• Modern & elegant on Chueca/Justicia's trendiest/most elegant street, heart of Madrid
• Perfect Location. 3 min-Gran Via, 5 min-airport bus/metro, 10 min-Prado, Retiro, Sol, 15 min-Plaza Mayor, Atocha, 20 min-Royal Palace
• BR #1: En-suite bath
• BR #2: spacious w/wall of mirrors
• BR #3 w/cool loft bed
• Sleeps 8/9 w/add'l airbeds
• Luxurious linens and bath sheets/towels
• Stunning kitchen, Spacious/comfortable great room
• Elevator, wifi, washer/dryer; Burglar alarm sensors
The best thing about our apartment (besides it's beautiful, comfortable & spacious interior) is the location: our street is the border of Chueca, so it's a little quieter (yet just steps away from all the fun), and it's on the classiest street in Justicia (new apartments on our street are selling for upwards of €3 million). The kitchen is magazine-worthy, and the decor is simple and elegant, filled with artifacts from our international travels as professional performers.
You'll have full access to the apartment, and we will do our best to make your time in Madrid the best possible.
We are always reachable via phone, messaging apps, sms and email. We are proud to have been SuperHosts our entire time with Airbnb, and hope you'll give us the chance to show you why.
Keep in mind that, on top of the Spanish people's general love of partying and celebrating every day, our neighborhood is one of the most popular districts for barhopping and carousing, so it can be active all hours of the day and night (Although we *are* surprised at how many of our guests remark on how quiet the apartment is). If you love the hustle and bustle of city life mixed with the comfort and amenities of a home designed to make you feel welcome and pampered, you'll love it here! We *do* have to mention the three steps up to the elevator, but other than that (and the one loft bed), there's no climbing involved :-)
• Check-in 3PM-12AM (midnight); Check-out time is 11 AM
• You agree to water our two olive trees and four plants :-)
• No smoking
• No parties or events
• Not suitable for pets
• No groups of young people (under 30) coming to Madrid to party
Thank you for treating our home as gently and carefully as we would treat your home if we were your guests. And Thank You for choosing our home for your time here in Madrid—Bill and Ricardo
Ricardo and I live in Chueca, right in the center of Madrid. I'm an expat American (originally from Indiana but lived in NYC/Hell's Kitchen for 16 years) and Ricardo hails from Granada. We met online, and I moved here to marry him in 2011 (Valentine's Day is our anniversary).
We are both performers: Ricardo is a National Cultural Treasure of Spain in flamenco (a dancer), and I am a pop/dance music recording artist and entertainer. We both love: theme parks and roller coasters; "Survivor", "Amazing Race" and "RuPaul's Drag Race"; shopping at Costco (Yes, we finally have one here in Madrid!); and enjoying the balance of life and pleasure here in Spain. We especially love our home, and can't imagine living anywhere else in Madrid.
We also love sharing our home, and while we certainly respect the privacy of our guests, we're also happy to share tips about our favorite things to do and see while in Madrid.
We love living in "the world's largest gay neighborhood" (although it's a very blended community), and are equally happy that we live on one of the quieter, more elegant streets in our "barrio"; it's nice to be only a few steps away from the heart of the action and yet able to get away from it a bit. We are equidistant from two different subway lines (Chueca and Banco de Espana); a block from the mid-distance train station (Cercanias-Recoletos) which is only one stop away from Atocha Station; only about five minutes from the 24-hour airport bus, and an easy walk from literally everything you'd want to see in the center of Madrid:
- 2/5 minutes from Gran Via & all the Chueca bars, saunas, and plazas
- 10 minutes from Puerta del Sol
- 12-15 minutes from the Prado and Plaza Mayor
- 20 minutes to the royal palace and the royal opera house
- BEST OF ALL: you're only a short elevator ride away from one of the best pastry shops in Madrid, just downstairs!