Very comfy 2 BR 1 BA 2nd floor apartment in a vintage 1920's Southampton Brick 4 Unit Building. Fully equipped kitchen w Kuerig, Microwave, Stove, Fridge. Comfy Queen beds, dressers, lamps & lots of closets. Nice bath w linens. Cable/Internet. More!!
ONE OF TWO SPACES AVAILABLE AT THIS LOCATION...THIS IS THE 2nd FLOOR SPACE:
You won't find a better location than this comfy fully furnished fully equipped 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment in an historic 4 unit building right in the Heart of Southampton Neighborhood (known locally as SOHA) in the lively Macklind Avenue District. You will notice the really cool brick and tile architecture of this 1920's building as you enter your unit through the beautiful wood and glass entry door into a nice secured front hallway. As you enter the living room, you will notice the local St. Louis and Route 66 decor that frames the double reclining sofa and double reclining love seat, 40" internet connected smart TV with Roku, Netflix, Hulu, and other services. FREE High speed wifi is also available. The fully appointed eat-in kitchen offers a table and seating for 4 people, gas stove, fridge, walk-in pantry, toaster oven, Kuerig 2.0 (and complementary K-cup starter pack), basic spices, and all of the basics. Regular and adult beverages including local microbrews and wines are available for a nominal charge. There is a nice sized bath with tub/shower combo, vanity, hair dryer, linens and even soap, shampoo and conditioner. There are two separate bedrooms (one with firm and the other with plush mattresses, full linens, etc), alarm clocks, ceiling fans, room darkening shade, nice artwork, luggage valets, hangers, and dresser w mirror. There are additional closets. Work station/desk with high speed wireless internet. Full and FREE laundry available to guests. On and off street parking. Heat, AC, fans, extra blankets, iron with ironing board also provided. Secured front hallway. Access to the back yard plus some off-street parking. This space is beautiful and unique. We want this place to feel like home!
PS If you need more space, ask us about our other AirBNB spaces at this location and nearby.
THIS IS A SECOND FLOOR UNIT, which means some steps and no elevator.
You will have full access to an updated private furnished, decorated and fully equipped 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment in a beautiful vintage 4 unit building in the Heart of St. Louis' Southampton Neighborhood right in the Macklind Avenue District. You will be able to park off street or on street. You will have access to the back yard and the in house FREE lower level laundry facilities.
St. Louis is a 20 Minute City, meaning you can get almost anywhere within 20 Minutes. There are so many cool places within walking distance plus even more places a short bike ride, cab ride, bus ride or drive.
We like to meet our guests whenever possible to show them the features and amenities of the space, and all of the things we have done to provide for a enjoyable stay in our space. But once you are checked in, we want you to enjoy the space in privacy. If you need anything from directions to questions or whatever, we are available by phone anytime, and we are almost always nearby.
We want you to enjoy our stay here and to have the fullest experience our great City. We are reachable by phone anytime to answer questions and give pointers on things to do and see in Metro St. Louis. There is no shortage of things to do and see here in Metro St. Louis. There are dozens of restaurants and bars in the Macklind Avenue District, several within just a couple blocks of the front door, and many many more in great neighborhoods like Tower Grove/South Grand, Hampton Avenue, the Central West End, Soulard, the Grove, Maplewood, Clayton, Webster Groves and Kirkwood, just to name a few. St. Louis has some of the most beautiful and historic urban parks in the United States, from Carondelet Park to Willmore Park to Christy Park to Tilles Park to St. Francis Park. Nearby Forest Park is home of the St Louis Art Museum, the Missouri History Museum, the nationally known St. Louis Zoo (which is FREE), several lakes and golf courses. There are bikeways and trails that connect all of St. Louis' tourist sites from Alton to Affton to Arnold. The Gateway Arch and Washington Avenue and Downtown are definitely great sites to visit, along with Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary, JB Park, Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tours, Soulard Farmers Market, the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica, Grants Farm, City Museum, and so much more. St. Louis has snow skiing in winter and water skiing in summer. There are numerous scenic drives, including River Road and the Weinstrasse, among others. Ask and we will share Things to See and Do based on your interests!
