*** Bathroom towels and Linens on all beds included in our rental rate ***
(a $250 value!)
•Sleeps: 19 (plus crib provided)
•Bedding (linens included): 4 Kings, 1 Queen, 3 Bunk Beds, 1 Pyramid Bunk, crib
•Location: Semi Ocean Front
•Town: Carova, NC
•Length of Stay: Weekly (Book 2 consecutive weeks for discount of $400!)
•Note: A 4-Wheel Drive Is *highly recommended* To Access This Vacation Paradise
LIKE us at OBXUtopia
Relax on either of two levels of 150 foot long wrap around decking; there is a special spot for you to soak in stunning ocean views 24/7 while at "Utopia". The pool deck area provides shade as well as plenty of sun worshiping space with ample seating, tables and lounge chairs. With large dining room table for 10-12, additional seating at breakfast bar and outdoors you will be sure to vacation in style. All the bedrooms have LCD flat screen televisions with built in DVD players along with foam or designer bedding. The great room has a flat screen surrounded by luxury furniture tastefully mixed with beach decor. Step past your private pool (14'x35') and into the sand where you will find yourself just steps away from the Atlantic Ocean, the wild horses, the dolphins, and pelicans. What more could you possibly dream of having at your fingertips while on vacation! Well-behaved, house broken dogs welcome for additional fee.
The fully equipped kitchen will make cooking for a crowd a breeze. Eight stove top burners, top of the line drinking water purification system, wine cooler, and plenty of dishware are provided.
This house rents Sunday to Sunday to side step the Saturday traffic.
The owners have over 10 years experience OBX vacationing and will pass on to renters, a listing of all pertinent information and local attractions to make your vacation to Utopia one that will provide your family the memories of a lifetime; many decide to make it a treasured tradition and return year after year. All of the niceties combined with the luxuries make this the top vacation home for you!
Lower level: contains a king master bedroom with whirlpool as well as a walk-in tile shower for two and a baby crib, a bedroom with a pyramid bed to sleep 3, a game room with pool table, shuffleboard, wet bar and a refrigerator, as well as a den with flat screen TV, gaming system, board games and leather furniture. There is also a laundry and a full hall bath on the lower level.
Mid level: features a king master bedroom with soaking tub, a king bedroom, a queen bedroom, a bedroom with two bunk beds, a bedroom with one bunk, two hall full baths, and covered deck on 3 sides accessible via sliding glass doors from non-bunk bedrooms. There are also 2 roll-away twin cots in case you need to move things around to suit your kids.
Top level: offers a king master bedroom with soaking tub, half bath off the theater, a large great room, a large dining area with seating for ten, a beautiful kitchen, and a theater room with leather reclining seating for nine.
Note that a four wheel drive vehicle is *highly recommended* to access this secluded vacation paradise.
All wheel drive vehicles (with high ground clearance and experienced driver) may be capable of navigating the soft sand and off road beach driving conditions.
Please inquire about 4 wheel drive vehicle rentals, if needed.
It is highly recommended that you plan your arrival during the daylight hours and as close to low tide as possible. Please check the local tide schedules.
LIKE us for additional photos and information: OBXUtopia
Feel free to e-mail with any questions or concerns you may have.
Book today and live like the 1% for 1 week!
The whole house! Access is by combination door lock so you have 24 hour check-in.
Hello and thanks for taking a look at our home! We have over 10 year’s experience choosing the Outer Banks for our personal yearly vacation retreat. We often arrived with a group of friends and a herd of kids, or our extended family for a reunion. It was and is always a vacation to remember. Over the years, we have compiled some of our favorite attractions and tips; as our (busy) guests, we will pass on our experience to save you so much planning time. What to bring, what is already at the house, where to go and what to do as well as what is not to miss while you are visiting Currituck County, NC.
It truly is steps over the dune to the waves any time of the day or evening… do you know about our ghost crabs? Great fun for kids with a flashlight! Does it seem like there is never enough time to sit down and play a board game anymore? We are more than ready for that vacation moment with the 20+ games and puzzles to entertain young and old alike. We also have a large paperback library for relaxing by the pool or sitting with your toes in the sand.
We know your stay at our beach house will be one you will want to repeat time and again. One week never seems like enough time, so take advantage of our discount offered for booking two consecutive weeks! We fell in love with Corolla over 14 years ago and now that the kids are grown and out of the house, those are memories and photographs that are just absolutely priceless.
