This 8,000+ sq ft waterway mansion is perfectly located – right near Fort Lauderdale beach and the downtown boardwalk of restaurants, bars, cafes, & nightlife. From the mansion you can kayak to dinner. Exquisite details and materials abound. High end music videos have been filmed here. It has 6 guest bedrooms. In addition, we have many high quality airbeds. The outside is excellent for entertaining and features an infinity pool, Jerusalem stone patio, jacuzzi, and a large covered sitting area.
Other Things to Note
- Free coffee and tea
- Free towels and linen
- Free Wireless internet access
- Kitchen available: refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, toaster, freezer, etc.
- An outdoor grill
- Air conditioned rooms
If you wish, we can store your luggage before or after the official check-in and check-out time.
The mansion has 6 guest bedrooms. Four bedrooms have a king or queen bed, one room has a full bed, and one room has two twin beds. In addition, we have many high quality air mattresses available if guests need more than seven beds.
A loving tabby cat and tiny yorkie dog live in the mansion, though they can be moved to another property if you prefer.
You can see from past reviews the type of hosts that we are. Either I or my sweet, accommodating mother will be your local guide and may stay in a separate part of the estate to take care of the grounds and provide a local's advice in case you have any questions about good places to eat or have fun. When I'm in town, my mother leaves when we host guests. Even when we host guests and she's the only one in town, she frequently sleeps at my sister's house to see her grandkids. I frequently live out of state, so my mother is more likely to be the one who assists you during your stay. She has a room on the estate that is far away from the guest bedrooms. To ensure our guests feel like they have the place to themselves, we strive to be out of the way except when requested for something. You'll have a great time in this mansion on the water.
The house is perfect for a group of friends or family to relax in. It is not suitable to big parties or events. 20 people is the limit for gatherings on the property. The neighbors are sensitive. Music outdoors must be on low volume. The neighbors should never significantly notice that there are guests at the mansion. Cars cannot be parked on our neighborhood street. Any cars must be parked in the mansion's driveway, which may hold a total of 6 cars. When outdoors, please do not yell, screech motorcycles, or make other loud noise that would disturb the neighbors.
To comply with underage drinking laws, if alcohol is being widely distributed on the property, there may not be anyone on the property between the age of 14 and 24. This is to reduce the risk of property damage and illegal drinking associated with such parties when they involve high school or college aged students. To reserve this mansion, you must be an individual older than age 25.
The Fort Lauderdale government unfortunately made it illegal to do "amplified music" outdoors after 10pm Fri-Sat and 9pm Sun-Thu. So please follow that law.
The person booking the home should be present for the check-in and check-out walk through, unless other arrangements are agreed to.
I'm nice and flexible, but I have to write the following paragraphs to avoid past situations where a small group of reserved guests threw a gigantic party and invited over dozens of unreserved guests many of whom ended up causing property damage, sleeping in the house, and stealing things. This has happened twice... That's why I've had to write some safety provisions like the following ones. I appreciate your understanding:
• Without written authorization from me before booking the reservation: On the property your reserved and paid-for group can be visited by up to eight temporary, unpaid-for guests in total across your stay (20 people is still the limit for gatherings on the property). Because the overnight stay wasn't paid for the temporary guests shouldn't be overnight guests, which means that after 1:00am they shouldn't be on the property. Again this house is perfect for a group of friends or family, not a rotating party house.
• Though it's never been necessary, if asked an adult guest may need to show a photo ID to indicate they are who they say they are. City law requires this.
• The neighbors are sensitive, so outdoor amplified music must be on low volume. What counts as "low volume" is ultimately in my sole determination, given that it can be a subjective matter.
• Violation of rules in the house description grants the landlord or me the right to evict guests and terminate the reservation without refund because violations put the safety of the house and neighborhood at risk. Of course, it’s rare that these provisions need to be enforced. Most reservations go smoothly and guests have an awesome time. These provisions are here just to prevent reservations disruptive to the neighborhood such as high school students renting the house for a big keg party. If you’re a normal person, I’m confident you’ll have a fabulous time in this huge mansion on the water.
I grew up in Miami and now spend my time living in different parts of the world, working in venture capital, music, and other fields. I love being spontaneous with my day, doing things that will be memorable, opening random doors on the street to explore, trying new things, eating innovative food, reading books, writing, dancing, befriending strangers, and having amusing conversation.
My interests include philosophy, music, literature, history, being wild, dancing salsa and swing, playing my guitar, intellectual discourse, transcendentalism, defying convention, spontaneity, ridiculosity, symphonies, poetry, humorous photography, immersion journalism, entrepreneurship, architecture, and people -- people who are curious and kind and who bring out the best in others.
I've traveled to Austria, Canada, England, France, Iraq, Italy, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Peru, and Spain.
Music I like: indie rock, classic rock, jazz, Latin American, Eastern European, French, classical, folk. Artists/bands I like: Beirut, Beatles, Jack Johnson, Bob Dylan, Coldplay, Avett Brothers, The White Stripes, Schubert, Jason Mraz, Franz Ferdinand, Oscar Peterson, Jefferson Airplane, The Black Keys, Jimi Hendrix, Sinatra, Buena Vista Social Club, Vivaldi, Bach, Astor Piazzola, Dave Matthews, Bartok, Beethoven, Blur, Saint-Saens, Mingus, Dave Brubeck, Chopin, Liszt, Schumann, Yann Tiersen, Ella Fitzgerald, Madeleine Peyroux, dixieland jazz, swing jazz, Benny Goodman, Fred Astaire, the Kinks, Velvet Underground, MGMT, Rachmaninov, Rolling Stones, Santana, Satie.
I enjoy people who are friendly and have passionate interests.