Located on Fawn Lake in beautiful Port Sydney, Huntsville, this newly built cottage is the ideal spot for your vacation or getaway in the Muskokas. Located just two hours north of Toronto the vacation of your dreams is just up the road.
*NOTE ABOUT BEDDING & LINENS*
Linens services are an optional add on for all stays less then 1 week. We have pictured certain rooms in both formats to best reflect this option.
**NOTE ABOUT SUMMER 2017 AVAILABILITY**
Summer season rental info: Weekly rentals only commencing on Jun 24 - Sep 2nd
***Non Summer season rental info***
Weekday rentals are 3 days min/ Weekend rentals are 2 day min (optional early arrival or late check-out can be added to the stay). Stat and holiday weekends require 3 night stay.
The cottage features four bedrooms, two full baths, open concept modern kitchen, laundry facilities, satellite TV, internet, and can sleep up to twelve (8 twin beds & 2 queen beds). Perfect for two families.
The beach is located directly across the road from the cottage, with a kayak, a canoe and life jackets for your use.
Things to do:
WARM WEATHER ACTIVITES:
Spend some time down by the beach. The beach is located directly across the road from the cottage. Fawn Lake is one of the smaller lakes in the Muskokas and very shallow and great for children.
Kayaking. We have life jackets, two adult Kayaks available for you to use as well as three children Kayaks that can hold up to 150 pounds.
Enjoy some fishing – Fawn lake is known for small mouth bass, largemouth bass. Fawn Lake located right beside Buck Lake and is also fed by the Kashe River which trickles from the north not far from the Muskoka River.
Do some hiking/walking – find out more about it on the Ontario Trails Map web site.
Take a drive to Bracebridge (about 10 minutes away) to see some Waterfalls.
High Falls water park in Bracebridge
Visit Eagle Crest Ariel Park, where you can go for a night climb, zipline through the forest, monkey walks and more!
Boat around Fawn Lake – use the supplied canoe at the cottage or bring your own boat! There is a public launch just a few cottages down the street.
Go to the drive-in at the Muskoka Drive-in Theatre!
Eat a fantastic burger at Weber's “world famous” burgers (about a 25 minute drive from the cottage)
Go to the “Zoo” – Muskoka Wildlife Centre (only 10 minutes away!)
Take a boat cruise around one of the lakes – The Segwun (Gravenhurst), Lady Muskoka cruises (Bracebridge)
Go to “Santa’s Village” family entertainment park. Great stuff to do including a fairground with rides, go-kart's, batting cage, mini-golf, laser tag, and arcade.
Visit one of the farmer’s markets – the Gravenhurst market, the Bracebridge market or the Mariposa Market in Orillia
Enjoy some summer concerts at The Kee to Bala – a tradition since 1942
Do some golfing – Bracebridge Golf Club and Driving Range, Taboo resort, spa & golf, Muskoka Highlands, Horseshoe Valley Resort, Lake St. George Golf, Evergreen Golf Centre
And for those unfortunate RAINY DAYS:
Experience culinary theatre at Taboo Resort
Go to a spa – Taboo resort, spa & golf
Go to the movies at the Norwood Theatre, since 1926 or the
Go cottage-country shopping – Visit the Muskoka Store – open all year round and spread over 35,000 square feet and hosting everything you could ever need to remind you of your time in the Muskokas
Go see a movie for charity! Spinning Reels is a Bracebridge-based not-for-profit group bringing great movies to Muskoka. Their movies run on the second and fourth Monday of most months, September to May.
Take your family to the Old Station Restaurant in Bracebridge. One of the most beloved fixtures serving a wide range of food in a casual atmosphere.
COLD WEATHER ACTIVIES:
Cross Country Skiing (The Muskoka region has hundreds of kilometers of xcountry - nordic groomed trails)
Curling: South Muskoka Golf & Curling Club-Town of Bracebridge
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding: Hidden Valley Highlands in Town of Huntsville
Snowmobile: There are nearby provincials trails. You can bring your own sled or rent locally (Muskoka Motion in Town of Huntsville)
Snowtubing: Rock Ridge Winter Park-Town of Hunstville
1) Smoking: is NOT allowed inside the cottage. There is a $500 cleaning fee for smoking within the cottage.
2) Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. All damaged/non-functional property, furnishings, or items discovered upon arrival or that occurs during your stay must be reported to owners immediately. No indoor furnishings, appliances, or electronics should be moved/re-located during the stay.
3) Noise: Keep noise to a minimum at all times and respect neighbors; we are in a cottage community where others like to enjoy the peacefulness of the Muskoka region. Absolutely no outdoor noise after 11pm.
4) Only use appliances/recreational equipment for their intended uses.
5) Please inspect all water equipment before use. Use life jackets as required. Adult Supervision required at beach for young children. Use of water front and water equipment is at your own risk. No glass (bottles, containers, etc) or other breakable materials are permitted in the waterfront area.
6) Pets: are NOT allowed.
A) There is no daily housekeeping service (unless otherwise arranged at time of booking). Kitchen linens and bathroom hand towels are included in the unit. Bedding/bed linens/towels are not included in the unit.
B) There is a washer and dryer on site for you use. Detergent is supplied by the home owner. Only septic safe detergents are permitted.
C) Garbage/Recycling Collection: Garbage is to be black bagged and left in garbage bins located inside the garage. Recyclable items are to be clear bagged and left in the blue bins located inside the garage. Do not leave food or garbage outdoors as this will attract wildlife especially at night.
D) Before you leave
- have all dishes cleaned or in the dishwasher and turned on
- place all used mattress protector covers in the laundry hampers
- if you have not requested for excess cleaning services to come in after your stay (standard cleaning), please have the cottage in a similar condition as when you arrived. There are cleaning products in the mudroom as required.
8) Water and Septic: The cottage is on a well and septic system. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odour. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products/paper towel/Kleenex or anything other than toilet paper have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
10) Cancellation Policy: Bookings cancelled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100% refund. No refunds will be provided for bookings cancelled with less than 60 days notification. No refunds will be given for weather conditions or storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.