CHECK-IN is 3 PM or after. CHECK-OUT is 11 AM or earlier.
We want you to be enjoy your stay, so we have a few simple GOLDEN RULES:
1) Enjoy your stay, tell us what we can do to make your current stay nicer, and tell everyone about our comfy AirBNB and our great city.
2) Take care of the place during your stay. Clean up after yourself. Take the trash out. NO smoking. NO medical marijuana. NO illegal drugs. NO underage alcohol.
3) Don't bother the neighbors and guests. If you can be heard outside of your space, you are too loud. NO parties. NO loud music. Be respectful.
4) Do nothing illegal. St. Louis PD has free housing for people who break laws!!
If you can do those 4 Golden Rules, we will get along great, but just in case, there are a few common sense rules posted in your space. And if you have questions, contact us through AirBNB anytime.
A couple more details:
1) This space is intended for travelers who are visiting St. Louis, so your legal address should be more than 40 miles away.
2) No pets, unless you have a documented assistance animal.
3) Standard accommodations are 2 queen beds (one firm and one plush), so we can easily accommodate 4 people in this space if you "double up". If you don't want to "double up", we can usually add roll away twin beds, air mattresses and cribs for a nominal charge.
4) Standard rates are for 2 people with a nominal per person charge for each additional person. We can host up to a maximum of 6 people for stays of 7 days or less/maximum of 4 for stays longer than 7 days. Each bedroom has one queen bed which can sleep 2 each if you double up. We have up to two twin sized rollaways per unit, so we can accommodate up to 6 people. If you have more than 6 people, or if you don't want to double up, contact us through AirBNB to discuss options.
5) Know that we have additional AirBNB spaces very nearby. If available, you may be able to book two or more units. We also know other AirBNB hosts with potentially available spaces. If you have a larger event with more people than 6 people (for example, weddings, funerals or graduations), let us know through AirBNB and we will do what we can to help you secure accommodations.
6) Most stays are short term. Longer than a week will require additional discussion and perhaps special terms. We are generally very easy to work with.
7) We do reserve the right to cancel any reservation that does not meet our house rules and guest standards.
8) Know that we have a heart for military, first responders, and those with a loved one in extended care at an area hospital.
All of these rules are intended for guest enjoyment.
Just a reminder:
> NO parties
> NO illegal drugs
> NO smoking
> NO medical marijuana
> NO underage alcohol
> NO criminal activity
> NO pets
If you do not agree to these things AND/OR if you have negative reviews from hosts on previous stays, we will not be able to host you. We want our guests to appreciate and protect the considerable time, energy and money we have invested to give you a great experience.
FINALLY: This space is a fresh new listing on AirBNB. We want to earn your 5 STAR REVIEW on AirBNB!! Tell us privately what we can do to improve your experience during your current (and next) stay!!
My fiance Carol and I travel extensively, and we have loved our stays in AirBNB homes in places like California, Michigan, Puerto Rico and more. We are active and outdoors and adventurous. Some of our recent adventures: Sea Kayaking in the Channel Islands of California, Tent Camping in 118 degrees at Joshua Tree National Park, Beach Camping on Flamenco Beach on Culebra Puerto Rico, Rain Forest Retreat at Casa Grande, body slamming the La Mina Falls, bicycling and hiking the Missouri Ozarks, dancing down Beale Street in Memphis, beer drinking in Baden Wurttemburg Germany, hiking up Pikes Peak Colorado, snorkeling Steps Beach in Rincon, and so much more. We love theater at the Fox in St. Louis, musicals at the Muny, Blues Hockey at the Kiel, dancing anywhere to live music, and anything outdoors.
We loved our AirBNB experiences so much that we decided to build our own AirBNB here in St. Louis. Our places are designed to feel like home. Our goal is to make your stay memorable, fun, sustainable and 5 STAR or better. We love meeting strangers who leave as friends. We love showing off our great city. We love doing this, and we hope it shows!!
Our Motto --> "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"