Renovated Uptown home close to Magazine St. and Winn-Dixie. Close to Domilise's, Toast, Hansen's, Dick & Jenny's, Octavia Books, and multiple James Beard Award winning restaurants. Walk to Tipitina’s, Les Bon Temps, Magazine Street, Audubon Park, St. Charles Ave., and Whole Foods. Enjoy simple, clean living in a convenient Uptown location.
Recently joined Airbnb!
Welcome! Dar Crayberg is a 2 bedroom (private)/2 bathroom single family home in Uptown with a perfectly sized covered back porch and yard. It has central air/heat. One bedroom has a queen bed and the other has two twin extra long beds. Dar Crayberg is cleaned professionally between guests. It was completely gutted and renovated in 2010.
Dar Crayberg is located 3 blocks south of Magazine Street between Jefferson and Napoleon. It is walking distance to fabulous restaurants, stores, Tipitina’s, Les Bon Temps, Hansen’s Snow Bliz, Domilise's, near Audubon Park, and a short bike, cab, or bus ride to the French Quarter. St. Charles Ave. and the streetcar is 9 blocks away.
When we rent vacation properties we look for homes that are clean, have fast wi-fi, are clutter free, and are easy on the eyes so we’re doing the same with Dar Crayberg. You will find basic necessities, comfortable beds and seating, a smart TV (pulls in local channels & your Amazon or Netflix account), plus walls covered in photography from when Steve was a stringer with The Times-Picayune, a door man at Tipitina’s, and our travels (& maybe a few photographs borrowed from friends).
- Entire house
- Full kitchen: We provide dishes, glasses, go cups, etc. There is a coffee maker, toaster, microwave, icemaker in the fridge, and cooking utensils such as pots and pans, etc. There are several grocery stores within walking distance, so making your own food is no problem.
- Laundry: There is a washer/dryer in the master bedroom closet (walk-in)
- Parking: There is no off-street parking, but it is not an issue to find parking close to the house.
- Bikes not included
Our sister will meet you to hand over keys, go over the house, and is available for emergencies during your stay (let’s hope for no emergencies!).
We are available for general questions if you need any advice on where to eat, see music, etc.
When requesting to book please be sure to tell us about yourself and your trip.
- Enjoy NOLA, it's good for your soul! Give generously to local musicians, artists, and servers.
- Please be respectful to our home and to our neighbors.
- We are big believers in friends gathering but please no large or loud parties.
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- No illegal activities (sort of goes without saying).
- Register all guests ahead of time.
- Also, we are kid friendly but we don't have kid equipment such as a crib or high chair.
- Unfortunately, if you lose your key we will need to charge you because it's an inconvenience.
- Please do not remove linens (towels, sheets, blankets, etc.). However feel free to take colorful plastic Go cups with you.
- Finally, as Dr. Bob's signs state, “Be Nice or Leave".
My husband, Steve, and I own homes in Boston and New Orleans and split our time between those two cities. We both are curious by nature and love to travel!
Steve moved from New Orleans to Boston to attend the Museum School. He's a practicing artist with a day job in IT. Though I consider myself a Californian I've been in Boston for over 20 years. I moved to Boston to study public health (yep I'm into service/social justice). I work at a cancer research institute/hospital. We both enjoy biking but he's super into biking, think very long rides, as in 600km.
We think of New Orleans, LA as our second home. Hopefully it will one day be our primary home!