The Captain's Suite is within a former whaling captain's home known as The Castle at Sea. This gracious historic 1768 home is in Nantucket's Historic District. The home is walking distance to all that town has to offer: fine dining, museums, shopping, theaters, and movies. It is also walking distance to several beaches, and to a lovely beach side park with a playground. While easily walkable to the island's ferries, many visitors find it easier to take a cab since they travel with luggage.
The suite is accessed via it's own staircase and has two bedrooms, each with a flat screen TV. There is a private bathroom (with tub/shower) within the suite, A/C, and a coffee bar with a Keurig coffee pot, microwave, and under the counter refrigerator. Suite guests have use of the furnished blue stone patio in the professionally landscaped and very private yard.
The suite comfortably sleeps four people:
Bedroom #1 two single beds . Bedroom #2 a full size bed
Guests are provided with house keys and can come and go on their own schedule. Keys are provided at the time of check-in. Guests have use of the bluestone patio which is situated in the private and professionally landscaped backyard. The suite is accessed by a private staircase which is for the sole use of the suite guests.
The host is available throughout the guest stay. While the host is not always at the house, guests are provided with the host cell phone number.
The suite is accessed via the house's second staircase. Therefore, it is not appropriate for anyone who is not comfortable with stairs. It is an open stairwell from the top and the suite is therefore not appropriate for very small children. As well, the suite's clawfoot tub/shower is deeper than today's tubs and makes for a wonderful soaking tub...or shower. However, stepping into the deeper tub would not be appropriate for a person with a physical limitation. The bathroom entry is from a short hall directly off bedroom #2.
- Check in 3-6 pm - exact time of check-in to be arranged with the host
- Check out by 10:30 am
- It is the responsibility of the guest to communicate with the host, minimally 7 days prior to check in, regarding the actual time of anticipated arrival at the house during the 3-6 pm check in time. The host is often out and about, and will plan your arrival day to meet you at the house at the arranged time. Please be sure to make that arrangement! We would not want you to arrive to the house and to find that no one is home!!! It will be our pleasure to meet and to greet you! Keys will be provided at the time of check-in.
- The use of the property is solely for our house guests.
- This is a non-smoking property, both inside and outside.
- We regret that this suite is not appropriate for people with a handicap that prevents safe climbing of the stairs to the suite. The suite is on the second floor. The door to the private suite staircase closes behind you in the kitchen, and you ascend to the second floor suite. As well, the wonder claw foot tub (with shower) has high sides that might be difficult for some.
- 5 Airbnb "verifications" requested
- Any guest who arrives to the house/suite intoxicated on alcohol, 'high' on abused prescription or non-prescription drugs, or any guest who has a fire arm (s), or other weapon (s), or is threatening to the host will have their lease immediately terminated and will be immediately evicted. Host will call 911 and eviction and lease termination will immediately take place for any of the above situations. Guest will have all belongings removed from the premises and guest will not be allowed to return to the property, inside or outside. Airbnb will be notified by the host. Reservation will be terminated effective of the 911 call to the police.
- Permission needed from host for children younger than 7 years of age
- We request that you please keep the garden gate latched at all times. Friendly dog often off leash in the gated yard.
- FYI: If you will be bringing or renting a car while you are on Nantucket, please contact the Nantucket Police Department ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) to learn how to obtain a Temporary Street Parking Permit. This should be done well in advance of arrival. The house only has one off street parking place which is used by the host.
- This house was built in 1768. Therefore, building codes, as we know them today, did not exist at that time. Stairs may be a bit irregular and staircases narrow, some doorways lower in height, etc.
***Violation of house rules may lead to immediate eviction and nullification of the lease.