This property is easily one of the nicest Airbnb Gems in Medellin, filled with charm, style, modern touches, wide open spaces, and an unbeatable location in the heart of town... trust me... you'll love it ;)
Alright, so the property itself is pretty epic, with 3000 square feet of awesomeness, it has wide open common areas, nice tall cathedral ceilings, plenty of light, tons of attention to detail, chic furniture, modern design, and several nooks and sitting areas throughout so there's plenty of space for everyone :) There's a nice big balcony at the front to enjoy the breeze, as well as a semi open patio space in the back with a Jacuzzi for hot days or cool nights ;)
3 years ago, when I first arrived in Medellin, I had actually stayed at a place just down the road from this House...I had been looking for a part of town with a bit more of that authentic Colombian charm than the typical tourist trail provides... but still wanted the comfort, safety, and touches of modernity that give the higher class areas their sense of enchantment...long story short, I found exactly what I was looking for in the Laureles/Estadio area, and grabbed a room through airbnb. I would spend my days in nearby cafes, mixing music, writing, and walking down the street to the UPB University (abuzz with youthful energy and free wifi ;) ) taking spanish classes, working out, working on my projects, and before I knew it, I didn't want to leave, I felt more at home in this city than in any other I had previously traveled, and so the backpack was taken off, and almost 3 years later I'm still here :) after many fortunate adventures, I stumbled upon this gem in what remains my favourite part of town, so I've since added a ton of modern details and design, and made it into the type of space where the energy flows well, and people can truly get comfortable
- Professionals who work online will be more than happy with the solid High Speed internet connection and great desks in all of the rooms.
- full HD DIRECT TV programming in living room and all bedrooms
- Complementary Coffee :)
- Maid Service 5 days a week
- On Site Laundry Service (additional charge of 15.000 pesos per load)
- Very Comfortable Pillow-top Orthopedic Mattresses (Double size)
- 42" Flat screen TVs in all the bedrooms with HDMI and USB connections
- Private and Shared Bathrooms (based on availability)
- WIFI throughout
- Bedroom Safes
- Beautiful Fully loaded Kitchen with American Bar
- Lounge Areas throughout
- 10 Minute walk to the stadium metro station
Guests have access to all common areas throughout the house as well as the privacy of their own rooms.
Although we don't live at the house, me and my wife Dani come by from time to time to hang out with guests, have a coffee, grab a beer, enjoy some good conversion...you know the deal ;) and then at other times you may not see much of us at all, either way we're just a phone call away if you need anything :)
I typically prefer longer term tenants however shorter stays are also currently being offered, I'm always intrigued by the interesting travelers and professionals who come through my apartments and whether you're a lone traveler looking for adventure and new culture, or a professional looking for an elegant and relaxing place to set up for a while, I can assure you you'll enjoy the energy these spaces provide.
- smoking permitted on the balcony, always close the balcony door so that the smoke doesn´t enter the house :)
- one overnight guest allowed, please do not leave guests unaccompanied in the house
- please clean up after using common areas such as Kitchen, Dining, Living Room, etc.
- always wash your own dishes!
- Quiet Hours after 11:00PM during week days and 1PM on weekends
- please do not leave private belongings in the common areas
- no drugs, parties, or minors
- Respect eachother
- Enjoy yourself :)
At the moment, I'm a writer, and landlord from Toronto. 6 years ago I escaped from the winter of Canada to chase the sun and re-invigorate my artistic inspirations, and have been abroad ever since. I'm very clean when it comes to my apartments as I believe the space you keep mirrors your internal state, and vice-versa. I can come back to this later