State and local taxes are included in the price. Our place is close to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You’ll love it because there are several areas for great mountain views, farms, and wildlife. The closest National Park entrance is called Cosby Campground and can be found on most GPS searches. For more information of things to do, visit us on the web revenuers ridge cabins. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
Revenuer’s Ridge is located between the small towns of Newport and Cosby in East Tennessee. The house itself is in the foothills of English Mountain. It sports 3 bedrooms and can sleep 8 people and we are pet friendly. From the front porch, other mountains are visible, most notably in the fall/winter, when the upper elevations of the main Smoky Mountain chain are most visible (due to vegetation). Across the road from the cabin, Bogard Creek flows year round, providing a soothing rhythm to soothe your soul.
There is a wheelchair friendly ramp from the carport to the cabin’s main entrance - it affords access to mobility challenged folks so they can enjoy our mountains too!
On the porch is a cute little café table and chairs, for those times when you might want to dine ‘al fresco’, and of course, rocking chairs for taking in the views, talking, and relaxing.
Inside the cabin, you’ll see a lovely wooden staircase, leading to the upstairs bedrooms. To your right is the cozy kitchen. Although there’s no dishwasher, the kitchen is otherwise fully equipped, right down to a popcorn popper for movie night! The mobile island in the corner can be wheeled out for additional food prep space, and there’s even a pull out on the back for even more space! The storage area of the island contains the pots and pans, including some nice old cast iron cookware (be sure to visit the Lodge Outlet and start your own collection!).
Just off the kitchen is the living room, with a lovely gas fireplace in case the nights get chilly (or you just want the ambiance of a fire). A big screen ‘smart’ TV is available with a DVD/blu-ray player for your viewing pleasure. Dish Network is provided for both the living room and master bedroom televisions. The living room also has two couches, one of which is a full-size pullout sofa bed.
Right off the living room is the first of the two full baths. The main bath has a step in shower with built-in seat, convenient for those with mobility issues. The washer and dryer are located in a closet in this room, and are available for your use (detergent not provided). There’s a nice long counter with double sinks, each with its own mirror, so everyone gets a space to get ready for your adventures!
THE CHIEF’S OFFICE
‘The Chief’s Office’ boasts a king size sleigh bed, large screen TV, and a closet big enough to stash all your luggage, with ample dresser space to store your clothing. The room has its own full bath, which includes a deep jetted tub, perfect for soaking your cares away.
This room has had a remodel, and now has a gorgeous private covered porch, which looks out over the mountain across the way. On cloudy days, clouds sometimes obscure the mountain peak, and the foliage is simply breathtaking. Bogard Creek is easily heard from the deck, and this is a perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a cocktail and just BREATHE. Feel the stress ooze out of you as you listen to the mountain wake up in the morning, and when it settles to rest at night, while you gently sway in one of our rocking chairs.
THE MOUNTED DIVISION
Up the freshly refinished stairs are two bedrooms. To the left off the stairs is ‘The Mounted Division’, complete with a horse! (Okay, it’s a rocking horse, but you get the idea). There’s even a bridle, hat and cowboy boots, left there by some revenuer on mounted patrol. The room has a lovely oak queen bed, with an antique dresser and small open closet area for clothing storage. The bedroom window looks out to the same mountain visible from the ‘Chief’s Office’ porch.
THE DETECTIVE DIVISION
The room to the right of the stairs has been designated ‘The Detective Division’. This room is a mirror image of the ‘Mounted Division Room’ in size and layout. It has a lovely cherry queen bed and dresser, and our little version of ‘detective stuff’ to give you that vibe. From the bedroom window, you can look out over the carport and see English Mountain. During the cooler months, English Mountain will sometimes have temporary snowcaps, while at the cabin, it is simply chilly until the sun hits the yard.
Revenuer’s Ridge sits on 2 mostly wooded acres, with a nice yard to play in. You’ll hear chickens - you’re in the country, and most folks in the area have animals of some kind. There’s a fire pit in the side yard for your marshmallow toasting convenience, and it has a tripod grill if you’re into wood-fired BBQ. Behind the peach trees is ‘The Holding Cell’ - a great place to put those rambunctious kids! Just kidding, it’s an old chicken coop where we store firewood that is available for $5 a bundle. There is a charcoal grill in the carport for days you want ‘a sure thing’ grill-wise’ (charcoal and fluid not provided).
