STAMPEDE booking INCLUDES: airport pickup and drop-off, and transportation to and from Stampede Grounds, continental breakfast. Our South Room has the prettiest view with a large window overlooking the city. Walk/run along the nearby Bow River.
Hello! We're Lyl and Joe. We are determined to make your stay a happy one. When we moved here to be closer to our family we discovered, while looking for a place to live, that finding a great place to stay in Calgary for less than $150 or $200 a night, and still be close to downtown, was a challenge.
That's how we decided to offer hospitality to newcomers and visitors to Calgary who, like us, want a really nice place, with a very good bed and great sheets, quiet surroundings, Internet, a fridge and microwave, because you'll eat out, and a key to your room so you can leave your things and know they’ll still be there when you get back.
Apple Treehouse was built in the 1970's and recently completely renovated: new electrical and plumbing, new fixtures, bathrooms and kitchen, new floors and doors. As well, for the health and wellbeing of our guests we have installed a complete fitness centre available for use by our guests 24/7.
We decided to offer the feel and and quality of a high-end Bed and Breakfast without the high prices that go hand in hand. To that end we offer the lovely rooms and high quality beds and linens you've come to expect but leave you to choose breakfast from the many restaurants available nearby. We do, however, send you off with your morning coffee or tea and muffins or croissants first.
Apple Treehouse is high on a hill overlooking city hall: just 6 minutes east of the downtown core by car or 12 minutes by C-train (4 stations) with only 3 short blocks (less than 10 minute walk) to the C-train station or take the bus (40 steps outside the front door); and last but not least it's only a 15 minute drive to the Airport. All these times are GPS confirmed.
Apple Treehouse is just 10 minutes by car to Chinook Shopping Centre (SW); and to the two other main shopping districts by the same amount of time - Sunridge (NE) and Heritage Gate. (SE). The Cross Iron Discount Mall is 20 minutes to the north. Nearby there are many restaurants from famous to ethnic, and lots of choices for take-out or delivery . It is a quiet neighbourhood with a spectacular view of the city immediately below. There is plentiful free street parking with no time limits.
For leisure time there is much to do as well: Located within 2 or so km. of the house are the Calgary Zoo, Bow Habitat Station (eco-park), Inglewood Bird Sactuary, Telus Spark (the new science centre), The Esker Foundation (non-profit contemporary art gallery), Opera in the Village, The Firefighters' Museum, and much more, historical, modern, or just plain fun.
West Room: 132 SQ Ft Luxury. Down Duvet , and Pillows, Queen bed, New superior mattress, Solid oak wood mated furniture. Lovely tastefully decorated lower level room.
North Room: 120 SQ FT Luxury. Down Duvet and Pillows, Double bed, New superior mattress, Modern black/white modern motif and wrought iron headboard. Charming and tastefully decorated second level sunny room. Single only.
South Room: 120 SQ FT Luxury. Down Duvet and Pillows, Queen bed, New superior mattress, Solid oak wood mated furniture with built-in desk. Beautifully decorated sunny southern second level room.
Minimum 3 nights. Maximum 14 nights.
ALL ROOMS HAVE:
In-House Fitness Centre with treadmill, elliptical, stairclimber, Bowflex Xtreme, and most importantly, a full body vibration machine (the benefits of which can be easily researched on You Tube)
High speed WiFi included,
Individual room key,
Individual fridge & microwave,
Desk & chair,
High quality mattress. (tempurpedic or pillow top)
High thread count cotton bed linens, large fluffy cotton towels.
Down duvet and pillows.
Hypoallergenic bedding upon request
Toiletries and more.
Access to laundry, iron and board (fee)
Common room with self-serve coffee/tea/biscuits 24/7, TV HBO and movies included.
Friendly home atmosphere; not suitable for children.
*Refundable Damage Deposit $150.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING! NO DRUGS! NO PETS!
We ask that during your stay you abide by the golden rule: Treat others with the same courtesy you would have them treat you.
Our kitchen is our haven. As we provide our guests with their own refrigerators and microwaves we ask to keep ours private as well.
We are a quiet, happy couple, quick to share our views if there is interest, but perfectly happy to give our guests all the space and privacy they require.
Airport pickups and deliveries are available by arrangement.
GOVT ISSUED PHOTO ID REQUIRED.
1. Lock all doors coming and going. No shoes in the house: slippers provided.
2. If returning after 10:00 p.m. please be very quiet entering and settling in consideration of other guests.
3. Continental Breakfast is served daily in the common room. Once finished please place all soiled dishes and cutlery in the white bins under the serving table.
4. Please empty the refillable coffee pods into the waste bin and place the pod along with soiled dishes in the white bins.
5. Please clean away crumbs and spots left by you at breakfast, on the placemats, breakfast table, chairs, serving table, and appliances.
6. Use of the bathrooms:
a) Please use the gel mat in the shower and bath mat on the floor. These belong back in your room to dry in the closet. Hang towels to dry on the hooks on the closet doors.
b) Please clean the tub and sinks after each use, including making sure no hair remains. Please check the mirrors for spots and flossing residue.
c) Please use disinfectant wipes on all surfaces, including faucets, sink, toilet seat and dispose of them in the trash bin UNDER the sink.
d) Please close the toilet lid.
e) Leave no personal items in the bathrooms.
7. Guests staying longer than 7 nights will be given fresh linens and towels weekly. Please leave soiled linens and towels on the floor to the right of the basement door.
8. Common areas are cleaned daily. Longer-term guests (ten days or more) are asked to maintain a clean room. Cleaning supplies and equipment are available. Please return these to the basement.
9. Wednesdays please deposit trash bags at the kitchen exit and pick up a new liner bag for your waste can.
10. Those guests who smoke, please do so only in the upper garden, away from windows and doors. Upon finishing please dispose of cold butts and ashes in the BLACK garbage bin on the other side of the back fence.
11. Drinking in moderation is allowed. Absolutely no drugs or pets! No visitors in the room.
12. At departure please leave bed linens on the bed for the exit inspection and keys visible in the room.
13. Those guests wishing to extend occupancy may do so 3 days prior to the end of their stay, payment in full or as agreed.
14. Most importantly, if you need something, or see something not up to your standards, please communicate the problem as soon as possible.
We are Lyl and Joe. We are well-traveled and tolerant of most everything except ideas of entitlement. We really like the feel of high quality sheets and so make sure that's what our guests enjoy too. A calm and visually serene environment is important. It is from within serenity that we prepare to greet each day's challenges and smooth away frustrations and disappointments.
Our life's motto has been: Help those around you achieve their goals and they will help you achieve your own.