Good Morning Ranch is a beautiful barn-style farmhouse that sits hilltop on 10 gorgeous acres only a few minutes from the town square with two rain-fed ponds and sweeping hill country views.
It has 3 bedrooms, a sun-and-sleeping porch, balcony, 2 shaded outdoor porches, wood-burning fireplace, fire pit, grill, 18 foot ceilings, all new stainless steel appliances, a custom built farm table, vintage decor, and lots of space to explore.
Good Morning Ranch sits hilltop on 10 gorgeous, rolling acres to explore with two rain-fed ponds and sweeping hill country views. Only 7 minutes from the Wimberley town square, it's close to everything yet still feels worlds away.
You'll leave paved roads behind you as you take a right down a private dirt road toward our beautiful barn-style farmhouse that has 18 foot ceilings with a wood-burning fireplace, all new stainless kitchen appliances including a double oven, a custom built farm table, cool vintage decor, large Boos butcher block island in the kitchen, cast iron for cooking, and games for kids and the family. We opted to forego TV and internet at Good Morning so our guests [and we] could really escape (although cell phone reception is strong, so you can still get your digital fix when you really need it). It's a big house but still feels very cozy.
And it's kid friendly!
Adventures are right outside… 10 acres to hike and explore; two ponds to chase frogs, skip rocks, and splash around in (Note: Ponds are NOT for swimming. Children MUST be supervised when near ponds); a large fire pit, outdoor games, grill, fruit trees, picnic tables and seating around the property to enjoy. At night you can light a fire and listen to coyotes and cicadas as you read a book, play cards, or gaze at the bright stars in the big Texas sky.
Our well is 43 STORIES deep, so even in the heat of a Texas summer you can still enjoy ice cold, fresh well water straight from the Glen Rose Aquifer. We provide two large troughs and one small one you can fill with well water for the kids to play in or grown-ups to soak and cool down in.
Good Morning is close to two of the country's best natural swimming holes: Blue Hole and Jacob's Well, as well as the area's best and most beautiful vineyards, rum distillery, brewery, restaurants, art galleries, 4th of July Rodeo, Market Days, live music, dancing, shopping, antiques, Cypress Creek, the Blanco River, and Texas' most charming town square.
((There are no fish in the ponds because they are rain-fed and may dry up once a year due to Texas heat and dry weather. This usually happens in August, if it happens at all. If the ponds being full is important to your trip, please feel free to check with us to make sure there's been enough rain lately to fill them. But I assure you this property is full of good times and adventures even in the short dry season!))
It can easily accommodate more than 8 guests if you count couches, cot, the day bed on the sun porch, and BYO air mattresses, etc. But we charge $25 per person per night over 5 people.
The bed count:
1 queen in master downstairs
1 twin in kids room downstairs
1 full upstairs in "bunk room"
2 twin bunk beds in "bunk room"
1 twin daybed on "sun porch" (We don't count this as a bed officially, but it's a great place to sleep. It'll just need to be made up with sheets before.)
You can enjoy every inch of Good Morning except the sheds and large, covered smoker. There is a smaller grill provided for guests to use.
Kids love Good Morning Ranch, but like any home - especially in the country with stairs, a balcony, critters, and water - please keep a close watch on little ones.
Speaking of hill country critters...
This probably goes without saying but this is Texas so you might come across one or two. If you do - although we've rarely ever seen anything besides tiny, harmless spiders and never anything dangerous - play it safe and STEER CLEAR unless you're a trained wildlife expert and can identify it without a shadow of doubt.
The most important heads-up for you is - pack easy on/off shoes like flip-flops or slippers to wear around the house and closed-toe shoes or boots to wear on hikes... especially if you're visiting after a lot of rain and sun when the grass may be higher.
- Only use wood provided for fireplace. BYO for outdoor fire pit.
- Please treat our home as you would your own.
- We're on a septic system, so flush toilet paper ONLY.
- Bookings require at least one adult over 25.
- No parties or events.
- The property is very private but sound travels in the valley, so please still be respectful of our neighbors after hours.
- If you must smoke, only smoke outside and take butts with you. We will charge an additional fee for cigarette butts left on the property.
- Kids love Good Morning Ranch, but like any home - especially in the country with stairs, a balcony, critters, and water - please keep a close watch on little ones.
- We are not responsible for ANY accidents, injuries, illness or personal property damage that occur to the Tenant and/or the Tenant's guests on our property and/or occupying the house.
-TRAMPOLINE NOT AVAILABLE FOR GUEST USE. OWNER USE ONLY.
-SWIMMING IN THE POND IS NOT ALLOWED. NO UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN NEAR WATER.
- ACCORDINGLY BY MAKING A RESERVATION FOR THIS HOUSE, THE TENANT AND THE TENANT'S GUESTS HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE US FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENTS, INJURIES, ILLNESS, AND/OR PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT OCCUR TO THE TENANT AND/OR THE TENANT'S GUESTS WHILE ON OUR PROPERTY AND/OR OCCUPYING OUR HOUSE.