This home was built in 2005 with beautiful light and open layout. Family friendly and a fantastic location at the true edge of downtown. Walk to the stadium in 0.9 miles. The Classic Center & core downtown historic district are four blocks away. Only 1/2 mile to the UGA Arch! The best of both worlds: closest possible proximity to downtown/north campus AND a quiet neighborhood setting with more greenspace than anywhere else in-town.
*We thank our wonderful guests for being aware of each house rule listed below:
• Parking: off-street parking is included for 3 passenger vehicles. With prior approval a 4th car may be possible. Our place cannot accommodate trailers, RV's, campers larger than van-size, large delivery trucks, buses, etc. We share an access driveway with one other home, and our guests are asked to park in designated areas at all times as described in our House Manual.
• Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is SEVEN adults PLUS children. Including the three beds, the crib, and the extra/optional twin-size floor mattress, there are actual beds to sleep 8. The couch may NOT be used as an extra bed for sleeping. Additional babies and young children beyond a headcount of 8 are welcome if they are bed-sharing or sleeping on bedding you provide. Please provide your group's headcount with your reservation request and update us if this number changes. Visits from non-registered guests are a breach of our no parties or events rule unless discussed with us in advance.
• We ask that you please do not bring pets to the property.
• House is for guests 21 years of age and older unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
• Guests are asked to take care of basic, reasonable tasks at check-out (taking trash out, locking up, etc.). Hosts strip bed linens and do all laundry and cleaning. See check-out list in the House Manual (online and in print at the house).
• No smoking on the property.
• Be a kind neighbor; this includes parking in designated area at all times and keeping noise at appropriate levels.
• Please do not take items off the property without written permission.
• Notify host right away with any requests or issues!
• Enjoy :)
We are professionals, UGA graduates, outdoor enthusiasts, and parents of two young children. We completed graduate degrees, married, and grew a family in this house that we built from a floor plan that Lila's dad designed just for us. We began hosting on Airbnb in fall 2016 when a new job lured us away from our sweet Athens home.
Over the years we have shared this home with fellow graduate students hailing from all around the world. We've also taken our fair share of great adventures...near and far, wild and on-the-beaten-path, with and without little ones in tow. We have tapped into these experiences to make our home into a comfortable and carefully thought-out oasis for our guests to enjoy. We aim to give our guests a streamlined experience with all the essentials accounted for to minimize the chance for surprises of the unwelcome kind. We have pride in donning our hosting hats and are excited to re-purpose this special home and share it with guests. And thanks to Airbnb, we think the best guests ever are finding their way to our open front door. :)