With interior designs by a regular in Boston Magazine, Boston Globe Magazine, New England Real Estate Journal, HGTV and more, this 106-year-old cottage/cabin is exciting And comforting. Water views & 2-minute walk to the beach make more happily.
1. Pets: well behaved pets ok, w/negotiation. 10$/night/pet fee. No pets live here now. There is always a possibility another guest may be staying here with a pet (it's rare). if this is a problem please inquire before booking.
2. Smoking outdoors only, porch ok, 420 ok.
3. Style: Here you make yourself at home like a trusted friend.
4. Information: I've got a ton of info about the house, neighborhood, & Boston public transport in manuals in the house. If it's not in there, i can answer more questions too.
5. Communication: I prefer texting: I don't check email every day, don't do voicemail much, and air bnb's app is unreliable for notifications.
6. Firearms: are not permitted in this home.
I'm an artist living in a giant gallery & adult summer camp. I've got tons of cool stuff here you can look at & play with. And i've got tons of work fixing a 100-yr-old house, too, so something's always half-done. I was an interior designer for 14 years, and put the really bold stuff in my house.
I'm kind of a hippy, yet am driven - an entrepreneur who typically alternates a few months of 16-hour work days with a few weeks of rest. in my art organization, American Family Happily Institute, i collaborate with about 100 volunteers & interact with thousands of people each year. i am also an introvert and not often chatty at home. If i'm not chatty it has nothing to do with you; i respect all people.
I grew up in the the middle of america but know and love boston well now, and can share tips/cool stuff to do.
i speak a Little french, badly. My good friend, Jean-luc, is fluent in French, German, & Alsatian, and can be available to translate if necessary, either if he is visiting or via phone.