Cosy and Bijoux over 100 year old Character Cottage With Rolling Countryside Views - A Place To Stop And Take A Breath
Countryside Location With Nearby Pubs, Cafes, Independent Cinema And Boutique Shops With Easy Access To Peak District and Derbyshire. Scandinavian style design with attention to detail and high quality bedlinen and towels supplied and fully equipped kitchen and stunning views from the windows. Country walks straight from the door.
Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom)
Scandinavian influenced beautiful character cottage perfect for exploring the Peak District. Hillside Cottage, is literallly located on a hillside, with stunning views. It is warm, bijoux and decorated with style.
Amidst the wild birds and butterflies in the sunny south facing garden watching the sun go down with a glass of wine, or curled up in front of the fire in the evening the cottage is a perfect retreat. In the winter you might get a beautiful frost or a scatter of snow. Whether you are active or just want peace and quiet the cottage is a gateway to both. This charming and relaxing cottage is fully equipped with boutique style interiors and restored character features in a countryside setting. It is surrounded by lush green hills with parading cows, and outdoors on your doorstep.
Short distance away from historical houses of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall, chic boutiques and antique shops of Ashbourne. Also near to Bakewell with bakeries selling its famous Bakewell tart and Carsington Water for outdoor sports including sailing, canoeing, cycling and walking. Hills and famous edges of Peak District National Park are within easy reach.
Wirksworth itself has a range of independent shops, antique shops, cosy and quirky real ale pub that also sells vinyl records, french bistro, wine bar, delicatessen, monthly farmers market, well known arts festival, cafes and pubs and narrow lanes and streets for exploring local heritage and architecture.
The cottage offers easy access to the hills and outdoors, and also the delights of this quirky little market town with a blend of history and contemporary.
The cottage is spotlessly clean and offers all the mod cons in a peaceful setting with a tasteful decor and a sense of luxury.
5* ratings on Trip Advisor, Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings websites. Come and see yourself.
Beautifully decorated kitchen, lounge, bedroom and bathroom - all with amazing countryside views. You will have the sole use of the cottage during your stay. There is a garden in front of the cottage with beautiful views and outdoor seating for you to dine out and enjoy the views.
We will ask for booking details (name & email) and send you an Arrival Info pack with travel details by email. We will make arrangements for your arrival and to greet you whenever possible. You are welcome to arrive at anytime that suits your travel plans.
No pets allowed. Children only by prior arrangement. No smoking in the cottage. Please leave it neat and tidy on departure. Arrival after 3pm and departure by 10.30am unless otherwise arranged.
Thank you for respecting the arrival and departure times, which allow us to complete changeovers efficiently. We are unable to offer you extended times, unless agreed in advance. We reserve the right to charge for the housekeeper's time if you depart late.
We would appreciate if on departure you could leave the accommodation nice and tidy as you found it, with kitchen items washed and put away, and rubbish in the bins outside. Please note that we have to charge £15 per hour for any additional cleaning required that is beyond our normal weekly clean.
On departure please turn the heating down to about 13 degrees, and put the keys back in the keysafe. We would appreciate a text to let me know that you have departed.
We hope that you love, enjoy and respect our beautiful cottage as much as we do.
A few other notes on What to Bring :
• Basically bring yourselves, clothes and food and drink.
• There is a small Ken’s supermarket just off the Market Place in Wirksworth (open Mon-Sat till 9pm and Sundays till 9pm) and a Co-op by the petrol station on the outskirts of town towards Cromford until 10pm every night. There is a large Sainsbury’s in Matlock and Ashbourne.
• Bring a torch if you are arriving after dark.
• The wooden floor downstairs can get a bit cool, so bring a pair of slippers.
• We suggest stout boots for walking, and a sweater and waterproof coat are wise at any time of year.
• Bed linen, and one hand and one bath towel per person per stay are provided.
• Dishcloth and tea towels are provided, and there is some washing up liquid.
• Some toilet rolls are provided. Please bring you own shower gel/shampoo etc.
• There is a hairdryer at the cottage, and also an iron and ironing board.
• The kitchen should have everything you need. It has a cooker, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and a microwave. Crockery, cutlery, saucepans and utensils are provided. There is also a cafetiere and an espresso maker.
• Wi-Fi available
• There is a television and a DVD player in the lounge, and an iPod player in the bedroom.
• There is no baby equipment, such as bedding, cot or a high chair.
• There is plenty of information about what to do locally. See the black information booklet in the kitchen and basket in the lounge.
• To control the heating, please use the thermostat on the lounge wall. Just turn the dial to your desired temperature and the heating will kick on automatically.
• The cottage has traditional 130 year old stairs which are steep, so be careful when going up and down.
I'm originally from Finland, and have ended up in Derbyshire via London, New Zealand, Australia and Ireland. I've now lived in beautiful little town of Wirksworth for 10 years with my husband and our daughter and son. I work in the arts sector and enjoy outdoor sports. We also have a beautiful bijoux scandinavian influenced holiday cottage in Wirksworth.