Willow Cottage is one of three independent properties at Hamptons Farmhouse.
The Cottage is an old stable which has been converted to contemporary standards. The open plan living, kitchen and dining area leads onto the double bedroom. The bathroom has a bath/shower. The sofa can be converted into a bed if necessary for additional guests.
Hamptons Farmhouse is located in the beautifully rural area between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge and Hadlow near to the villages of Plaxtol and West Peckham in Kent, the Garden of England. Amazingly quiet and peaceful, set in 9 acres of land, all that can be seen is rolling countryside, yet we are just 32 miles from the centre of London with all its theatres, tourist attractions, shopping and cultural activities.
Relax on our 9 Acre site, enjoy the clean air and stunning views. Beyond the cottages unfolds the beautiful gardens with duck pond on which you can paddle around on the row boat. Or play open air table tennis under the shelter of the barn; take afternoon tea on the lawns or if you feel more energetic play croquet or even tennis in the all weather courts.
Willow cottage is an ideal romantic retreat or base for exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside. Footpaths that criss-cross this area, lead to pubs which serve great food and beers (one even has its own micro brewery.)
Guests find that as they can be in central London with a 35min train journey (+20 min drive to station), Willow Cottage is a great base for both city and country.
There is a second double sofa bed which can accommodate two children.
• To enjoy yourselves, relax and have fun
• The Owners kindly ask the Tenants to take good care of the property and leave it clean and tidy and in the same condition at the end of the Tenancy as when they arrived Before each set of tenants arrive there is a changeover team who make sure everything is in order and ensure the property is fully clean. If the Tenants are unable to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition which would then require our changeover team to spend additional time to ensure the property is fully in order for the next tenants, the Tenants must give the Owners advance warning so that necessary arrangements can be made. If the changeover team have to do extra remedial work after a Tenants departure, the Owners reserve the right to make a charge for this work would be deducted from the Security Deposit;
• To pay for any losses or damages to the property, caused by the Tenant or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded)
• To permit the Owners reasonable access to the property upon request.
• Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form
• Not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without the Owners' agreement
• Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description. For Willow Cottage this is 2 persons in the bedroom and up to 2 people in the sitting room on the sofa bed and with a further potential infant under 3 using the cot.
• Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of Hope Cottage the attached rental property which shares the grounds; the occupants of Hamptons Farmhouse, nor the neighbours of Hamptons Farmhouse.
• Not to undertake any illegal activities at the property.
• To utilize the internet and wifi facilities appropriately, legally and reasonably.
• Not to smoke in any of the property or the pool enclosure and to make any cigarette ends are disposed of and are not left in the gardens or outside the property.
• No early arrival or late departure (unless pre-agreed with the Owners) – this can cause additional changeover costs and may adversely impact incoming guests.
• The property uses a septic tank system for sewerage which is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No sanitary products/nappies should be flushed at any time. If it is found that such items have been flushed and clog the septic system, the Tenants could be charged damages for the cost of repair.
• Not to bring any pets. Pets are not allowed inside the property or anywhere on the grounds.
• Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the boats on the ponds without a responsible adult in attendance at all times. There are a number of wild birds that nest in and around the pond and the pond is their home all the time. Please respect their habitat.
• The ponds are not for swimming or paddling in – even the shallow ones.
• Children using the zip-wire must be supervised by a responsible adult.
• All rubbish is removed from the cottage and disposed of in the appropriate bins. (Details will be provided in the Guest Pack)
• Do not touch the solar panels.
• All soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
• The property is secured when the Tenants are not present and at the end of the rental left locked and the keys are returned to the Owners or secured in the key-safe.
• Please leave all site facilities as you found them. This includes Seven Dwarfs cottage in the woods and the Gypsy caravan.
• Please do not chase or worry the animals. Do not enter the animals’ enclosures. Please check with the Owners before feeding the animals.
Katie and Andrew used to live in London. Though we liked city life, we love the country life.
We wanted to create a home where our children could grow up loving the outdoor life, having fun and enjoying fresh air and space. It took us years and years to find this place but the move from London to rural Kent has been one of the best decisions we have ever made.
Hamptons Farmhouse is 9 acres of heaven (or as close it gets on earth anyway). It is incredibly beautiful, overlooking the rolling landscape of the Garden of England. Yet we are so close to London that it is easy to travel in for an evening's entertainment (or a days shopping!).
We knew that if we could create our dream home that was just right for us and our three children, then it would appeal to others too. Holidays are about having fun, relaxing together and taking it easy. That's what happens here at Hamptons Farmhouse. We love it here. We were drawn to this area for its beauty, simplicity and yet an abundant range of things to do, and recognised this was the perfect place to create a home so in 2010 we decided to turn our dreams into a reality and create a place that our children could grow up and we could create something beautiful and filled with fun and life.
We wanted to create a holiday home that was a happy place; overflowing with love and laughter; safe but filled with adventure. We wanted a place that can be special for someone at every age. Whether still feeding from a high-chair; learning to ride a bike for the first time; climb a tree fort; explore the woods; read, walk, cycle or canoe; walk to the local pubs with their own micro breweries; or simply chill out and enjoy a romantic break, there is something for everyone.
We designed the holiday cottages as places where memories could be created, where the photos are simply aide-memoirs to the joyful experiences shared together.
Katie & Andy Tanswell purchased this cottage in 2010