A clean, spacious two bedroom apartment on quiet, tree-lined street Hip Davis Square. Only a 5 minute walk to the train stop, great cafes, restaurants, shops, theaters, a 12 mile bike path. The train "T" stop (at "Davis" on red-line MBTA train) gets you to Cambridge (in 10 minutes) and Boston (20 minutes). Rent bikes at the Train and bike in the gorgeous new, safe bike lanes throughout Somerville and Boston (maps provided with booking).
Private & Quiet 2 bedroom apartment on quiet street in Hip Davis Square!
LOCATION: The Heart of DAVIS SQUARE
- 5 minute walk to the DAVIS SQUARE “T” Red line train / subway
- By train, 10 mins to Harvard, 15 minutes to MIT and Charles MGH, 20 minutes to Boston
- 5 minute walk to:
Grocery/Convenient Store, Cafes, Bars and Nightlife, Restaurants, Bike Path, Children's Park, Movie Theater, Bars, Subway & Bike rentals
- Very quiet, one-way street
- Young professionals and families with young children live around here
- "Hubway" bikes are for rent at the train station
- Parks & Playgrounds (2 min walk):
picnic tables, playground, little league games, see pictures
- Somerville Community Bike Path and Minuteman Bike Path:
12 miles long, popular for walking, jogging, cycling
APARTMENT DETAILS & AMENITIES
- 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed
- Full Kitchen with microwave and amenities listed below
- 1 Full bathroom, with a soaking bathtub
- Sitting / living room with TV, books for children and board games
- The apartment is the separate first floor unit in a 2-Family House (up & down townhome)
- We owners live in the upstairs flat with two cats & a baby and toddler
- We do not share any living area with you except if you want to use the laundry in the basement (please let us know)
EQUIPMENT / AMENITIES
- A set of fresh towels for each bedroom (date of arrival only)
- Beds made with fresh sheets/linens (date of arrival only)
- Plates, bowls, utensils, pots, pans, toaster, some spices and condiments
- Coffee maker, coffee, tea
- Electric water kettle
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer and sometimes toothpaste
- Ironing board and iron
- Free laundry in basement (please let us know if you will need to use)
- Free Wifi (high speed)
- Keyless entry
- Nest thermostat for Heat
- Air conditioners
- TV: 32 inch, 1080p HD television. Netflix is available, signed into our account. Over-the-air antennae receives ~20 channels. HDMI input and cable provided for use with your computer. Youtube, Hulu, Amazon video etc. are available through Smart TV as well.
- A full apartment cleaning prior to guest Check-In
- Supplies for cleaning are kept in apartment (trash bags, etc.)
- Baby Items: available upon request: Pack n Play Crib, Rock n Play, Bouncer seat, umbrella stroller and more (please ask)
GREAT LOCATION! NO CAR NEEDED!
Walk to Train, Rent a bike, or Walk to almost anything you may need
5 min walk to the DAVIS SQUARE TRAIN where you can take the train or
Rent a bike & return it --> at any other location in the city
- Rent a ZIPCAR -- their hourly rental cars are parked in many parking lots and all are very nearby (such as at the Harvard Vanguard Somerville Office 5 minute walk away)
Or if you're bringing a car and need parking...
- Parking --
We offer a guest parking pass with the apartment for 1 car, on-street parking up to max of 5 days in a week. You will be considered a Somerville resident with the use of this pass and will have to follow local parking laws even while using that pass. Please check out our house rules for the details.
For an off-street parking option, please make a note of your interest with your booking request.
---------------- ---------------- ----------------
About OWNERS, DAVIS SQUARE, and OTHER THINGS:
We're a couple in our 30's. He works nearby at MIT and bikes to work. I'm a consultant and often work from home. We love our two cats and two babies which is taking up a lot of time and attention these days.
Previously we were also -- He's into gardening (our lilac bush in the back yard is blooming right now, ahh), softball, cycling to work and a few other things. I'm into making bad artwork, growing my consulting business and spending time with friends. We are generally very quiet with the exception of our toddler from time to time in the morning.
We are looking for guests that fit well with us, and are quiet and respectful, same as us -- and we are happy to host families. Even though we won't technically share any space with our guests, we will be in the same building / historic "2-family" house.
Once you book you will get a link to a map of the area which give you the same info and more, see below!
Since Airbnb doesn't let me give you links, you are going to have to look it up or wait until after you book for a nice map I made. Everything below in Davis unless noted.
* Run/Bike/Walk along the Minuteman Bike Path. See image above.
* Run/Bike/Walk along the Charles River - Take the T to Harvard and map the walk to the river via JFK street. Go as far as you like and then map to the closest T you end up near.
* Healthworks for Women - 15 min walk to Porter Square T. $20 to drop in - includes a bevy of fitness classes, good gym layout and equipment, sauna, steam and whirlpool access.
* Boston Sports Clubs - 5 min walk to Davis Square T. No knowledge of anything detailed, never been.