Feel free to call or e-mail with any questions or concerns you may have. Book today and you’ll have your upcoming Carolina vacation on your mind!
Tom and Andrea,
Collin and Shelly
We are new owners of this property and have made many updates since September 2015: 9 new reclining leather seats for the theater room as well as upgraded surround sound, flooring on all 3 levels, new paint on the walls, tons of beachy decor and general updates all around. The close proximity to the beach is really something you will want. Spoil yourself!
- Well behaved dog for an additional fee
- Quiet family neighborhood
- PLEASE NOTE: We rent full weeks *only* Sunday 4pm to the following Sunday 10am
- Guests are required to sign our rental agreements upon booking.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT N.C.G.S 42A AND THE NC SECURITY DEPOSIT ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL. THE OWNERS WILL CONDUCT ALL ITS ACTIVITIES IN REGARD TO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT RESPECT TO THE RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND HANDICAP OR FAMILIAL STATUS OF THE GUEST OR ANY OTHER PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Shelly Black, Tom Harris and Andrea Harris (the “Owner”/”Manager”) are the property managers of https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13434880 which is available for weekly or seasonal rental. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which You (the “Lessee” / “Tenant”) will lease via AirBNB(the “Rental Agent”). Your signature on this agreement is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
Rental Agent accepts payment by e-check or credit card. Rental Agent accepts only US funds drawn on a US bank and only MasterCard, Visa and the Discover Card. All payments of all rents, taxes and fees are due 30 days prior to arrival. For reservations made less than 30 days before arrival, full payment is due within 24 hours of booking. Payments made within 30 days of your arrival must be by e-check or credit card. E-checks are not accepted within 14 days of arrival. Guests who did not provide an e-mail address at the time of booking should expect their Agreement to be sent by standard mail within 7 business days. The signed copy of the lease agreement and the 50% deposit must be returned within 7 days after receipt to maintain reservation of dates on our calendar. Please contact Owner via e-mail at (EMAIL HIDDEN) or call one of the numbers above if You need to discuss Your payment. Taxes are subject to change without notice.
DUE TO POSSIBLE CHANGES IN THE BEDDING, AMENITIES AND PRICING, PLEASE CHECK https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13434880 FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON THE RENTAL PROPERTY PRIOR TO SIGNING THE LEASE.
1. Rental Agent, as agent of the Owner, hereby rents to You and You hereby rent the Premises in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the time period during which You are entitled to use the Premises, check-in and check-out times, and payment of the rental amount and other fees. In the event that any term of this Agreement varies from any term set forth in the Agent’s rental brochure or web site (including, but not limited to, the rental amount), the term specified in this Agreement shall govern absent written confirmation of a change. The information set forth above is incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
2. IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES: (a) Rental Agent hereby discloses to You that Rental Agent is acting for and represents the Owner; (b) The Premises has a private well. Homes with private wells occasionally experience low pressure, salty, distasteful or discolored water. There may be an unpleasant odor of sulfur. Some guests choose to use bottled water for drinking purposes even though the water is potable. 4WD areas may have more prevalent water problems, even in homes with water filter systems; (c) Occasionally, some pools in Dare & Currituck Counties may experience a mild ground current. Generally, this is not caused by a pool defect or the household electrical system, but appears as a result of the earth’s own natural electrical current. Certain properties may be affected more than others and the current tends to be intermittent in nature. Please be advised, however, that this may affect the operation of pace makers and other similar devices; (d) Due to the possibility of accident or injury, Owner prohibits children from using hot tubs. Also, the chemicals used to keep hot tubs sanitary may cause fading in some swimsuits and some individuals may experience mild skin rashes. For your safety, chemical dispensers shall not be removed at anytime; (e) Agent does not have sufficient excess parking capacity to accommodate guests with non 4WD vehicles; (f) You must have 4 wheel drive transportation to access this property. (g) All vehicles must be parked in the driveway. (h): Private Pool; (i) Agent and Owner are not responsible for any personal items left on the Premises. (j) Our retrieval of rental items left at the house after check-out will be billed to You at a minimum cost of $15; (k) Internet service on the 4x4 area may be intermittent. Owner is not responsible for temporary outages and upon notification by You, will make all reasonable efforts to have Maintenance Agent reinstate or repair service (see section 9.). For the most current information you are directed to Rental Agent’s web site, https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13434880 or contact Owner directly. If You have questions or concerns related to occupancy, please contact Owner.
