Right ACROSS from the BEACH on Scenic 98, this incredibly nostalgic, Nantucket-style is home offers a beautiful, newly renovated kitchen, new carpet & furniture, plantation shutters, vaulted ceilings, and a completely remodeled 3rd floor with OCEAN VIEWS. Recent renovations have added modern conveniences for your comfort, while preserving the unique retro-charm of this large, New England-style beach home. This home cannot exceed max occupancy of 22 or 14 adults.
Charming Beach Cottage
This is a great home for 4-5 families with children or up to 14 adults max without children. Sleeps 22 - 23. Guests 16 years and older are considered adults. Please contact host before booking if you have questions about max occupancy.
If you have a larger group, we have 4 houses, all right next door to each other! (See Over the Top, Chesapeake Cottage & A Swedish Fish).
“Nantucket House” easily accommodates 14 adults and up to 9 children (in beds--not sofa sleepers!) with 6 BEDROOMS, including 4 KING Masters, a Triple Queen Bedroom (3 queen beds), and a 3rd floor Bunk Room with 2 sets full-over-full beds (yes, that’s 4 full-size beds). It also has 6 FULL BATHROOMS. And an added extra bonus for your large group, we have installed TWO sets of full-size washers & dryers.
There is also plenty of room for everyone to gather in the spacious living area and the open, custom kitchen and dining area has everything you’ll need to prepare and enjoy meals for your large group. You’ll love the beautiful screened-in private pool with plenty of outdoor deck space to enjoy relaxing mornings and evenings, semi-secluded with beautiful oleander trees. And when you’re ready for the beach – it’s just across the street!
We keep our home clean and well updated, and pay attention to amenities you expect, such as high-speed internet, nice flat-screen TVs, high-definition cable, high quality linens, hair dryers in each bathroom, and more. We also provide items our smaller guests may need like a high chair and pack-n-play.
Inside this exceptional home, you’ll find a bright and inviting living area with gleaming tile floors, a brick fireplace and beautiful tongue and groove wood details on the walls and ceilings. The leather sectional, chaise and side chair are all brand new, and you’ll appreciate the big HDTV with DVD player. Double French doors open onto a large deck with seating and a natural gas grill for great meals outdoors.
The wide open spaces continue in the beautiful updated kitchen, with new high-end stainless steel appliances, including an extra-large refrigerator with a French door freezer. It has 2 ice makers - really nice when you’re feeding a crowd! In this well-appointed kitchen, you’ll find all the dishes, pans and utensils you may need, a Keurig D-Cup coffee maker, as well as a regular drip coffee maker, and even a few spices, to get you started. There’s room for 12 at the custom banquette with new table and chairs, and more dining space and seating at the long kitchen counter. We want you to feel at home, and the large, open layout is a perfect gathering spot for your family or friends.
BEDROOM #1 - KING MASTER with Ensuite Bathroom - 1st Floor
This is a very large bedroom that is perfect for guests who would prefer to stay on the 1st floor. It features a KING BED, an armoire with a flat screen TV and it has a direct access to the pool. There’s a bedside table with a lamp so you can enjoy a good book while on vacation. A sleeper chair provides a nice place to relax, or perhaps for a child to share your room. You will also appreciate the large private ensuite bathroom.
Bathroom #1 - Ensuite to King Master - 1st Floor
This spacious private bathroom features a large vanity with two sinks and plenty of storage, a commode & a large walk-in shower. You’ll also find big fluffy bath towels and a personal hair dryer.
Bathroom #2 - 1st Floor
This lovely full bathroom is convenient for everyone to use on the 1st floor. There’s a vanity, commode and tub/shower combination, as well as big, fluffy bath towels and a personal hair dryer.
You’ll find the first full-size washer & dryer in the 1st floor laundry room which has a separate outside entrance. To make things even easier for your large group, there’s another washer and dryer on the 2nd floor!
BEDROOM #2 - KING MASTER - 2nd Floor
This bedroom features a KING BED, vaulted ceiling, a custom window seat, a dresser and a flat screen TV. There’s also a nice closet for convenient storage, bedside table and lamp. Guests share the full bathroom with Bedroom # 3 guests.
BEDROOM #3 - KING MASTER - 2nd Floor
There’s a KING BED, vaulted ceiling and a custom window seat. Guests will also appreciate the closet and dresser for convenient storage. This room also includes a bedside table and lamp and a flat screen TV. Guests share the full bathroom with Bedroom #2 guests.
Bathroom #3 - 2nd Floor
This full bathroom is shared by guests in the Bedrooms #2 and #3. It features a vanity with storage and extra counter space, a commode, and large walk-in shower. You’ll also find big, fluffy bath towels and a personal hair dryer.
