Your rented bedroom is cozy and small room with a standard single comfy bed & shared bath. TV in room w/cable, streaming Roku w/ Netflix & Wifi in eclectic old house. Beautiful stone fireplace, park on premises. 10 minutes to Beautiful Stuart Beach!
Welcome to the Wood Palace. Your rented bedroom is in a host occupied home in a 2000 SF, 4 bedroom home on large, private lot. 3 bedrooms are available and rented separately. This cozy room has a comfortable single bed. The lavatory with shower is shared.
You are welcome to hang out on the front porch on the swing or rocking chairs, also out on the back deck which is a great spot for morning coffee! You will be sharing a lavatory with a large tiled shower stall with 2 other bedrooms. The front parlor is totally available for your use and you are welcome to hang out there as it is a nice peaceful place to go, furnished with a couch, a few chairs and a beautiful stone fireplace. You are also welcome to use our outdoor shower, which is private with hot water. The bedroom you are renting is intended for travelers on vacation who are visiting the area and is also ideal for those working in the area needing a place to shower and rest. All 3 rented guest rooms in the Funky Wood Palace has it’s own TV with basic cable, and a streaming Roku player with Netflix.
Host occupied home, I work from home and will be here most of the time to help you with anything you might need! Just ask!
The security deposit will only be charged if there are either missing items or damage to the property.
We do have 2 dogs (the black lab is incredibly hairy). We also have a cat which stays in a separate part of the house. Your room is not usually accessible to any animals, and it should be pretty much hair-free - unless the door is left open - and the dogs will enter if given the chance!
The house is VERY old and is a work in progress! Some things are updated while most are not. The quirkiness just adds to the charm!
For an adventure, you are welcome to use the private outdoor shower!
We are early risers (usually 6:00-6:30ish am) and we try to be as quiet as possible.
• MUST LOVE DOGS - 2 friendly dogs live here and will always be your welcoming committee.
• When submitting an inquiry, please tell us a little about yourself and your interest in staying here. Also let us know that you have read the full description and understand the house rules and feel comfortable staying here. Please keep in mind that this room is meant for 1 person and prior to arrival we must obtain a copy of each government issued ID. No additional guests or visitors are allowed.
• By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses nor are responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
• Please use luggage rack and do not place luggage on bed
• No: Smoking, illegal drugs, excessive alcohol & illegal internet activity.
• When not in use, please turn off lights, fans and TVs
• Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
• Guests will have some space in the refrigerator for drinks or snacks. Minimal kitchen privileges apply which include having morning coffee and to reheat items in the microwave. Please always clean up after yourself, and keep all of your personal belongings and dry goods in your room.
• Quiet time is between 11pm and 6am.
• Please know that the dogs will bark whenever entering the house, it's their job - if you enter the house late at night, the barking will wake up others in the house, please be courteous and quiet the dogs as quickly as possible.
• The front door is to be kept locked at all times. All other doors locked when no one is home.
• Housekeeping: While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not. If you need a fresh towel, please ask.
• The bathroom is shared so please return your personal toiletries to your room and hang your damp towels on the towel rack available in your room. Body wash, shampoo and conditioner are available in the shower for your use. Many people sharing the hot water, so no long showers please.
• There is a keyed lock on the bedroom door, you are welcome to lock the bedroom and take the key with you. If the key is not returned - there will be a $25 replacement charge.
• The AC is kept at 78.
• Park in front of the house on the lawn, or directly across the street in the grass. Please, do not block the driveway in any way.
• Each rented bedroom has it’s own TV with basic cable & Netflix. Please understand the family room and kitchen are for private use only. Guests are welcome to sit on the front porch, the back porch and relax in the front parlor, and use the outdoor shower (as noted in the guest access area of the listing).
Young at heart, free spirited, forgetful, easily amused, happy yet set in my ways at times ... strong and independent and honest and forthright.
My absolute favorite place to visit was the Greek Islands - and I hope to go back again. I LOVE Key West - for a fairly local visit - it's fun and a crazy and great little get away. I am an annual 2-park passholder for Universal Studios - so I guess I am a kid at heart.
I eat mostly organic vegetarian meals, but do enjoy fresh pastured organic eggs, sushi, and some fish and chicken occasionally.
My goal is to be your best host ever! And my second goal is for you to be the best guest ever! Let's work together and make your visit memorable and fun! The house is old, and has some quirks, but it's charming, delightful and the minute you walk in the front door you will feel a sense of "coming home."
Welcome to the Funky Wood Palace!