Beautiful, spacious, recently remodeled and refurnished room. Luxury linens and towels. Immaculate with all the comforts of home.
Quiet, peaceful, and comfortable retreat with study/work space. Your share a shower on the 2nd floor and have a ½ bath on first floor of a 3-bedroom, 2.5 bath, turn of the 20th century Craftsman brown shingle home in the Elmwood neighborhood.
Ideal for visiting professors, post-docs, interns, or travelers to the Bay Area.
Beautiful, spacious, very recently remodeled and refurnished room. Luxury linens and towels. Immaculate with all the comforts of home.
Quiet, peaceful, and comfortable retreat with study/work space. You share a shower on the 2nd floor and have a ½ bath on first floor of a 3-bedroom, 2.5 bath, turn of the 20th century Craftsman brown shingle home in the Elmwood neighborhood.
Ideal for visiting professors, post-docs, interns, or travelers to the Bay Area. Perfect for short stays or longer-term.
Newly furnished with a desk, recliner chair, queen size pillow top mattress, luxury linens, your choice of down or down alternative bedding. Free wi-fi Internet. The room has a double mirrored closet, chest of drawers, and the comforts of home including fresh towels daily.
Conveniently located in a high-end Berkeley neighborhood a few doors east of Telegraph Avenue:
• A 15 minute walk to UC campus, the heart of Telegraph Avenue, and downtown Berkeley
• Half a block from bus line that takes you north to UC campus and south to downtown Oakland (15 minutes)
• A short walk (less than 10 minutes) to Ashby BART station
• 20 minute BART ride to San Francisco
• 2 blocks from Alta Bates Summit Hospital
• 3 minutes to Whole Foods Market
• A few blocks to College Avenue (bank, branch library, post office, movie theater, cafes, restaurants with diverse cuisine, and a variety of stores)
Please be clean and respectful of the privacy and space of others.
A few glasses of wine OK, but no hard liquor or heavy drinking
No smoking in the house or on the property
Light cooking in fully appointed kitchen. You’ll have your own coffee maker, use of microwave & appliances, and dedicated space in the refrigerator and cupboards. You’re welcome to use the high energy efficient washer and dryer free.
- House rules SAFETY AND SECURITY are top priorities in this home. • Security is the responsibility of each guest. • The guest must ensure that all doors are locked during the guest’s absence and take all precaution to avoid fire. • The homeowner assumes no responsibility or liability, unless otherwise provided by law, for the guest’s safety and security, or for injury or damage caused by the criminal acts of other persons. • Candles are not to be used anywhere on the premises. • This home is a NO-SMOKING ZONE. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property. Your security deposit will be forfeited if you smoke. •Keys: There will be a $25.00 fee for a lost key, which will be subtracted from your security deposit. Please note that your key cannot be duplicated without authorization. RESPECT FOR NEIGHBORS is an equally important priority. Noise: •This is a quiet, close-knit neighborhood. We all take care of one another and are courteous and considerate. Therefore, the guest shall not make excessive noise or permit any actions (including noise) that interfere with the rights, comforts, or conveniences of others, including the homeowner and neighbors. •Quiet hours are 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Parking: Parking in this neighborhood is 2-hour parking. Unrestricted parking is available a few blocks away. Alcohol & Illegal Drugs: No hard liquor is allowed on the property. A little wine is OK. Use of illegal drugs are prohibited on the property. COMMON COURTESIES Please be courteous and considerate of others’ space, keep your areas clean. You can use all kitchen and laundry appliances. Please clean up after use and don’t leave stove unattended. GENERAL HOUSE RULES Damage: Guests are responsible for any damage they do during their stay to the property, house, or household items. Additional Guests: Only confirmed guests allowed on premises. No parties are allowed. GENERAL NO-NO’S No:food upstairs overnight guests animals smoking hard liquor (a little wine is OK) firearms
In my career as a self-employed editor, I have worked mostly for Ph.D. candidates and UC Berkeley professors. I am known for my sense of humor, a nurturing, generous nature, and for lending my leadership skills to successfully resolving issues impacting my community. In addition, I enjoy aquatic exercise, gardening, home improvement projects, and decorating. I have remodeled/restored my 100+ year-old home, and take pride in what’s been accomplished to make it a warm, inviting, and cozy environment. I receive many compliments on the décor, particularly the guest bathroom, and on my extensive African art collection. I especially enjoy hosting visitors and providing an exceptional guest experience.