Private bedroom with separate entrance near SFO Airport. This clean and comfortable bedroom comes with a shared bathroom and shared kitchen, in the quiet/safe neighborhood of Millbrae. Taxi/Uber takes 5-10 min from airport.
We provide a business travel ready room with 5 stars from 80% of our guests:
A laptop-friendly workspace
24-hour check-in (keyless door entry)
A smoke detector
A carbon monoxide detector
Essentials (toilet paper, soap,clean towels)
Private bedroom available for up to two people located on the first floor of our home. The room has a separate entrance - seperate from the main entrance with its own door key so you can come in and go without worrying about making noise.
There is plenty of parking available directly in front of our house for those guests that are looking for free parking while traveling to and from the airport for a few days.
We have a comfortable queen sized bed instead of an airbed!
You will be able to use the bathroom and kitchen (both are upstairs, please consider if you have mobility issues). The common areas (living room and dining room) are not shared with AirBnB guests.
You will receive your own key and can come and go any time of day and night without needing to walk through the main house entrance, or worry about noise or privacy.
We are a family of computer professionals that work from home. We offer free WiFi at a super-fast 50 Mbps speed and also provide free use of a computer monitor, keyboard, mouse, computer chair and desk located inside the bedroom.
We provide a heater and an optional electrical blanket for those cold winter nights.
Cost of Taxi/Uber/Lyft to our house:
- San Francisco Airport cost about $20 with taxi or about $15 with Uber for a 5-10 min. drive to/from our house.
- Local grocery stores and restaurants in Millbrae cost about $6 with Uber or Lyft car services from our house.
Free for you:
- Plenty of free street parking, in front our house.
- We provide free bottled water, on day of arrival.
- Towels and soap.
- Microwave & filtered water
- Electric hot water kettle and coffee maker, in the kitchen.
- High speed Internet (50 Mbps).
- Computer desk with comfortable office chair.
- Your own mini refrigerator next to the bedroom
- Modern electric space heater and electric blanket.
- Laundry machine and dryer.
- Weekly housekeeping - or as needed.
- San Francisco Airport to our home cost about $20 with taxi or about $15 with Uber for a 5-10 min. drive.
- Cost for Uber ride share to San Francisco cost about $22 and takes about 25 mins.
No interaction is required with us, but we enjoy making friends and meeting new people from all parts of the world if you are interested. Conversely, we will respect your need for privacy and we enjoy maintaining a peaceful household atmosphere.
Please enjoy the private entrance room in our beautiful home with unbeatable views.
Our guests seem to like the location near to San Francisco airport (SFO) and Silicon Valley (SF Bay Area), with the great views and plenty of street parking at all hours of the day.
Please note the bathroom and kitchen is located on a different floor from the guest room. In case you have cat allergies: we do have a cat, but it is not allowed into the guest room.
Our neighborhood is quiet and safe. The backyard faces a forest and the neighborhood is within walking distance to the beautiful and expansive San Andreas lake and park system - ideal for walking, jogging or bicycling. Check out the Camp Sawyer Trail, a stunning 6 mi. concrete trail where you can see wildlife in action by the waterside.
We have blue skies for 9 months of the year. The weather is normally warm and we are not bothered by the fog-belt, like so often in nearby San Francisco or Daly City. In fact, many Bay Area residents refer to our city as "Sunny Millbrae".
We love Millbrae for the many good restaurants and good weather. We know Millbrae and San Francisco very well and will be happy to give advice and suggestions for places to eat good food or do fun things. Let us know if you have any questions or need some ideas.
The main house rule is to treat the place like your own home with respect & care.
- Please take off your shoes when going inside the house.
- Remember to turn off the power for electric heater when leaving the house.
- Do not put trash in the outside garbage bins.
- Leave the trash in the room when checking out, or bring to the kitchen for sorting and recycling.
- Please do not unplug power-cords to turn off the lights. Use the power switches instead.
- No smoking, either inside or outside in the yard and no illegal drugs.
- No loud music/TV/talking between 10 PM and 8 AM, inside or outside.
- No overnight guests except those booked through Airbnb.
- No pets.
- Food is not provided, but we provide a refrigerator for your use, next to your room.
- We offer very fast internet access (50+ mbps), but we ask that you do not torrent any copyrighted materials.
We will accommodate your stay with basic toiletry items: clean towels, shampoo, body wash and clean fresh bed sheets.
Monthly visitors can expect weekly cleaning of room, bed sheets and towels, or as needed upon request. We will also try to accommodate any special requests you may have. Just let us know.
If you need a car ride, consider trying Uber. To get the first free ride - up to $15, use this coupon code: uberMillbrae. Just go to the home web page of Uber.
First time AirBnB guests get US $25 discount by using this link:
I (Nils) do online marketing FOREX trading. I live with my two sons (Nils Eilif and Phillip) that are going to college. We work or study from home in Millbrae on our computers and live a quiet and peaceful life.
We are interested in foreign cultures, computers, online marketing, forex trading, meditation, photography, meta-physics and meeting new people from all around the world!
We are a non-smoking family and like other down-to-earth people. We will be happy to help and give advice about Millbrae and San Francisco Bay Area, transportation and all the great Asian restaurants that are available in our city.