Close to Omega Institute, Bard, Culinary Institute, Mid-Century Modern meets a Mad Men-Boho chic on 3 pretty acres in the town of Rhinebeck. A fun, casual whole house that's not another country cliche ... but is still comfy and relaxing. Minutes to Rhinebeck and Red Hook's restaurants, HITS on the Hudson, Amtrak and all of the historic sites the region is famous for.
This is a sweet little circa 1968 period rambler on 3 rolling, wild-flowered acres, newly refurbished (with period elements intact) and decorated in a style that is the intersection of Mid-Century modern and Mad Men/Boho chic. It's a nice get-away and centrally located to enjoy all that Rhinebeck and the Hudson Valley has to offer. There are 2 bedrooms with new beds, vintage period dressers and luxury linens, plus a bright and sunny eat-in kitchen. There are 2 separate living rooms ... one with a 50" flat screen TV, the other for music or reading. A separate dining room with views of the field complete the setting. It's nicely country: close to everything, but a 60 acre horse farm is across the street (where some guests board their mounts), deer often in the back yard (and eat my topiaries out front), and a beautiful pheasant or a shy red fox often can be glimpsed in the field on the side of the house.
You will pull into the private driveway with easy parking for up to 4 vehicles. The entire house is yours to enjoy. We will have pre-arranged the key exchange. In warm seasons there are outdoor chairs to enjoy, mowed trails through the wildflower fields. In the winter, we are less than an hour away from Belleayer, Catamount and Hunter Mountains.
As your host, I make sure the house is spotless, filled with coffee and fresh milk, packed with menus and suggestions for local fun. And there is always a helpful hand nearby in case of questions or any issues.
Hi, here are house rules for staying at my Mid Century Modern House:
1. The names of each adult person staying at the house must be sent to the host within 1 day of booking.
2. Only those people named will be allowed to stay at the house.
3. Only 4 people are allowed to stay overnight at the house at any given time without prior consent of host.
4. Reservations and names of guests are not transferable.
5. Absolutely no parties allowed.
6. There is no access to the garage allowed.
7. The back door stays locked, and guests are not allowed to use the back door as an exit or entrance.