A 10-minute walk to the center of downtown, 15 to the university, 2 minutes to groceries, liquor store, and bakery. Features many late-Victorian features, furnished with antique and modern furniture. There is also a patio, garden, BBQ, and 2 cats.
We have 2 bedrooms available in a very clean, quiet, bright, 3-storey Victorian home. Each is fully furnished and available on short or long term. There is a formal livingroom (with fireplace), fully stocked kitchen, 2 bathrooms (one with original clawfoot tub and separate NEW marble walk-in shower), Wifi internet, TV room, washer/dryer, hardwood flooring, free on-street parking.
The house is owner-occupied (with 4 adults) and 2 cats. With over 1000 sqf per floor, spread over 3 floors and a basement, it is very private. The bathrooms are shared (sorry, I do not have any ensuites!).
This listing is for a bedroom on the 3rd floor. The room is approximately 256 sqf (16'x16') and is furnished with double-bed, a single bed, antique dresser, table, and chairs. It has black-out curtains and a large closet. The bathrooms (shared) are on the 2nd and 1st floors of the house. This room can sleep 3, but preferably 2 adults/1 child maximum.
Please enter your dates and the number of guests for an accurate quote.
On check-in you will get your own key to come and go as you please. You will have use of both bathrooms (shared), the living room, the backyard, the kitchen, and the washer/dryer. There are 2 refrigerators (full size and mini) in the kitchen for your use. You are welcome to cook (and to clean up after yourself). You are also welcome to use the BBQ and patio (no smoking inside).
Our schedules are often quite flexible and on most days we am seldom more then 10-15 minutes from the house. When guests are interested, we often join them for meals or drinks.
St. John's is a city of hills and we live near the top of one of those. It will take you 15 minutes to walk to George Street - but a bit longer to climb back home! Likewise, the house has 3-storeys (with high ceilings), which also means a lot of stairs. I can't advise on how hard you will find the hills (a common question asked by tourists - I walk it daily without difficulty, but it depends on you). If you have difficultly walking 3 flights of stairs, this might not be the best booking for you.
There are few rules - other then that we expect guests to be quiet, clean, and courteous! Please read the listing prior to booking.
- We expect that the person requesting the booking is the person who will be staying here. We do not book through 3rd parties except in special circumstances. We ask to communicate directly with the person who will be staying in my house. Please have a clear photo of yourself, and use your real name in your profile.
- We will provide you with a key so you can come and go anytime. Please be sure to always lock the front door on both coming and going (the front door should always be locked - even when you are home; it is a safe neighborhood, but you cannot always hear the door open from upstairs).
- You are also welcome to use the kitchen and TV room, just please tidy up after yourself.
- There are 2 cats. They do not normally have access to the bedrooms, and we have had several guests with mild allergies who have not had any problems - but beware if this is an issue for you.
- When you have your arrival time, please send us the details so that we can arrange to meet you at the house or send the access code.
- Our check-in times are flexible and you are welcome to drop off your luggage if arriving early before previous guests have departed. For folks arriving after midnight, please double check your booking dates (eg. 3am Friday is still Thursday night...)
- Please, no smoking inside. There is a deck where you are welcome to smoke.
I am both a host and traveller on Airbnb, always happy to meet new people and to open my home to them. I'm an expert on Newfoundland culture. My husband and I divide our time between between our home in Newfoundland, and our home in Cuba.