FLORA AND FAUNA
Along with the fruit trees, you’ll see honeysuckle, violets, multi-flora, and many other types of flowers and vegetation surrounding the property, and hickory nut trees along the driveway. There’s also some wild herbs, and other flowers. Trees surround the perimeter of the property, affording lots of privacy.
Yes, there are bears in the area. While they haven’t yet ventured up to the house, we know they are out there, so we take a few precautions, such as not leaving food scraps outside where it might prove tempting to a critter in search of a midnight snack.
Our neighbor’s dogs are both female German Shepherds. Winter is the most dominant dog of the two. Both dogs roam free in the neighborhood. Many area residents allow their dogs to roam free to deter wildlife like bears and mountain lions from getting too close to the property. If you encounter either dog and want them to leave, just call them sternly by name and tell them to go home. This has always worked for us.
INTERNET, CELL PHONE RECEPTION, & TV
The only internet that is available in the area is via satellite. We have found that is rather expensive and unreliable. Like many other cabins in the area, we do not have internet available. We do have rather good reception for most cell phone carriers and most folks use the internet on their cell phones. FYI, there is no cell phone reception at all in any part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We do have Dish Network Cable TV for our guests. There is a box behind the TV in the living room that looks like an internet modem, but it is not. It is part of the Dish Network platform.
Guests will have full use of the property as this is a vacation rental.
The owners will not be at the home during your stay
- We have a Rules and Rentals Policy that is available on our web site, revenuers ridge cabins. By booking, you agree to the terms and conditions contained therein.
- AGE REQUIREMENT - You must be 21 years or older to rent. The registered guest must meet the minimum age requirements and be occupying the rental. No un-chaperoned groups. Upon check-in, we reserve the right to refuse service with monies forfeited if any discrepancies in our policies are suspected.
- OCCUPANCY - A maximum of 8 guests are allowed at the cabin. Children are counted in total occupancy unless they are under the age of two. We do not charge a per person rate.
- LIABILITY - All guests understand that they are solely responsible for any property damage, accident, death, injury to any person(s), or loss sustained by any person, including the loss of money, jewelry and other items of personal property, arising out of or in any way related to a guest's use of the premises. Furthermore, the registered guest shall be liable for all accident claims or personal injury claims by any member of the vacationing party or guests thereof. All guests shall inspect and be familiar with the proper use and application of all items in the vacation rental prior to using them. The guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold Vina del'Olivo and/or the homeowner harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to a guest's use of the premises or the items of personal property provided therein. All guests assume the risk of injury, death, or other losses related to any recreational activities or use of the premises and will hold the owner and its agents harmless with respect thereto.
- CHECK IN - Check in time is 4pm. Please call ahead if you are going to be checking-in later than expected. A few days prior to your check in you will receive and email containing a key code for the cabin. If you have not received an email with this information within two days of your reservation date, please call us.
- CHECK OUT - Check out is at 11am. No late check-out unless previously arranged with the owners. Our cleaning staff needs adequate time to clean the cabin for the next guests. Please leave your keys in the key box when you leave.
- PETS – We love pets and welcome them. We understand that pets are often regarded as members of the family. We charge a total of $25 for pets. We require that you advise us prior to check-in if you will have pets on the property. Failure to do so is grounds for immediate eviction without refund. If any damage occurs to the property as a result of your pet, you are responsible for paying for it. Please let us know of any damage before your departure so that we can begin working on scheduling repairs and provide you with the cost of repairs.
- HOUSE PARTIES - Loud unruly parties of any kind WILL NOT BE TOLERATED at any time of day. There are full time resident neighbors that live near the cabin. The cabin owners, (who are also employed in law enforcement), are friends with these neighbors. Neighbors have been advised to contact us in the event of problems if they arise. Violations will result in everyone being asked to vacate the premises and police will be contacted if needed to help facilitate this. No refunds will be given. Please be respectful of your neighbors.
The owners of the cabin, Dan and Sam, have both had long careers in the law enforcement field (as well as the military, where they met). In addition, they owned and operated a regional-level NASCAR team for over a decade, with Dan at the wheel, and Sam as co-owner and assistant marketing/advertising (and a little pit crew – she’s good with tires!).
We have traveled all over the US and this area of the country is one of our absolute favorites. There are plenty of opportunities for adventure as well as relaxation. We enjoy cycling, hiking, kayaking, in addition to several other interests that the area offers.