3. Check In: You agree that check-in time is no earlier than 4:00 PM (unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed to in writing) and Owners will use commercially reasonable efforts to have the Premises ready for Your occupancy at check-in time, but cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. Pool and hot tub service may be later than 4pm. In the event that you request an early check-in, and Owner can accommodate the request, You agree to pay a $110.00 early check-in fee plus tax. NO DOOR SECURITY CODE WILL BE GIVEN UNLESS ENTIRE BALANCE DUE IS PAID IN FULL AND LEASE AGREEMENT IS SIGNED. Upon arrival, You should inspect the property and notify the Owners immediately of any cleaning, safety, or maintenance issues.
4. Check Out: Check-out time is no later than 10:00 AM. Our inspection and cleaning crews depend upon your timely departure so they can prepare for the next scheduled tenants. Lessee is responsible for washing dishes, taking out trash and recycling (placing recyclable glass into a separate recycling container), emptying refrigerator, leaving the AC set on 78 degrees (or heat set on 55 degrees in cooler months), securing all doors and windows and leaving the house clean, damage-free and in good condition for the next renters. Any extra cleaning or excessive trash removal will be billed to tenant at a minimum fee of $50. Please ensure you’ve packed all your belongings before checking out, as we cannot be responsible for items left. A $15 COD fee will apply for any forgotten items that we are able to locate and that you request be returned to you following your tenancy. Call Owners for arrangements within 3 days after your departure, otherwise left items will be donated. In the event You return to the Premises without the consent of the Owner after checking out, a fee equal to the rental rate for one (1) day may be assessed to You.
5. Payment Due Dates. You shall pay the Initial Payment (one half of the total) to Rental Agent within two (2) days from the Lease Date, or the reservation will be automatically canceled without notice. You shall pay to Rental Agent the Final Payment on or before thirty (30) days prior to the Arrival Date. If the Final Payment is not received by Rental Agent on or before thirty (30) days prior to the Arrival Date, this Agreement is subject to immediate cancellation. In such event, Rental Agent will attempt to re-rent the property for the Term. Your right to receive a refund of the Initial Payment Due will be governed by information under paragraph concerning Cancellation/Breach of this Agreement.
6. Disbursement of Rent. You agree to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check that is returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or otherwise. You also authorize Owner to disburse, prior to Your occupancy of the Premises, any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Owner for the benefit of You, including, but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Rental Agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of Your tenancy. Taxes and Security Deposit, if applicable, shall not be disbursed from the trust account prior to termination of the tenancy or material breach of this Agreement by You, or except as a refund to You. Upon written request to Owner, You will be provided with an accounting of funds relating to this Agreement. In the event of a rental overpayment, Owner will send you a check for the overage amount together with a letter requesting that you promptly cash the check. In the event, however, that you do not cash the check within 90 days you agree to forfeit the funds and Owner agrees to donate the overage to a charitable organization of its choice.
7. Tax: North Carolina applies a 6.75% sales tax to lodging in the state. Additionally, an occupancy tax applies to vacation rentals in Currituck County at 6%. The tax table as of this printing is 12.75% for this property. Tax amounts are subject to change. Your rental balance will be adjusted at appropriate tax rate base on your check-in date if needed due to legislation changing taxes due.
