In the countryside, just 5 minutes to Fuzeta, Olhao ans Moncarapacho, 10 minutes to beautiful beaches and 30 minutes from Faro airport. In the middle of a beautiful property (1,5ha) full of orange trees, olive trees, vines and flowers, Cabana Branca has 5 double rooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 roof terraces, a patio and a gorgeous pool. The former ancient quinta has been fully renovated with style by the owners ( mix of portuguese spirit and industrial chic atmosphere).
Welcome to Cabana Branca, an authentic Portuguese house in the Eastern Algarve that is available to rent to like minded souls. The old family house has been totally renovated by the owners inspired by the charm and the atmosphere of an ancient quinta. All together ancient tiles, old chairs, modern furniture, white walls and cement brut contribute to give the house a unique style. This is a slice of paradise, amongst orange trees, olive trees and vines, where you can relax, unwind and get away from it all.
The basics: it’s a house with five double bedrooms, three bathroom, two roof terraces (one huge and the other smaller), spacious open plan kitchen, big living room and a beautiful pool surrounded by a gorgeous garden.
It’s up a dusty track, in Quatrim Do Norte, halfway between Olhão and Fuzeta, in the Eastern Algarve.
Cabana Branca is in the Eastern Algarve, which is the most unspoiled side of the Algarve. In the countryside in the middle of some very friendly locals, 6km from the beach, 3km to nearest towns (Olhão, Fuzeta & Moncarapacho) and 10 minutes to Tavira. It previously belonged to the same Portuguese family for over 50 years.
Faro airport is just 20 minutes away. Access to A22 highway is 5 minutes and using the N125 which runs along the sea is a 6 minutes acess.
There are regular direct flights all year round from France, Holland and the UK to Faro (Easyjet, Transavia, Ryanair, TAP). If you can’t get a direct, it’s easy to go via Lisbon or Seville (with Air France ou Iberia, or British Airways). And it’s a 3 hour drive from Lisbon, or 2 hours from Seville.
On the spot, if necessary a Portuguese young woman who speaks fluent French, English (and Portuguese of course), takes care of everything necessary for the well being of the visitors: good addresses, But also technical problems, travel assistance, etc. A Portuguese gardener takes care of the garden and the maintenance of the swimming pool.
There are so many places we like around the Cabana Branca. Here are some places we like:
- Colibri simple food restaurant in Moncarapacho
- Casa Corvo, BBQed grilled fishes and crustacean on the port of Fuzeta
- Restaurant Capri in Fuzeta, where all the locals have diner
- Restaurant Crispim, to have shells or fish amongst portuguese families
- Zeca de Bica and Doca das Marias in Tavira, for authentic Portuguese atmosphere and food
- Noelhia y Jeronimo in Cabanas de Tavira (we don't like too much the village but the food in this restaurant is gorgeous, modern Portuguese with style and simplicity)
- Cha com Agua Salgada (in Manta Rota), modern Portuguese food, so good in a place designed by an architect who is also the cook.
- Bar 7imeio in Olhao with original cocktails and nice tapas
- Restaurants Lagar Mar for the grilled fish and the pudding of uovo
- Cantaloupe jazz bar at the Market in Olhao
The closest supermarket to Cabana Branca is in Moncarapacho. There are several small nice bars and traditional restaurants in Moncarapacho or on the small fishing port of Fuseta.
There is a nice market every day in Olhao and Fuseta (except Sundays). The beautiful beaches of Praia Barril, Ilha de Tavira or Manta Rota are just a short drive away. The rental of a beautiful villa for holidays in the East Algarve, in this part between Tavira, Olhao, Faro and Fuseta is a real pleasure both in summer and winter.
No pets (sorry, we like them, bu not i the house). No crazy parties. Be cool and relaxed. no rough guys. Friendly with Portuguese people and curious.