This is a cute little downstairs flat with a private entrance. We are super close to the airport, public transportation and bike lanes. Free parking.
We offer a clean, private one-bedroom with a queen bed, and a futon in the living room that can be folded out.
Our home is enthusiastically LGBTQ+ friendly, and we strive to provide a safe, welcoming space to all.
We do have a little dog who barks when people enter the house, but he's friendly.
The space is a basement apartment below my house. There is not a ton of natural light in the living room, but I've provided a bunch of lamps and lighting options for that room, and it's bright and comfortable.
The bedroom gets very nice light, there's a comfortable bed and large closet, and a large window with a little bird feeder on it.
The kitchenette is cozy and cute, with butcher-block countertop and a full sink. There's a high-quality toaster oven and hotplate, and a mini-fridge.
The bathroom has a shower (no tub) and nice towels.
You will have your own private entrance, around the back of the house. You can come and go as you please, there is a key-coded lock on the door.
I am very available to chat and help, whenever I am home!
I do have a little dog who tends to bark when people enter or exit the house, but it's not intolerable, and he does quiet down. You will likely not have any interaction with him - he stays in my house, upstairs - but this apartment would probably not be a good choice for someone who is afraid of dogs.
- Most importantly, please be considerate of my neighbors. **Please drive slowly and carefully on my street, because a lot of young children play there, and they can be unpredictable. ** Please keep outside noise to a minimum, and if you see a neighbor, be friendly! Keeping a good relationship with my neighbors is very important to me.
- Please park in the driveway, and try to leave space available for another car to park there as well.
- Please enter and exit only by the back door, which is the private entrance to your space. I will send you the key code before you arrive.
- No smoking of tobacco in the apartment or on the premises. Sorry, this also means no smoking in the yard or the driveway - nowhere at all on the property. If you're an occasional smoker, you can take a little walk around the neighborhood. This apartment is not a good choice for a more regular smoker.
- The person renting the unit must be one of the people staying in the apartment.
- Please try not to leave food out in the kitchen, because all of Portland has a little bit of a sugar ant problem. I haven't seen any in the house, and I want to keep them away!
- Since Portland is a place where recreational marijuana is legal, some guests come here to enjoy that. It's okay with me if you carefully smoke a small amount of marijuana here - just go out in the backyard, and be considerate of my neighbors. Absolutely no "dabbing" or use of tobacco anywhere on the property is allowed here, and no smoking of anything is allowed inside.
- Please don't use air fresheners downstairs. I've left some febreze down there, if you need to use it, and personal toiletries and perfumes are okay, but after a strange incident with a guest's exploding Axe Body Spray, I ask that you not use your own personal air fresheners down there.
Hello! I'm Jenny, a physical therapist living in Portland, Oregon. I've lived all over the world, and love hosting travelers from everywhere.
As a host, I like to make people feel as comfortable as possible - whether that means telling you all about Portland's amazing food and hiking, or leaving you alone to rest and do your own thing.
I really enjoy living in Portland, and I love helping to share this great city with visitors!