*Guests with allergies: we have 3 cats*
Our house is just over 4 miles north of the Nashville city center and a brief 15 minute drive to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go. It's very close to the hip and trendy East Nashville neighborhood filled with delicious restaurants. We are a 7 minute drive from Fontanel. We have a cozy suburban house with an extra bedroom (equipped with a very comfy full size futon) and private full bathroom just for our guests. We'd love to have you stay with us!
- We have three cats, and they do make keeping a perfectly clean house more difficult. We keep the downstairs as clean as possible. If you'd like the cats not to enter your bedroom or bathroom, feel free to shut the doors to both rooms.
-For our cats' safety, we ask that guests be very diligent about shutting the garage door firmly behind them when going out to the back patio. They are indoor cats only, and the garage would be dangerous for them.
- In general, our main rule is to respect our home. You don't have to clean your room before you leave or make your bed or anything like that (we'll just un-make it to wash the linens and blankets anyway!), but we do ask guests to promptly wipe up any major spills or messes and not to leave trash strewn across the room for us to pick up after check-out.
- The living room is in use by us a good bit of the time and includes Frankie's office space.
- We're one of "those families" that let our cats get up on countertops and the kitchen table. Feel free to use the kitchen anytime and gently push any cat off of the table or countertop, if needed, though be sure to treat our cats with the same respect that you'd treat any human in the household. They are like family to us!
- Though there is no TV in your room, we have a Wifi connection that does well with streaming. We have a (older) laptop you can use to access movies on Netflix instant or watch any of our DVD's (we have a diverse collection). You will have full access to our Wifi network while you are here, and we require that guests agree not to download/upload illegally or engage in any other illegal activities while on our network.
- Our household (besides the cats!) is composed of Frankie (who works full time and attends school), Eddie (who works part time with a variable schedule), and Jack (our 11 year old, who attends school and is sometimes gone on the weekends). Though Frankie is usually in bed by 10:00 pm, our bedrooms are located upstairs while your room is downstairs, so you won't have to worry at all about creeping around or being super quiet. Be aware, though, that Frankie is an earlier riser. On weekdays, she's up by 5:15 and usually before 8:00 am on the weekend. She strives to be as quiet as possible, but know that pure silence is impossible. We have placed ear plugs, eye masks (we also have the kind of blinds that let a lot of light into the room in the morning), and a noise machine in the guest room to help ensure that your sleep is not disturbed. :)
- Along the lines of the rule above, if you are coming in after 10:00 pm, please keep the noise level down. We mention in our description that our bedrooms are upstairs which means that you don't need to feel any pressure to creep around or cringe at every noise - we are sheltered from all the basic sounds involved with moving about and getting ready for bed. We will get woken up, though, by slamming doors, loud talking and laughing, or playing loud music, so just practice basic consideration of other people asleep in the house, and it's all good. :)
- We offer complimentary coffee in the mornings (a choice between a drip coffee maker and a Keurig one cup), but we don't serve food.
- When using the kitchen, please clean up after yourself. :) Be aware, also, that on weeknights, we are usually preparing a family dinner somewhere between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm, so it might be a bit crowded. (though we have a nice spacious kitchen with room for everyone)
- No drugs allowed on the premises. If you are a smoker, we have a back patio (it's not very fancy, though there are some camping chairs out there, and it's a lovely place to sit) but no smoking in the house, please!
I'm a Nashville native. I work in the mental health field and am pursuing my PhD right now, too. I love cats (my greatest joy!), coffee, double stuff oreos, autumn, and I'm a television addict (netflix binge watching is my version of crack/cocaine). When I travel, the small comforts are important to me, and we are new to Airbnb but want to make our home as comfortable as possible for our guests. :)