BEDROOM #4 - KING MASTER with Ensuite Bathroom - 2nd Floor
This bedroom has a comfortable KING BED, a custom window seat and a flat screen TV with DVD player. There’s also a bedside table with lamp, a closet and a private attached bath.
Bathroom #4 - Ensuite to King Master- 2nd Floor
This private bathroom for Master bedroom #4 and features a single vanity with storage, commode and a large walk-in shower with glass doors. You’ll also find big, fluffy bath towels and a personal hair dryer.
BEDROOM #5 - TRIPLE QUEEN BEDROOM with Ensuite Bathroom - 2nd Floor
Children, teens and adults alike LOVE this bedroom! It features 3 QUEEN BEDS, HDTV and a built-in dresser. It’s the room that everyone talks about with lots of space and beautiful vaulted ceilings, a sofa and chaise for extra seating and bedside tables and lamps between the beds for all guests’ convenience. This room also has it’s own attached full bathroom.
Bathroom #5 - Ensuite to Triple Queen Bedroom - 2nd Floor
Guests staying in the Triple Queen Bedroom will appreciate this large full bathroom which features a double vanity, a commode and a tub/shower combination. There are also big, fluffy bath towels and a personal hair dryer in this bathroom.
BEDROOM #6 - Bunk Room/Play Room with Ensuite Bathroom - 3rd Floor
Renovated in 2015, the 3rd floor now has additional space for a brand new BUMPER POOL TABLE with windows all around - enjoy the OCEAN VIEW! The walls and vaulted ceilings are finished in beautiful tongue and groove wood details and a brand new 6th bathroom was added to this space! It’s a great place for children or teens to hang out. However, adults will want to check it out too - for a game of pool and definitely for the view!
There are 2 full-over-full bunk beds (yes, that’s 4 full-size beds), a sofa and a chair with ottoman in this space with beautiful hardwood floors.
Bathroom #6 - Private bath for 3rd floor Bunk Room
Bunk room guests will love this light and bright bathroom. It’s all brand new with a custom vanity and sink, commode and stand-up shower. You’ll find big, fluffy bath towels here, as well as a personal hair dryer.
POOL & OUTDOOR AREA
The 8.5’ x 17’ (4.5’ deep) private pool is screened in, so you can enjoy it without the worry of flying pests. There’s a nice deck to enjoy the sunshine while relaxing in the lounge chairs around the pool. And for your children’s safety, there’s an alarm on the door leading to the pool from the 1st floor King Master.
The expansive deck continues in front and around the south side of the home. There’s a natural gas grill - so no more running out of propane in the middle of grilling your favorite dinner! You’ll also find plenty of seating and a dining table and chairs on this deck - with wonderful shade and privacy from the mature trees. There’s also an outdoor shower - perfect for rinsing off after walking back from the beach!
PERFECT BEACH LOCATION
You’ll be right across the street from the beach (Scenic 98)! We provide a cart with beach chairs and an umbrella, so you can roll your gear to the beach with ease.
This home is in the heart of Crystal Beach, a quiet, walkable neighborhood with white picket fences and easy access to shopping, restaurants and activities in Destin. You can bicycle, scooter, Jet ski and go para-sailing all within walking distance. The Silver Sands Outlet mall is not far for those who enjoy “retail therapy”!
There’s a large parking area in front of the home which accommodates 5-8 vehicles (depending on the size of the cars.) There is no on-street parking allowed in Destin.
New kitchen in 2014, including a new refrigerator & TWO ice makers!
4 bedrooms with king beds!
Newly refurnished in 2013
12 place built-in dining room table plus more seating at kitchen counter
Wet bar and small fridge on 3rd floor
Well stocked cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc.
Kuerig K-Cup Coffer Maker
Plantation shutters throughout
Window boxes in several of the bedrooms
Parking for up to 8 cars, depending on size
Clean linens and bath/hand towels provided
Washer and 2 dryers
Central air conditioning and heat
Pool - this was the model for this development - very large pool and patio - can be heated
Cable TV with HD service
Flat panel TVs in every vbedroom,. most with DVD player
Blu-ray player in living room
Bumper pool table
Nintendo Wii Game Console
Wifi with broadband Internet
Amazing wrap-around deck on 3 sids of the home
Natural gas grill (don`t run out of propane in the middle of preparing dinner!)
Ocean views from 3rd floor porch
Beach access just a few homes down the sidewalk
WE’RE CRYSTAL BEACH RESIDENTS TOO.
You are renting from local owners who live in Crystal Beach full-time. This ensures you’ll get a better quality home and the best service. We will greet you when you arrive and will be there in a flash if you need us during your stay.
We are pet friendly and welcome your dogs in our home. Pre-approval and a $200 + tax pet fee apply.
