"Griya ring Tegal", a new villa in a tranquil village, a cool 900m above sea level, overlooking a valley. Stunning forest, mountain views, nestled in an orchard on main road between Ubud (30 min) and Kintamani volcano (15 min). 15x5m infinity pool, gazebo, fish pond, open living/dining room, modern spacious kitchen, 3 bedrooms w A/C, TV room with full international cable, free high speed WIFI, washer. Just 3 to 30 minutes to temples, stunning rice terraces, Elephant Safari Park. Pure bliss.
This is our home, shared for a few months a year when we are not in Bali. Location is near a charming village just 15 minutes from the stunning Kintamani Volcano and the Ceking rice padis. The home is in a very traditional village where neighbors will welcome you to experience Hindu culture. Guests can find refuge in the forest views, butterflies, swallows and eagles, from their balconies, the pavilion and infinity pool, stroll the garden and orange orchard, or visit neighbors at the coffee plantation/cafe next door. Our cook/maid, handyman, and Balinese hostess will ensure your comfort and make all arrangements to explore Bali's magic.
Our housekeeper is also an excellent masseuse and can offer massages and skin cleansing in the villa at a reasonable price.
The entire home open to guests, including the kitchen and all the appliances and utensils. Only a small study where we keep our papers and books is locked. If you lack anything, just tell the hostess or e-mail us.
The villa is close to nature so there are insects, especially at night, which are almost all kept out by screens and glass doors. If doors are left open at night, insects and the occasional frog will enter.
Internet is fast for Bali but the villa is far from the Internet provider and relies on an antennae (thus, the tall tower on the roof), so during heavy rain or wind, can fade in and out. When this occurs, we can usually rely on the provider to make adjustments within a day. Just tell the housekeeper or manager if Internet does not work or is very slow. If Internet is out for an extended period, we will purchase for you a card to access Internet via 3G on your phone.
The home is air conditioned for the comfort of guests but we never use air conditioning. Evenings are almost always cool enough to snuggle under blankets.
Our two cats are very friendly. They don't bite or scratch. If you don't like cats, the housekeeper can keep them out.
- Host is responsible to report all guests to local authorities for their own safety, so will require photocopy of passport or ID on check-in.
- Villas has two security cameras. One outside the front entrance and one facing the kitchen. To protect guests privacy, the indoor camera will be disconnected when guests are in the home.
- There are few mosquitoes and no malaria or dengue in this area. Since this is rural area, there are insects and frogs, which can be kept out by closing glass doors and screens.
- Lodging includes a hot cooked breakfast. Drinks are always available. Lunch and dinner can be ordered from nearby restaurant with 1 hour notice.
- Swimming pool is not fenced or guarded. For this reason, home is not listed as child friendly. Children may not use the pool without adult supervision.
- Host can arrange for tours and to rent car and driver for the entire day or part of the day at a very reasonable cost, or for guests to rent cars or motorcycles to drive themselves.
- A part-time Balinese manager who is fluent in English will greet guests soon after arrival and visit from time to time to take care of all requests. The housekeeper/cook who is almost always at home does not speak English. A handyman also lives in the home.
- Guests are asked not to stain linens and towels with makeup or other grease based substances and to not wash towels and linens themselves. Guests will be charged for linens and towels that have stains which cannot be removed. Cotton balls and special towels are provided for cleaning make-up.
- The two resident cats are very friendly and ensure that there are no mice. They are kept out of the bedrooms and are trained to not sleep on the furniture.
We usually are not in Bali when the home is rented but will monitor e-mail at all times. In addition, the Balinese manager and hostess, who speaks English, will greet guests when they arrive and check on them from time to time. Guests will have her phone number and can call from the housekeeper's cell phone at any time, and she will respond quickly.
The hostess can also arrange for all you needs, from renting a motorcycle or car and driver, so ordering meals from a five-star restaurant just a minute from the villa at Puri Sebatu, or taking yoga lessons at that hotel.
I am an Indonesian, with a masters degree in literature from University of Michigan, who built this villa in Bali as a getaway home in for my family. We are sharing it with guests during some parts of the year. I am fluent in English and familiar with cultural attractions of Bali and many parts of Indonesia. Either my house manager, Meli, a Balinese who is fluent in English, or I, will make sure that you feel at home and give you tips to explore Bali's rich culture and stunning nature.