The Writers Retreat in the Himalayas promises a rejuvenating experience. Located off a beautiful hill road and adjoining a jungle stretch which is frequently used by wildlife to cross-over, the Retreat unfolds an interesting living with nature.
Unwind yourself at this charming retreat with great views of the Himalayan peaks, lush green surroundings and walk around the area. If you are lucky, you may sight wildlife on the adjoining jungle patch that works as the corridor for wildlife to move across.
Please remember, the clock of this area is different from the clock of metro cities. So enjoy your time, relax and recharge yourself.
Guests can access the garden, side yards and the open sitting areas, living as well as the dining/ kitchen. There are two bedrooms with attach bath. For large families, there is option to use the divan in living room and the beautiful Attic as extra bedroom.
Senior citizen can access the house easily as the entry is road level and parking facility is close to the entry.
Our caretaker Lalit lives in the adjoining place and is always there to help our guests.
Guests privacy is assured.
We can offer and recommend local trips with tips on jungle treks, climbing hills, eating places, bathing in the river or spring nearby. We frequently stay there but whenever we are not there, we are available on phone round the clock.
All travellers experience the refreshingly pure and tranquil atmosphere and green surroundings that soothes the body and mind. The longer you stay, the more you would like to stay back at this place.
- Washing clothes is banned for all short stays
- The bed and bath linens are not changed on daily basis. Please use them like you do in your home.
- For children's safety, it is advisable that an Adult should be with small children if playing in the lawns after nightfall.
- Water is scarce! Please close cistern flush from the gate valve below as there is always chance of water flowing into the wc. It can drain 500 litres in just 30 minutes.
- check-in time is 12 noon. checkout time is 10 am.
- The kitchen is complete with microwave, toaster, induction cooker, gas stove and a fridge. If you enjoy cooking, this is the best option. For groceries and veg, Lalit will help in arranging.
- You can order veg food in advance. Lalit can arrange your veg breakfast/ lunch/ dinner.
- In this open area, little noise travel far. It is advised that Outdoor Evening get-together is restricted to 10 pm.