Kelo wood log house close to Helsinki capital and Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Only 50 minutes to the airport or Helsinki city center. Good base for southern Finland trips by car. Ideal for 1,2 or 3 couples with or without kids. Parents can have bedrooms and kids like to sleep in the lofts.
Large second home is by the lake in cottage area on top of the hill facing west.
There are two buildings made of kelo wood. Kelo is used to describe ancient northern pines which have dehydrated while standing in place. Characteristic of this wood is the silvery gray shimmering surface and the reddish core. This precious wood develops through decades of dehydration in the dry coldness of the subarctic zones when the tree has stopped growing after some 300-400 years. After this, it is possible for the tree to stay upright for another few hundred years. Kelo buildings are rare, especially in southern Finland.
Whole place is like a piece of Lapland in southern Finland - pines and nordic flora. You may pick up blueberries in the yard during late summer and autumn. Views are to the west where the lake is. You can see sunsets from the sauna or from the main building or from the terraces. There are magical moments when the sun sets and it glitters by the lake to sauna ceiling and sauna stove shows flames through the glass hatch. You take your favorite cold drink and go to see the sunset in the terrace. Or you just walk down to the lake and jump into it.
In the premises there are for example:
- One hundred sixty square metres space in main builing, 30 m2 + 10 m2 in sauna building, 10 m2 in store house. Both kelo houses are only few years old.
- Private shoreline
- Large pier
- 3 bedrooms with two separate 200x90 cm motor beds in each bedroom.
- 6+6=12 sleep seats in main building lofts of 25 m2 each - kids love these. Lofts are partly low space where sleeping matresses are.
- Main building accommodates 6+12=18 persons easily.
- Separate sauna building with sauna for 10 persons, change room, fireplace room, loft where you can accommodate 4 persons if you like, plus in fireplace room you can accommodate 2-4 persons. Note: In summertime sauna building might warm up and there is no cooling.
- Kitchen with modern appliances. Dishwasher, washing machine, coffee machine, 3 refrigerators - 2 in main building and one in sauna building. Water boiler. Freezer. Oven. Microwave oven.
- Cold and hot water in both buildings.
- Tap water is drinkable.
- There are blackout curtains in all bedrooms and in lofts.
- Loudspeakers in main building with bluetooth connection, so you can connect your smartphone Spotify to house WiFi internet and listen to your favourite music.
- Two dry toilets, one in main building, one in a store house.
- Free WiFi internet through GSM mobile network. Base is in the main building.
- TV in another loft of the main building.
- Naive art in walls.
- Yard lights, decorative lightings
- Open fireplace in main building is 4,6 metres tall, and 2,2 metres wide
- Lots of parking space
- Table for 12 guests inside, two tables outside for 8-12 guests, lots of chairs, 12+12
- Shovers in main building and in sauna.
- Outside fireplace in the lake shoreline. Note: Some restrictions for making the open fire may apply depending on the weather. You can make pancakes in outside fire or grill some sausages etc. Two pancake pans are available.
- Fishing equipment available.
- Games and cards available.
- Shore is very steep and lake is very deep. So, keep your eyes on the children.
- Large terraces in main building and in sauna building.
- Two sun loungers in a lower terrace.
- Cushions for all terrace chairs and loungers.
- Security system.
- Cooling in main building.
- Baby cots and highchairs available on request in advance. Extra charge 50 euros each.
- Gas grill.
- Firewood, electricity, gas and water included in the price.
- Hot tub for 6 persons. Owner shows how to warm up the tub once during the week and it is included in the price.
- In western Uusimaa region there are lots of interesting places to visit like Mustio castle, Fiskars, Tytyri mine and the capital is less than an hour away.
- Shed in a tree for kids.
- Small rowing boat.
- House manual is available in English and Finnish.
Whole house is available except small storage room in storage building.
I am mostly rather well reachable. I live in 12 minutes drive from the second home. If you need anything, ask by text message or call. I will come to guide you to in the start - I'll show things and give the keys. I will also come to visit in prearranged time and show how the hot tub works. I will also take garbages away in the same visit.
- Houses are best suitable for 1,2 or 3 couples with kids.