You will love Hale Mele Kai's fresh, light ambiance. It has been recently renovated and newly furnished. The main lanai has westward (sunset) park and ocean views. A black pebble beach and the King's Trail with spectacular views await you half a mile down the road. Your paradise retreat awaits, where often the only sounds heard are birds, the rustling of leaves in the warm breeze and the ocean’s soft chant. This home is good for couples, solo adventurers, and families (with older kids).
The living room opens to a large lanai with ocean views, and has a full-size pull-out sofa with a memory foam mattress. High speed, wireless internet and satellite/internet TV are provided, with 65 channels and the ability to connect to your Netflix or Hulu accounts and more. Sync your phone to a Bose SoundLink speaker and listen to your own playlists or stream from your favorite online music site.
The kitchen is fully equipped for dining, cooking and baking, and includes a coffee maker & grinder (can't come to Kona and not drink coffee!), a blender (gotta have those tropical smoothies!), a slow cooker and a rice cooker. Washer and dryer are just off the kitchen. Bamboo bath towels and high thread-count bed linens add a touch of luxury. Beach items (boogie boards, beach towels, beach chairs, etc.) as well as picnic items are provided for your use while staying at Hale Mele Kai.
The master suite features solid mango wood furniture. It includes a dresser, a writing desk, a chaise lounge, and a view of the ocean from the bed! An attached bathroom has a separate toilet, double sink, and shower. The second bedroom has its own small lanai with a garden (and peek-a-boo ocean) view and a full bathroom across the hall.
The wrap-around lanai looks out over lush vegetation and then provides sweeping westward views of the ocean. Enjoy meals and grilling on the lanai or just sit back and put your feet up. If you're lucky, you may see whales breeching! Watch the sunset every night. Stroll paths or sit on a bench in the garden which features many kinds of tropical fruit: mangos, papayas, bananas, lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, pineapples, etc. Help yourself when fruit is in season! Step into the outdoor shower to cool off or wash sand from your feet.
Once booking is complete, you will be provided with the address, directions and a lockbox code for a key which will give you access to the home.
You will have owner's cell phone number and should be able to reach her at all times. You will also be provided with the contact information for someone who lives within the community in the rare event that you cannot reach the owner or need in-person assistance.
Hawaii Business Tax ID’s:
Transient Accommodations – TA-100-513-3824-01
General Excise Tax – GE-100-513-3824-01
- No loud noise, please. It is a community that values its peace and quiet.
- No smoking in home, on lanais or in carport. No illegal drugs.
- Guests must remove their own garbage (that can't go down disposal), trash & recycling. Location of convenient waste transfer stations will be provided.
- Safety Precautions: Please use common sense with regard to lanai railings: do not push heavily against them or hang over them - the drop is far. Please exercise caution when swimming at Pebble Beach as there is no lifeguard. Please do not enter garden on south side of home (left as you face home from carport) or traverse the wooden plank on south side of house. Please observe speed limit in the community and drive very slowly.
- Older children who are able to observe the above safety precautions and noise requirements are welcome. If in doubt, please contact owner.
- Upon arrival, please read Guest Information Manual (esp. bold print under “Home & Garden” & “Community” tabs)