* Please read the entire listing. Thanks!*
Come spend your next vacation in this lively vintage 3 bedroom 1 bath located in East Humboldt Park.
Plenty of great eats and exciting bars to choose from in this hip neighborhood, and easy transit to Wicker Park, Logan Square, and downtown via mass transit or biking. Walk to one of the largest parks in Chicago, just several blocks away. Carefully chosen eclectic local art and items decorate this 1,000 square foot home.
3 bedroom and 1 bath first floor apartment of our gorgeous Chicago brick cottage. There's a lot of historical charm in this apartment - it was built two years after the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893, and all trim is original to their turn of the century architectural details.
I've decorated the home with vintages finds from the area, and upgraded it with modern necessities such as in unit heating, and window air conditioning. There's an additional roll out couch in the living room for larger groups, and the unit can fit six people comfortably, seven people if beds are shared. The unit is about 1,000 sq ft, so plenty of room to mill about. There's also a backyard that receives plenty of sun during the summer. You will have the whole apartment to yourselves - with a separate entrance, as well as an exit to the backyard garden. Please note there is no TV provided - enjoy the neighborhood instead!
You'll have full access to your very own private unit, with access to our lush backyard. I've added a keyless entry to the first floor, so check-in is very flexible.
Upper floors and balconies are private, but feel free to give us a shout if you want a tour! During the summer time, you'll probably find us gardening in the backyard or grilling.
We are happy to help you out in any way during your stay. I work downtown in the Loop during business hours, and Elise is a night shift nurse, so one of us will generally be around the home at most times.
As an architect, i'm happy to share some of the history of this inspiring city, and my favorite sights to see.
We are live in hosts, and we cherish the opportunity to meet guests from all over the world, as well as nearby.
This is a vintage home - things tend to squeak a little and there are some rustic items. You might hear us upstairs occasionally during the day (and we'll hear you!)
There are three beds, and an additional roll out bed in the living room. One bedroom is a typical larger master bedroom, while two are typical for a vintage Chicago workman's cottage. The smallest bedroom is located in an alcove next to the living room.
- Please read the entire listing description before booking
- Absolutely no parties
- Smoking is not allowed inside the apartment. Guests will be charged the full security deposit amount if this rule is broken.
- Quiet hours are after midnight. If you are outside after 11:00 PM, please be mindful and respectful of our neighbors.
- Please be respectful of our home and personal belongings. Please do not extensively rearrange the furniture in the apartment.
- Turn off lights and turn heat to 62 if you leave for several hours.
- Please have an accurate guest count at the time of booking. No additional guests above the original count. If you need to add guests, please let me know.
- No underage drinking, or illegal drug use
- Please remove muddy/snowy boots/shoes before entering
- Check in is anytime after 3 PM, and checkout is at midday. Early check in or late check out must be coordinated beforehand or the full rate for the given day will be charged
- Verified ID required
- No illegal or excessive downloading on WiFi