8. Use and Tenant Duties. The use of the Premises is restricted to use by You and Your group (below the home’s occupancy rate), unless both parties agree in writing to daytime excess occupancy by a non-family group or for a special event. Owner considers You hosting a special event without Owner’s prior consent or knowledge a material breach of this Agreement. In that instance, You agree to immediately pay an amount equal to the Special Event Fee in liquidated damages. You should contact Owner directly for more information. Family groups are preferred, but other groups (over 25 years of age) may be considered with owners’ specific permission. All guest IDs must be furnished prior to occupancy. The term “group” as used herein means those vacationing at the Premises. Absolutely no house parties, beer kegs, fireworks of any kind, ATVs or RVs, nor illegal activities permitted on premises. Use Of the Premises by Fraternities, Sororities or Unrelated Groups Under 25 Years of Age Is Strictly Prohibited and Lessee agrees that, in the event Owner or Agent discovers same, that ANY AND ALL FUNDS COLLECTED AS RENT will be considered LIQUIDATED DAMAGES to cover losses, expenses and damages of the Owner and Agent for Lessee taking the premises off the market. Occupancy shall not exceed the maximum number allowable by law. Please contact Owners directly for further information. You agree to comply with all obligations imposed on you by the Vacation Rental Act with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to, the following: (a) keep the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit, and cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that You use; (b) dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner; (c) keep all plumbing fixtures in the Premises or used by the Tenant as clean as their condition permits; (d) not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, or remove any part of the Premises or render inoperable the smoke detector or pool alarm, if applicable, provided by the Owner, or knowingly permit any person to do so; (e) comply with all obligations imposed upon the Tenant by current applicable building and housing codes; (f) be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any property inside the Premises that is in Your control unless the damage, defacement, or removal was due to ordinary wear and tear, acts of the Owner or Owner’s agent, defective products supplied or repairs authorized by the Owner, acts of third parties not invitees of the Tenant, or natural forces; and (g) Respect owner’s locked closet; these are not included in your rental of the property. (h) notify Owner of the need of replacement of and/or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries, as well as any safety issues, as needed during the tenancy. You agree not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any law or governmental regulation and may use the Premises for residential purposes only. (i) There will be no rebates given for inoperable appliances or faulty equipment, unfavorable weather, early departure, interruptions of utilities, construction in the area normaintanence problems. (j) Tenant agrees that in the event of dissatisfaction of any kind, tenant will not seek a credit card credit via his credit card provider. (k) Tenants are not permitted to move furniture within the unit nor burn candles. Your breach of any duty contained in this paragraph after commencement of tenancy shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Your tenancy with NO REFUND OF RENT. FIREWORKS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
9. Duties. Owner agrees to provide the Premises to You in a fit and habitable condition. If, at the time of occupancy, Owner cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or reasonably cure same or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, then Rental Agent shall refund to You all payments made by You. In the case of a cure wherein the Premises sustains a failure of a system or amenity, (at the time of or during the tenancy) including, but not limited to, water, sewer, septic, heating, electrical, mechanical, ventilating, structural systems, pool, hot tub, whirlpool tub, entertainment equipment, Internet or Internet access or other facilities or major appliances, Maintenance Agent shall promptly repair in a commercially reasonable manner and time such system or amenity upon receipt of notification from You that repairs are needed. You agree to permit Maintenance Agent or its service staff to have reasonable access to the Premises to inspect and make such repair in a commercially reasonable manner and time. Neither Owner nor Rental Agent shall be liable to You for damages and no refunds will be given for such temporary failure, provided the Maintenance Agent or Owner is causing the system or amenity to be repaired in a commercially reasonable manner after having received written notification from You that repairs are needed. Tenant has obligation to notify Owner immediately of any safety issues discovered.
10. Acts of God/Construction Noise. Neither Owner nor Agents shall be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Your scheduled occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, terrorism, war, inclement weather, including flooding and construction noise from nearby sites. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
11. Cancellation/Breach. In the event of: (i) Your cancellation of this Agreement or (ii) a material breach of any provision of this Agreement by You, including, but not limited to, Your failure to remit the Final Balance Due, You shall receive a refund of all payments made by You (less a cancellation fee of $200.00 and Travel Insurance cost) but only if the Premises is re-rented on the terms set forth herein (refund issued by original payment method). (In such an event, Owner may, in its sole and absolute discretion, reduce the rental amount without notice. In this case, the guest canceling their reservation is financially responsible for this reduction and their refund will be reduced by the affect of such reduction.) If the Premises is not re-rented, Owner shall seek an amount sufficient to defray the actual damages suffered (i.e. Owner may, in its sole and absolute discretion, pursue to the fullest extent of the law the original balance owed) as a result of the cancellation or material breach. Whether or not the Premises are re-rented, You shall be responsible for seeking reimbursement of any fees paid by You to Rental Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by Owner from third parties for the benefit of You that may have been paid out prior to Your cancellation. If you had purchased trip cancellation insurance, please refer to your policy for instructions on recovering your loss due to cancellation.
12. Transfer of Premises. (a) In the event that the ownership of the Premises is voluntarily transferred prior to Your occupancy, You have the right to enforce this Agreement against the new owner of the Premises if Your occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the transfer of ownership is recorded. If Your occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, You have no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the new owner agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the new owner does not honor this Agreement, You are entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). If your rights are otherwise affected under the Act, Agent agrees to notify you accordingly and conduct itself in accordance with the terms and conditions as set forth in the Act.
