Our experience is exactly what a first time user dreams of before giving something new a try. The website was simple and direct. Sarah was easy to reach for us to discuss our trip weeks before arriving. The house, WOW, was amazing!
Let me begin with the dirt road to our rental. From both directions, you pass between a few large cacti, which gave the ambience of a secluded desert getaway. Our 2 year old son loved having wildlife right outside the door. If you are someone wanting paved roads and high walls to protect from bugs, this might not be for you. For the 6 days we stayed, we did not find one insect in the home. It was very clean and simple, not full of housewares that a 2 year old could destroy.
I'll try not to ramble on about how great it was, so let's note other positives...
- The two bedrooms are on the opposite side of the house to the master. The master bath is HUGE, with private door to the hot tub and pool.
- The pool was warm and clean. We played basketball in the pool, but didn't have time to use the hot tub.
- Sarah was extremely helpful and accommodating to our minor issues. I can't say enough of how great of a host she was!
- The home is a bit north, so it takes atleast 10 minutes to get to the freeway. There is a Target and Safeway (grocery) and other stores minutes away. The stars at night were spectacular, even saw some shooting stars!
- We enjoyed pool and ping pong. Due to the open floor plan and high ceilings, it does tend to echo, but nothing woke up the sleeping child.
- There were plenty of housewares, cups, plates, knives and the pantry had a good stock of left over goods that were useable.
I'm trying to think of any negative points, but honestly can't come up with real issues. I guess I could say that the tv's did not have cable, but were all Smart tv's. The living room and master tv had previous logins for Netflix and Hulu, so we enjoyed those programs.
Overall, we are very pleased we went with Airbnb. Other family and friends coming into Phoenix for a wedding stayed at regular hotels, commenting how nice our rental was when stopping over. This trip will lead me to use Airbnb again and recommend it to others. Thanks Sarah, look forward to staying there again next time we visit!