1. INTRODUCTION: We highly recommend you email us PRIOR to reserving online so we can approve your booking in advance. Once you book online, we require a phone conversation with you so we can get to know each other, answer any questions you may have, and ensure this home is a great fit for you. We reserve the right to move you to a more appropriate home, or cancel your reservation if this home will not work. We want to ensure you find exactly what you expected when you arrive.
2. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. CST AND CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. CST. No early check-ins or late check-outs are allowed.
3. SMOKING: This is a NON SMOKING home. No smoking is allowed at all, including e-cigarettes. If you smoke outside, you must keep all windows and doors closed, and agree to pickup all cigarette butts.
4. MINIMUM AGE: There is a minimum age for renting. Unless approved in writing in advance, we cannot rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by two (2) or more adult guardians or parents. We must meet the adult guardians or parents and see them staying in the home during your entire stay.
5. EXPECTATIONS: You understand that you are renting someone’s private home. You agree to take excellent care of the home and treat it as you would your own.
You understand while this is a vacation area, there may be permanent residents living next door, with children who go to school and parents who have to go to work. You agree to keep noise to a minimum - no loud or late night parties. No throwing things into the yard or pool, or neighboring yards.
No bachelor/ bachelorette parties allowed. Wedding receptions may be held in some homes with prior approval. Please email us in advance.
6. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included in the rental, daily housekeeping service is not included, however it is available at an additional cost.
We do not supply beach towels and do not permit our bath towels to be taken from our properties. We suggest bring beach towels or buy inexpensive ones locally as souvenirs.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY & TRAVEL INSURANCE: Subject to Airbnb`s cancellation policy, all monies paid are non-refundable. There are no refunds for cancellations, change of dates, early check-out, or reservation changes that result in a shortened stay. There are no refunds for weather-related disruptions to your trip, including hurricanes.
We recognize that unforeseen events do occur, which is why we highly recommend Travel Insurance. Please email us for more information about travel insurance.
8. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No cancellation or refunds will be given. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Maximum occupancy varies depending on ratio of adults to children and ages of the children. These details are specified in the online description for this property. This applies to guests spending the night as well as visitors anywhere on the property. Please email for clarification prior to booking online.
10. PETS: $200 (minimum) pet fee + tax applies and is paid directly to us after you book online. Dogs are permitted with prior approval - no cats or other pets are allowed. Any unauthorized pets will result in a breach of contract that could result in eviction and loss of all rental monies paid, security deposits, and/or a $200 penalty.
All dogs must be on a leash at all times (it’s the law). Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Neither the rental manager nor the homeowners assume any responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets while on the premises. Renters must abide by all neighborhood pet rules including but not limited to cleaning up after your dog, not leaving your dog unattended, keeping your dog on a leash, and curbing barking.
11. (Walton County) LOCAL TAXES: Airbnb collects and remits Florida state taxes; they do not collect and remit local taxes. Local taxes are paid directly to us after you book online. The current local tax rate for Destin is 5%. Le Jardin guests pay an additional 2.23% for Baytowne Wharf amenities.
11a. (Okaloosa County) LOCAL TAXES: Airbnb collects and remits Florida state taxes and local taxes.
12. DAMAGE WAIVER, SECURITY DEPOSIT, ADDITIONAL FEES AND RESORT AMENITIES: All bookings require either Damage Waiver Insurance or a refundable security deposit paid directly to the property manager after booking on Airbnb. Failure to comply may result in your booking being cancelled. Damage Waiver Insurance is $59 and the security deposit varies depending on the property and length of stay. Please inquire before you book. If the home you book includes a complimentary golf cart, then the guest must purchase damage waiver insurance, have a valid driver’s license, and a copy of their own car insurance policy. If you do not have these three (3) things, then you may be denied use of the golf cart.
Unless otherwise specified in writing, rates do not include any resort or neighborhood fees or other optional fees. This includes, but is not limited to, beach chair service, spa services, tennis and golf, pool heat, golf cart rentals, etc.
Some of these fees can be paid directly to us after you book online, or to the resort as applicable. Please email us prior to booking if you have any questions.
13. SWIMMING POOLS: The use swimming pools are limited to the renters. There are no lifeguards on duty. All bathers are required to observe the posted regulations. By renting a home with a pool, you are taking full responsibility for the safety of all guests and recognize that use of the pool is “at your own risk”.
Pool heat is available for many homes for an extra charge and can be paid directly to us after you book online, or to the resort if applicable. Please email us for clarification prior to booking.
14. PARKING/PARKING PASSES: Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only and is strictly limited to the number of vehicles allowed for the property. No parking on the grass. Any illegally parked cars are subject to fines and towing. Applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Where applicable, renters must display a parking pass in the vehicle at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter`s expense.
Most properties cannot accommodate trailers. Some homes do not allow motorcycles. None of our homes can accommodate RV parking. Please email for clarification prior to booking.
15. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of all payments, deposits and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in or may be evicted. Evictions are not subject to any refunds, including damage deposits.
16. CONTRABAND: There are to be NO illegal activities, drugs or contraband used or brought onto the premises at any time. If any evidence is found you will forfeit your ENTIRE security deposit and we will notify the police and you may be evicted. Evictions are not subject to any refunds, this includes damage and security deposits. You are responsible for the actions of everyone in your party.
17. SEWERS: Some of our homes have a sewage pump that can easily get clogged by flushing baby wipes, feminine products, paper towels, etc.
Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products, baby wipes, or anything other than toilet paper should be flushed at any time. If it is found that you have improperly flushed items and it clogs the pump, you could be charged the fee to clear out the pump, which typically ranges from two to four hundred dollars ($(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). ACCOMMODATIONS: The home will be in clean and working condition. It is the renter’s responsibility to notify the owner/manager immediately if there are any cleaning or maintenance problems and you agree to allow reasonable access inside the home if necessary to rectify. No compensation will be given for non-working items outside the owner's/manager’s control, including but not limited to power/cable/TV outages, appliance malfunctions or neighborhood amenities. For rentals with a complimentary golf cart - no compensation will be given in the event it is not working during your stay or any portion thereof. For items inside the owner's/manager’s control, the owners/manager will make every attempt to rectify problems that may occur while you are in the home. No refunds or any other compensation will be given for problems that the owner/manager addresses within a reasonable time frame.
19. LIABILITY: The home is privately owned; the owners and rental manager are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners and rental manager are not responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings or valuables during and after your stay. It is the renter’s responsibility to be sure that all personal belongings and valuables are removed from the home at check-out. The owners and rental manager are not responsible for any items left behind.
20. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Hold Harmless Clause
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. This agreement is made
upon the express condition that Sugar Palm Rentals, Inc. and its employees and agents shall be free from all liabilities and claims for damages and/or suits for or by reason of any injury, or death to any person or
property of you and your guests, agents, employees, or third parties, from any cause or causes whatsoever while in or upon the premises or any part thereof during the term of this agreement or occasioned by any
occupancy or use of said premises or any activity carried on by you and your guests, agents, employees, or third parties. Therefore, in connection herewith, you and your guests, agents, employees, or third parties
hereby agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold harmless Sugar Palm Rentals, Inc., its agents and employees from all liabilities, charges, expenses and costs on account of or by reason of any such injuries,
deaths, liabilities, claims, suits, attorney`s fees or losses however occurring or damages growing out of the same.
By accepting this agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the above rental policies. Please note that neither Sugar Palm Rentals, Inc. nor the property owner(s) are liable for any injury that may
occur while staying at this property, including but not limited to the use of the pool, grill, Jacuzzi, wagon, and bikes if provided. We are not liable for any disruption of stay due to unforeseen events or weather, including
hurricanes. Our liability is limited to the amount of rent and taxes. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time during your stay and will do our best to give you at least one hour notice if we should
need to do so. If we suspect the maximum occupancy is being exceeded or damage to the property is occurring, we have the right to check on the property and its condition. The acceptor is agreeing to take full
responsibility for any damage to the house that may occur by any guests during the vacation.
I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for this reservation as indicated above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation terms above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. I also agree that damage charges can be charged to my credit card if damages are incurred during my stay. I agree to hold the owners harmless per hold harmless clause above. By booking this property online I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Whether you’re looking for a vacation rental for a family getaway, pet friendly vacation, romantic retreat, family reunion, wedding, or corporate retreat, you’ll likely find what you need within our portfolio of properties – we have everything from one-bedroom beachfront condos to large homes with private pools and everything in between. Our vacation homes are held to the absolute highest standards because we don't just rent them, we actually own most of the properties ourselves. The few homes which we do not personally own have been hand-picked so we have consistent standards across all of our properties.
Eliminate the angst associated with researching and reserving vacation rental properties online. At Sugar Palm Vacation Rentals, every booking begins with a phone conversation geared toward pairing you with a vacation home that suits your unique requirements. Our booking process is safe, secure, easy, and honest. Not only do we have a personal conversation with you to answer every question and ensure a smooth reservation, we can guarantee that what you see online is actually what you get when you check in. Unlike other vacation rental companies, we update our properties often and listings, including the photos, regularly so our guests never experience unpleasant surprises.
With more than 20 years of experience in the vacation rental business, we bring an in-depth and detailed understanding of what makes a vacation home or condo rental a memorable part of any vacation experience. Backed by thousands of guests already served, responses to market research surveys, and in-person focus group sessions, we have established and hold all Sugar Palm Vacation Rentals properties accountable for upholding the most rigorous standards for furnishings, maintenance, cleanliness and amenities.
Give us a call to find the perfect home for your vacation, or feel free to explore our vacation rental properties.