13. Travel Insurance.You may elect to purchase separate vacation rental insurance: More information can be viewed at Vacation (EMAIL HIDDEN) There are plans that include coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption and travel delay, emergency medical expenses, baggage delay and loss, rental car damage coverage, as well as access to emergency assistance services. Insurance coverage is subject to limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions. This Agreement is not intended to serve as a substitute for the policy or to define any of the policy terms or provisions. All questions concerning coverage or claims should be directed to the travel insurance company. If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, You shall comply with the order and you may be entitled to compensation from the travel insurance company. You will not be eligible for compensation if you do not purchase travel insurance prior to your trip. Travel Insurance is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. See N.C.G.S. 42A-36 for your rights regarding mandatory evacuation.
Be sure to read, understand, and agree to our Cancellation Policy.
IF YOU DECLINE TRAVEL INSURANCE YOU WILL *NOT* BE COVERED IN CASE OF A MANDATORY EVACUATION N.C.G.S. 42A-36.
14. Expedited Eviction. A material breach of this Agreement by You, which, in the sole determination of the Owner or Agent, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to You or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Your tenancy. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. You may be evicted under such procedures if You: (i) hold over in possession after Your tenancy has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Your tenancy; (iii) fail to pay rent as required by this Agreement, or (iv) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
15. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. You agree to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Agents for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Your use and occupancy of the Premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, damage or theft of property or theft of property or infringement of intellectual property rights (e.g., illegally downloading video, audio or text files via any internet service located at the Premises) which is caused, made, incurred or sustained by You as a result of any cause, unless caused by the grossly negligent or willful act of Agents or the Owner, or the failure of Agent or the Owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Neither Agent or Owner are providing any other warranty of any kind, except as otherwise expressly provided herein, whether written or oral, statutory or contractual, express or implied, including, without limitation, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, which are hereby expressly excluded. The terms “Agent” and “Owner” as used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms “Tenant,” “You,” and “Your” as used in this Agreement shall include Tenant’s heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the Premises during Your occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be upon the Premises), where the context requires or permits.
16. Right of Entry. You agree that Maintenance Agent may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Maintenance Agent may deem appropriate, or to show Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants.
17. Assignment. You shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Owner.
18. Pets. House-broken dogs are permitted for an additional fee of $100 per dog. To avoid eviction, please declare all pets. You must obey local leash laws. You agree to be immediately responsible for any damages caused by Your pet(s). Please clean up surrounding property before check-out and be sure to clean up behind your pet. Pets are NOT permitted in the pool, whirlpool tub, or hot tub. Violation of this policy will result in your eviction plus a charge to you resulting from any repair needed. This home is not guaranteed to be hypoallergenic.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests allowed at this property is nineteen (19) persons. A penalty of $100.00 per person per night for guests exceeding this limit will be assessed in addition to possible eviction from the property. Smoking inside the house and in the pool area is strictly prohibited. Please respect this request to avoid compromising your vacation and subjecting yourself to a $250 smoking penalty. Your rental kitchen includes an electric coffee pot, microwave, dishwasher and toaster. TVs, vacuum, stereo, washer/dryer, central air/heat, cable hookup, and a landline phone are also available. All beds will have mattress pads, bedspreads, and pillows. Linen rental is included in weekly rental fees. At check-in, beds will be freshly made with sheets and pillowcase. Towels and washcloths for each guest will be provided; these are not to be brought to the beach. You must provide your own beach towels. Paper products and cleaning supplies are not provided and should be brought by tenant. A housekeeping service clean is completed prior to your Check-in. For your protection, the rental home is provided with at least one smoke detector. Our inspectors check operation on a routine basis; however, it is the renters’ responsibility to check the smoke detector(s) upon arrival and to advise the Owner if there are any operational issues. The water may intermittently be discolored, salty, or distasteful. There is a water filtration system installed in the kitchen, although you may prefer to buy bottled water.
20. Phone: A landline is provided. International calling is blocked.
21. Grilling: Grilling is only allowed. Do not attempt to use moveable outdoor grills on any other decks or porches except the ground level as you are responsible for any damages. Please be sure to clean the grill before you leave so the next guest finds it in a condition that’s ready for use.
22. TV/DVD players: There is no guarantee for the TV sets nor cable reception and no rebates will be given for malfunction. Additionally, there will be no rebate for faulty DVD etc. equipment, nor internet access.
