My place is close to the beach and family-friendly activities. It is good for couples and groups. You can enjoy the view from the balcony and the privacy inside the house.
Walking around the neighborhood gives you great spots for hiking and jogging, all in the middle of nature.
Sightings of birds and monkeys are very common as they like the surroundings.
The house is far enough from the center of Cahuita to have some quiet time, but close enough to go there to eat and buy groceries.
>>> CHECK THE MAP BELOW FOR SOME TIPS & TRIPS
The house is located 800m from the beach called Playa Grande and 1km from Playa Negra, and 2km from the center of Cahuita and its National Park.
The house has two bedrooms and two full bathrooms with hot water. There is also a sofa-bed in the living room. The main bedroom has a two-person bed and the second bedroom has two single beds. In the living room there's a sofa-bed which is also a two person bed. A total of 6 people can sleep comfortably in Casa Ara.
The terrace or balcony is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the nature around you.
There is no air conditioning in the house, but there are fans in each bedroom and in the living room.
Under the house there is a space to chill and escape from hot days. Three hammocks are ready to use and there is a cold shower to cool down, or to wash off sand and salt after going to the beach.
You will have access to the entire house and its gardens. The house has a fully equipped kitchen and living spaces. You can use all the appliances and other things in the kitchen and the rooms. The balcony and the gardens are also there for you to enjoy.
The only thing not available for guests is the washing machine, but there are some laundry rooms in Cahuita where you can take your laundry and they'll wash it for a reasonable price.
We live in San José and are not always near the house or Cahuita. We have a couple of contacts of people who help us with the administration of the house, Maria is our main contact in Cahuita and her daughter takes care of the cleaning.
They will welcome you at the house and show it to you. They will also be the ones who can help you out during your stay if anything might come up. We are also always available through the Airbnb messaging system and you will have our mobile phone number in case you need to get in touch with us.
At the moment of leaving the house there will be one of our contacts to check the house and receive the keys.
You will be left to enjoy your stay and how much interaction there is between us is mainly up to you.
Behind the house is a school that is open during weekdays between 8am and 1pm. You can sometimes hear the kids when they are playing outside the classrooms during recess.
- No cats allowed.
- Dogs can be allowed into the property, but not into the house. They would have to stay downstairs or on the balcony, but never inside.
- School near the house. Between 8am and 1pm during weekdays you can hear some activity.
- The beach is 800m from the house.
- A friendly sloth comes by the property regularly :)
- Smoking is not allowed in the house nor the property. Only outside the property, on the street.
- If other people, other than the actual guests, are at the house then the actual guests will be responsible for them and their actions. Make sure they comply with the house rules.
- We expect you to be respectful and responsible.
- We hope you communicate well with us so we can help any way we can.
- Cleaning service is provided before your stay, but of course you will care for this place as if it was your own home. Please leave the house as you found it. Thank you very much.
- Additional cleaning can be provided for an additional price of $15 each time.
I was born in San José, Costa Rica and lived here until I was 13 years old. After that I lived in The Hague, The Netherlands for about 14 years and now I came back to Costa Rica to live here again.
Since my mother got into Airbnb I've been helping her and now also some other people to rent their places and get in contact with guests.
Movies and music are things I enjoy a lot, in as much variety as possible.
Some years ago I was also active hosting backpackers from different parts of the world. I learned how nice it is to meet new people who are on their travels and helping them to enjoy to the fullest.