Private entrance, modern daylight basement 1 bedroom apt in 1907 PDX house. Queen bed + sleeper couch in living room. Kitchen, W&D, wifi, TV with cable/Netflix. Go carless & walk the city; take MAX from airport to local stn, then 2 min walk. Parking for 1 car inc.
Although this sweet house was built in 1907, the daylight basement apartment was completely remodeled in 2014. It is modern with mid century type furnishings, sealed cement floor and stainless kitchen.
You have the whole apartment: 1 bedroom, bath, laundry, living room w/sleeper couch and kitchen, to yourself. It has a private entry. Between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm feel free to use the furniture on the front porch.
I live upstairs and I'm home most of the time. I travel occasionally so with rare exceptions I am available. If I am gone there will be a responsible house sitter on site. Feel free to contact me by message, call or email with any questions about the city or concerns. There will be a note with contact information for the house sitter should I be out of town.
The surrounding neighborhood is mostly residential so quiet after 10 is suggested. Pet owners: there is a lovely one whole city block park across the street! Speaking of pets I have several cats whose paws can sometimes be heard tearing across the floor! Parents: younger kids will love the pull out sofa! There are a few games provided too!22
1. To check in: The day before you arrive you will be given a code for the lock. To use the lock, press the button with the pic of the key on it, then the code I gave you. If it doesn't work for you, text me right away at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Upon checkout, please close all windows, turn off heaters and lock the door as usual, by pressing only the key icon. Dishes and cookware should be cleaned and put away or placed rinsed in the dishwasher or sink.
2. Smoking of any kind is NOT allowed in the apartment, on the property, or next to the property.
3. Pets: Please introduce your pets to me at check-in. You are responsible for damage of caused by your pets. Do not leave pets alone in the apartment unless they are known to be quiet when left alone. Please leave a cell number with me in case contact is needed about the pets making constant noise in the apt.
4. Parking: Off-street parking for one car is available throughout your stay.
5. TV: The TV has 2 main settings, one is when the cable (big remote) is in charge and you have access to Comcast Cable, the other is controlled by the Sony (little remote) device with gives you access to various locations on the internet including Netflix and HBO. Cable, Netflix and HBO are accessible through the house account. Locations such as Hulu will need your personal sign in info to access. When the TV turns on, it lists the apps that you can use at the bottom of the screen, and the TV is listed as an app. To watch cable, choose the TV app at the bottom of the screen.
6. Internet: network name: Summerhill password: Le1ston!
7. Any other person(s) on or in the property not listed in the original rental request are your sole responsibility.
8. I am not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while you are on the premises. I am not responsible for the loss or damage of your personal belongings or valuables.
9. Please keep the property and all furnishings clean and in good order.
I am a retired school counselor. I live above the apartment you are renting so I am super available. I am pretty quiet. However, sometimes my cats race around upstairs and when that happens you may hear their paws! (They have no access to the apartment). I love animals and kids, art and museums, making art, movies, reading and learning, friends and conversation.