Spacious private room in a large house with a great backyard in Westchase/Energy Corridor. It has a queen sized bed & private bathroom with access to shared living room, dining room, kitchen, office & outdoor living area (may be private depending on other bookings/my travel schedule). Also shared access to a futon in a 3rd bedroom that is not listed individually for rent. This is a great listing for business travelers, families, people with pets, vacationers or most other travel situations!
Thanks for checking my listing out! I’m new to Airbnb hosting but looking forward to meeting even more people and helping people who are visiting Houston!
Your room is a good sized guest room with a queen sized bed. You’ve got a good ceiling fan, a nice big window, standup mirror and large closet at your disposal. The room also has a lock on the door which you will be given a key to. You also have your own private bathroom with a large vanity, toilet and bath/shower. I’ve stocked the bathroom which a bunch of toiletries that should help you if you forgot something at home.
My home is a good sized 4 bedroom 2.5 bath ranch style house in Houston’s Westchase district in West Houston just outside the beltway off Briar Forest (Energy Corridor/Memorial area). Only two of the bedrooms are used/rented and the other two are used for storage. It’s a great house with amazing spacy living areas that should make you feel right at home. Wi-fi is available throughout the house. There is cable TV through Uverse accessible in the living room with a DVR that you’re more than welcome to program and use. There is a full sized fridge in the laundry room that is specifically for Airbnb guests and you can use both the fridge and freezer for whatever you would like. The main fridge in the kitchen has condiments that are also free for you to use. There is also a drawer of spices and some cabinets with more “pantry” type items (peanut butter, olive oil, etc) that are also yours to use while you’re here. All kitchen appliances, dishes and cooking utensils are yours to use! Please clean anything you dirty.
When I am home, my pets are with me. I have two dogs and a cat who will live in the house. They are super cool and love to snuggle and play, but if you’re highly allergic, this may not be the house for you. Even when the animals are with me traveling, I imagine their hair does not completely go away.
As such, all pets are allowed as long as they play nice with others. My dogs love other animals and would love play friends! I also have spare crates if you need a house for your furry friend while you’re visiting.
I’ve got a spare bedroom that normally houses the animals’ crates but which has a futon in it that can be used by guests if needed.
All common areas are free for you to use. You will potentially be sharing these with another guest or with me (if I am not traveling). There is a large kitchen, dining room and office with a desk and monitor/keyboard/mouse. It also has hardwired Ethernet. The laundry room is yours to use as you please. The large living room and outdoor space has plenty of seating and lots of space for relaxing. You will have a key which locks your bedroom door as well as a key to the house itself with an alarm code and you are welcome to come and go as you please.
When I am home, I work generally from 8-6 but can be available to help anytime during those hours as I only work about a half mile from the house. I am generally a homebody but can be provoked to join for dinners or drinks after working hours or can easily leave you alone to get your own peace and quiet. I love meeting people and was an avid couchsurfer in earlier days so I’ve spent many a nights with strangers in my home from all over the world and love the opportunity to just chat and learn about your story!
- All pets welcome! No max occupancy or type/breed restrictions. I have a few extra dog crates in the spare bedroom w/ the futon that are yours to use if you need a place to house your baby. Please pick up any poop in the backyard to keep it clean for the next guest. If your pet makes a mess in the house, please use cleaning supplies to clean as best you can. Please keep digging in the backyard to a minimum. Keep dogs leashed in the neighborhood. Please also keep the destroying of my things to a minimum. If something happens, I understand, but please let me know ASAP!
- All kids welcome, though I can tell you right now that my house is 100% not kid-proof. So please do a walk through before you let them off their leashes to make sure the place is safe to your standards. I would prefer no ghost children haunting my house in the future.
- Be nice to the house. It never did anything to you. Unless it did, and then… be the bigger person.
- Eat, drink and be merry… and then replace what you ate and drank if you didn’t bring it yourself. With the exception being coffee, tea, pop and condiment type things. But let me know if you finish any of those so I can make sure they get replaced before the next person comes.
- Cleaning service will come empty trash, but if you just can’t live without a chore, or if you’re a really trashy person, the trash bins are located to the right of the garage behind the gate. Please also leave the main driveway privacy gate open on Tuesdays and Fridays during the day because that is when the trash service runs.
- This is a suburban neighborhood so please keep outdoor noise to a minimum after 10 on weeknights and midnight on weekends. If you plan on having company over, please let me know ahead of time so I can alert the neighbors. They are not fussy, but I don’t want them to hate me either.
- I’m not a smoker, so please keep all smoking out of the house and clean up after yourself.
- Please return all keys after your stay. I like you, but not that much.
I'm an ex-full-time traveler and recovering travel addict who has been stationed in Houston for just over 2 years. I love it here! I love spending time with my pooches and tinkering with my house. I'm also a big horseback rider and spend as much time in the saddle as possible. I work a lot, so that could be considered a hobby as well, I guess! I love meeting people and hearing interesting stories and am so excited for the opportunities hosting will give me to learn new things.