* MIT Gym - Train to Central Square. Map the 10 minute walk. Amazing gym with everything you want or need. $15 drop in. Includes access to sauna (in the old locker rooms). Olympic sized (and also a small sized) swimming pool.
* Baptiste Power Yoga. hot, steamy power yoga. 15 min walk to Porter Square. $15 drop in for class. Mat rentals available. Bring a big water bottle and two towels.
* hot/cold sandwiches, homemade pasta at Dave's Fresh Pasta
* coffee and pastries at Diesel Cafe
* beers at The Burren or Five Horses Tavern
* ice cream at JP Licks
* burritos at Anna's Taqueria
* tequila flights, tapas and tacos at The Painted Burro
* ribs and beer at Redbones BBQ
* sashimi and sake at Snappy Sushi
* jazz brunch at Johnny D's
....or Highland Kitchen! (HK is a little farther, but worth it)
* live music, shows or movies at Somerville Theater
* live music at Johnny D's and The Burren
* World Music - look it up
* Cheap Thrills Boston - a blog about what it sounds like!
* get groceries or flowers at Dave's Fresh or Pemberton Farms
* fresh produce and local things at the Farmers Market (Wednesdays see picture - parking lot behind Redbones)
* search for cool treasures at Goodwill or Found
* browse handmade gifts and trinkets at Magpie
* go bowling at Sacco's (and eat their awesome flatbread pizza)
--- Big Box convenience nearby:
*CVS (Davis Square - 5 min walk)
*Starbucks (Davis Square - 5 min walk)
*Shaw's Supermarket (Porter Square - 15 min walk)
*Stop & Shop Supermarker (10 min walk)
*Tags Hardware (and home goods) (Porter Square)
*Chipotle (Davis Sq)
*Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, PetSmart (Fresh Pond Shopping center, 1 mile via bike path)
Guests will have access to a private two bedroom apartment and shared access to front and back porches, a backyard. You are also welcome to use the washing machine and dryer in the basement, but please talk to us in advance.
We like to meet our guests when they check in and we live upstairs, so we'll be around if there is a problem. Otherwise, the apartment completely private for our guests.
Please see the house rules before putting sending a booking request so that you can answer questions we usually like to know before accepting! Thanks!
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR MESSAGE to me:
- 1. Total number of guests (adults, children, babies)? What are the ages of the guests? Any smokers?
Please note: No more than 2 guests for a one night stay. Please read house rules below fully. Visitors and unapproved guests are not permitted.
- 2. Arrival Date AND Time of Check In? (Check In between 3 pm and 9 pm)
- 3. Departure Date (Check out before 12 pm/noon)
- 4. Please tell me about yourselves and the purpose of your trip.
- 5. Any Other Needs (Parking? Crib?) / Special Requests / Service Animal ?
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REQUESTING A BOOKING:
- 1. We are happy to host Friendly, Neat, Low-Maintenance Adults & Well-Behaved Children. We appreciate if guests can keep quiet time between 8 pm and 7:30 am which is when our toddler and baby are sleeping.
---- Everything in the kitchen is at your disposal; we just ask that you rinse whatever dishes you use & place in dishwasher before you leave.
- 2. NO Unapproved ADULTS, CHILDREN, OR VISITORS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME.
(If you do have changes in your plans, number of guests or visitors, please request this as early as possible before you arrive.)
- 3. NO SMOKING ON PREMISES
- 4. NO PARTIES
- 5. NO PETS
- 6. PLEASE MAKE any Special Requests in Advanec. Special Requests are subject to approval and if allowed may also have an additional fee.
- 7. RATES, AVAILABILITY & AMENITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL A RESERVATION IS FINALIZED, AND WILL DEPEND ON TIME OF YEAR AND WHO REQUESTS A RESERVATION MOST QUICKLY. Guests may be asked to show a photo ID upon arrival.
Parking is for ONE CAR, it is ON the STREET and FREE, but it is city parking with city rules and it is limited to 3 days in a calendar week! If you need parking please mention it in your reservation request. Also, if you are staying longer than 3 days and need parking please mention that as there are some additional options we may be able to offer you.
More info about parking: We have one Somerville visitor pass for our guests. With this pass you may park as a Somerville resident. On-street parking is first-come-first served. Finding parking on our street is easy. The pass should be displayed on the dashboard.
You should also read the street signs to make sure you’re not parked on the wrong side of the street during the time of street cleaning. There are many non-resident/open parking streets as well, such as Holland Street, which is perpendicular to our street (Gorham St in Somerville MA). Also, there is parking at metered locations within walking distance and free usually after a certain time of night.
On Sundays -- resident parking spots are a free and open for everyone / anyone to park!
We look forward to having you as our guests and hope your time in the Boston area is wonderful. Safe travels!
as a tourist: love to eat, walking to explore, maybe a museum or two, people watch, and anything cute and trendy.
as a host: i care. i really want you to have a comfortable stay, especially for people who are considerate and remember that this a private home, that is important to me. that is partly why my listing is so detailed =)