Are you looking for a central London apartment that's as luxurious and stylish as London's best 5* hotels, but with more space, better facilities and a great neighbourhood location? 2 double bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, 1000 sq feet & roof terrace
PLEASE NOTE: in this listing we cannot accept reservations from guests with children in their party under 18 years old. (Guests with children over 12 yrs should see our other listing for Marylebone Luxury Maisonette1, described below).
This is one of our 2 (almost identical) maisonette apartments within the same building, both available on airbnb. Our other 5* listing (Marylebone Luxury Maisonette1, within the same townhouse as this apartment) can be found at https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16785101
This luxury Grade II-listed, 2 bedroom apartment in Marylebone is arranged over the first and second floors of a Georgian townhouse, and is a perfect choice for those looking for a convenient, elegant and contemporary home-from-home from which to explore central London for work or play. The apartment is a classic example of traditional Georgian architecture in London, dating from the 1820s.
Please enquire about availability before booking.
Brilliantly situated in central London, just 5 minutes walk from Marylebone underground/rail station (Zone 1, Bakerloo Line) and 8 minutes walk away from Baker Street tube (Zone 1), the highlights of our neighbourhood include:
- walking to the bars, restaurants and amenities of village-like Crawford Street in Marylebone, or reach the wonderful shops/markets/restaurants/bars of Marylebone High street in 15 minutes walk
- easy access into the West End (10 mins by tube to Piccadilly Circus)
- Madame Tussauds and the Sherlock Holmes Museum are just 10 mins walk away
- you have one of the the world's best parks, Regents Park, on your doorstep (12 mins walking or 5 mins jogging) with its lake, boats, rose garden, cafes, tennis courts and outdoor theatre (in season)
- the shops/restaurants of St Johns Wood and Maida Vale are close by
- word famous Lords Cricket ground is just 8 mins walk away, perfect for cricket lovers!
- London's best and most famous gourmet fish and chip shop/restaurant (The Seashell) is just down the street 3 mins walk away!
- just 1 min round the corner is some of the best antiques shopping in London on Church Street, including the famous Alfie's antiques market with rooftop cafe
- we have a Tesco local supermarket 3 mins walk away
- there is a yoga centre (Indaba) 3 mins walk away, which comes recommended for those inclined!
- airbnb has put together a great guide to the Marylebone neighbourhood at https://www.airbnb.co.uk/locations/london/marylebone
Arranged over the first and second floors of a Georgian townhouse, this spacious apartment has its own front door so it feels like you have your very own Georgian house to yourself.
Built in 1820 and recently renovated and entirely refurbished (by us), this flat combines Georgian architectural elegance (high ceilings, large windows and great room proportions), with contemporary style and mod cons for maximum convenience and comfort.
1000 square feet of accommodation comprises:
- own front door set back from the street and stairs up to…
- open-plan living/kitchen area
- bathroom with walk-in luxury shower and separate luxury bathtub
- small, peaceful roof terrace area with table and chairs and landscaped garden (inc fresh herbs)
- stairs up to...
- master bedroom with super king sleigh bed and one of the most comfortable mattresses ever manufactured (we looked for years)
- second double bedroom with king size bed and luxury mattress
In addition, the flat features:
- outside roof terrace area with table and chairs and landscaped garden (inc fresh herbs in season)
- 60" home-cinema plasma TV, wall mounted to swivel in all directions
- Blu-Ray DVD, Sky and Apple TV (inc Netflix) with surround sound speakers
- fibre-optic wireless broadband internet with high speeds
- working wood-burning stove (see pictures) to get cosy on those chill London evenings (amazing and unique for London)
- gas range cooker and great equipment for cooks (James loves to cook!)
- Italian marble kitchen countertops
- top-loading 2 drawer dishwasher
- utility area with 8kg washing machine and separate dryer
- superking double bed in master bedroom with luxury mattresses in both bedrooms for a great night's sleep
- reclaimed solid teak furniture throughout
- large fridge
- oak wood floors on first floor and carpet upstairs
- dimmable spot lighting throughout
- bed linen and towels
- a hairdryer!
- check in 3pm, check out 11am (if you need to drop luggage please do ask and we'll try to accommodate when/if possible)
- no reservations from guests with children aged under 18 yrs in their party
- max 4 guests, sleeping in the 2 beds (superking & king)
- no guests to sleep on the sofa
- no smoking in the property
- shutters on first floor front windows to be kept angles to 45 degrees max at all times for security, and closed at night
- marble kitchen countertops should be wiped carefully after use to avoid marks/stains
- all windows to be closed and locked when the property is left empty
- any spillages on carpet or furniture should be dealt with immediately to avoid staining
- maximum of 4 people on the roof terrace at any time
- lost keys will incur a charge for replacement locks
- wood burning stove to be closed when unattended
- a maximum of 6 people in the property for entertaining (inc guests), unless cleared by prior arrangement
- no music playing after 10pm for the sake of our neighbours
- please read the welcome pack carefully on arrival
I'm a screenwriter and company director and my wife Kate, originally from California and NY in the States, is a yoga teacher.
We love our two apartments listed here on Airbnb and have taken over three years of renovations to lovingly restore these two lovely Grade II-listed Georgian apartments within one townhouse to their full glory. Our style is a kind of modern English country house chic.
We love anything in or on or near the ocean; yoga, cooking and sharing with friends, travelling (our favourite country to travel in is Italy!), books, movies, theatre and living in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world.
Come and share the experience! It's awesome.