Come take off your shoes and relax in this historic 12-acre estate on the Rappahannock River, one mile from the Chesapeake Bay. A perfect home for family gatherings and weddings. Sit out on the screened porch or between the two majestic oaks, and watch our osprey family and the dolphins. Go swimming from the sandy beach or fishing, or crabbing off the 30-foot deck. Play ping pong, go biking or just relax. Above all, experience a sunset as you have never seen it before, and be a part of history.
Crossing the bridge into the town of White Stone you arrive at this magnificent estate on the Rappahannock River. 'Pop Castle' is a property entrenched in civil war history. It is on the National Registry of Historic Homes and a registered Virginia Historic Landmark.
This 1855 house, flanked by two majestic Oak trees overlooking the two-mile wide Rappahannock River, offers expansive lawns, towering trees and a long sandy beach. Sit out on the screened porch and watch the osprey and the resident eagle go after their daily catch while the dolphins swim by. Relax in the hammock on the sandy shores of the river or go swimming, fishing, or crabbing off the 30 foot deck (two crab pots are available). This five bedroom historic home on twelve exquisite acres with hundred year old magnolias and oaks is fully furnished and equipped with WiFi, cable, bikes, outdoor games and a ping pong table.
With the wood paneled living room with fireplace, comfortable TV room with fireplace, formal dining room with fireplace, sunroom with a large bay window overlooking the river, a large and bright kitchen with adjoining windowed garden/laundry room, and a spectacular 50 foot long porch opening directly to the wide treed lawn and the river, your family and friends will have plenty of space to share your valued time together. On the second floor, five bedrooms, three with fireplaces, offer ample sleeping space (although if more is needed, the first floor sunroom and TV room with adjoining full bathrooms can easily be converted into bedrooms using our queen airbeds).
Vacation homes abound, but none other offers such serenity and natural beauty, while allowing you to stay in a house shelled by Union gunboats in 1861 or on the land raided by the British fleet during the War of 1812. The property includes historic outbuildings, including a smoke house and granary from the 1850s and an enormous work shed housing some of the cannonballs uncovered on the property.
Come take off your shoes and relax in this historic estate on the Rappahannock River, one mile from the Chesapeake Bay. Above all, come sit on the deck and experience a sunset as you have never seen it before, and be a part of history.
Pop Castle Rental Rules
1. Check-in time is after 5 pm and checkout is by noon. No early check-in or late checkout without prior approval.
2. This is a no smoking house.
3. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent or unless specifically agreed.
5. Please remove shoes in the laundry room next to the kitchen if shoes are muddy or sandy.
6. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/security deposit of $400 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. Upon departure:
All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in the garbage cans in the third shed as you enter the property.
Dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
Beds are to be stripped of sheets and pillowcases but do not need to be remade after wash. Also make sure to wash the towels. No more than one load of laundry should be left unwashed. This is important, because the cleaning crew cannot do more than one load in the time they are there and the next guests will not have beds made. A charge of $30 per load of unwashed laundry in excess of one load will be made on your security deposit. Any used sheets and towels not washed should be placed on top of the washer and dryer in the laundry room.
c. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
d. No linens are lost or damaged.
e. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or the local law enforcement.
f. No candle wax is dripped on furniture.
7. PAYMENT - Please make payments in the form of a Credit Card, bank money order, cashier’s check, personal check or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) payable to Virginia or Walid Ramadan, 6300 Riyadh Pl. Dulles, VA 20189.
8. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty-day (60) notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. The owner will make every effort to re-rent the house and in the event of re-rental, will return all or part of the advance payment.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to sixteen (16) adults without prior approval.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – linens and bath towels are included in the unit, but daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. Games, outdoor furniture, barbeque and bikes are available for renters’ use during their stay. They must be returned to their original location before the end of the rental period.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14. OUTDOORS ACTIVITIES. Please note that the use of bicycles and kayak and swimming in the river and the use of the swing is at your own risk.
15. Tick control: We advise that you bring DEET mosquito repellant as it is most effective in preventing tick bites. We have few deer that travel throughout the property and with them some ticks. Please cover and spray your legs when you go out in the back areas. We have insect repellants too at the house but please bring some of your own.
Please email us your address so that we can send you your security deposit at the end of your stay.
Virginia or Walid Ramadan
6300 Riyadh Place
Dulles, VA 20189