23. Pool and Hot tub: Pool opening/closing schedules are subject to change without notice or refund. Agent and owner are released from all liability for any injuries or death resulting from tenant or his guests’ use of the pool. Owner provides pool and hot tub maintenance through a third party, and they may not be ready at the time of your check in. Please be patient. Owner does not have or assume any responsibility for supervising the existence, frequency, or adequacy of pool/hot tub maintenance. Inadequately maintained hot tubs and pool can cause viral or bacterial illness that could be life threatening under various circumstances. Owner does not inspect or test the pool and hot tub for the presence of health threatening organisms. When tenants and guests use a pool or hot tub, they assume the risk of illness from an improperly maintained pool or hot tub, and you release agent from any liability or injury or damages resulting from the use of an improperly or inadequately maintained pool or hot tub. No alcohol, pets, nor urinating in pools or hot tubs. All entry to pool shall be from the ground floor level.
Diving into the pool is prohibited. Children under 12 are NOT permitted in hot tubs. Proper supervision is required. The pool and hot tub may not be available to you until late afternoon on check-in day due to servicing schedules.
24. LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES AND INDEMNITY: In the event the owner is unable to deliver said property to Tenant under this lease agreement because of fire, damages, eminent domain or if the property is unavailable because of delay in construction, the unit is sold and is no longer renting, or because of lack of water or sewer, or otherwise unfit or uninhabitable, or for any other reason whatsoever, excluding those events that would otherwise be covered through trip insurance policy agent makes available. Tenant hereby agress that Owner sole liability as a result of any of these conditions is the full refund of all considerations previously tendered by Tenant pursuant to the terms of this lease and Tenant expressly acknowledges that in no event shall owner be liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to any expenses incurred as a result of moving, for any damage, destructions or loss. Tenant will not be refunded by Agent or Owner for Mandatory Evacuations. Tenant also agrees that in the case of a double booking or occupancy by owner, Tenant will be entitled to a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Tenant. The Tenant, their family members, guests and all the occupants of the vacation home agree to release and indemnify the Owner and Agent from and against all claims for damages and/or personal injuries to any person arising out of the use of subject premises including interior and all exterior areas, including decks, stairs and other common areas that occurred during the tenancy of the premises. These claims include those that allegedly may fall under the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant also agrees to defend Owner and his Agents from any laws alleging damages and/or personal injury that occurred during the Tenant’s rental of the property. Tenants shall not be entitled to any refund due to unfavorable weather, maintenance problems, area construction, noise, early departure, or disruption of utility services (including cable) after occupancy. Tenant agrees to be responsible for any repairs necessary due to their negligence. Maintenance Agent reserves the right to enter and inspect premises with a reasonable notice to Tenant. Tenant agrees to hold Owner harmless for any liability in event of foreclosure of subject property. In the event of an ordered evacuation due to hurricanes or other storms, tenant is required by state law to evacuate property. Tenant agrees to vacate and secure property within 4 hours of the start of the mandatory evacuation order. Refunds for the period of mandatory evacuation will be made only by the pre-purchased optional trip cancellation insurance. If tenant has refused trip cancellation insurance, tenant shall not be entitled to any refund. Contact insurance policy company directly for refund procedure.
25. Miscellaneous: This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other representations, inducements, or other provisions other than those expressed here in writing. All changes, additions, or deletion hereto, must be made in writing and signed by all parties. For all purposes hereunder, facsimile or electronic signatures shall be deemed to be originals and such signatures shall be given the same effect as would an original signature.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this agreement is executed in two counterparts with an executed counterpart being retained by each party hereto. NOTICE: This is a legally binding contract. If not understood, seek competent advice. Subject property may be owned by a North Carolina Real Estate Licensee. Tenant understands that in all negotiations regarding subject property, the agent will be representing the best interest of the owner and subject property.
a. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of North Carolina.
b. This agreement shall be treated as though it were executed in the County of Currituck, State of North Carolina, and were to have been performed in the County of Currituck, State of North Carolina. Any action relating to this agreement shall only be instituted and prosecuted in courts in North Carolina. Customer/Tenant specifically consents to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
_____ By initialing on this line, THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING THE CANCELLATION POLICY IN PARAGRAPH 11. I acknowledge and accept the rules set forth within this agreement, including whether trip insurance coverage is in force or declined (as stated above). I also understand that I am responsible for the actions of all guests at the rental property during my rental stay.
To signify your acceptance of this agreement, sign your name below. .
X ___________________________________(URL HIDDEN)Guest Signatur(URL HIDDEN) Date
X ___________________________________(URL HIDDEN)Owner Signatur(URL HIDDEN)Date