Discover this contemporary and unique vacation house offering stunning ocean views of Pender Harbour in the Sunshine Coast of BC. Just 2 hours drive from Vancouver.
This is a modern and exclusive accommodation perched at the high end of a steep site. The house takes the idea of luxury camping to a uniquely refined interior space designed to let the outdoors fulfill the space and your senses. There’s no stress out here, only the sense we belong to nature.
The unique natural setting is the protagonist: The modern cottage uses large spans of glass, including large exterior folding doors in the social areas and sliding patio doors in all bedrooms and bathroom for a magnificent view of the tree tops and harbour below. The extensive deck along the top floor, the planted roof top and deck -perfect for sunbathing- or the landscaped area in the ground floor will let you experience nature in a secluded and intimate way.
This house is perched between the ocean and three lakes within easy walking distance. Nearby beaches, several parks with great hikes and a golf course are within a short drive. Hotel Lake is just 500 meters away. A 1,200 meters walk will bring you to the waterfront at Hospital Bay and Pender Habour Marina and a 1,400 meter walk will take you to the outstations for the Royal Vancouver and Seattle Yacht Clubs, local restaurants, the Village Pub, the Garden Bay Post Office and the John Henry's general store. The nearby town of Madeira Park has a shopping center which includes a full-size grocery store with deli, pharmacy, credit union, restaurants, liquor store, hardware store, and other facilities.
Distances to some of our favorite spots include:
Garden Bay Lake 1.2 km, Mixal Lake 2.8 km, Sandy beach at Katherine Lake 3.4 km, Sandy beach at Ruby Lake 18.4 km, Daniel's Point Provincial Park 4.2 km, Mount Daniel Park 5.0 km, Pender Hill Park 2.7 km, Daniel's Point Park 3.0 km, Skookumchuck Narrows 30.0 km, Iris Griffith Field Studies and Interpretive Centre 18.3 km.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4:00 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10:00 A.M. PST. Early check-in can be dis- cussed based on availability and later check out may result in additional charges.
2. SMOKING: This is a NON SMOKING property.
3. PETS: Pets are not permitted in property under any conditions.
4. CONFIRMATION/CANCELLATION POLICY. - 50 percent deposit is due at the time of booking (if more than 14 days prior to arrival) and the balance 14 days before your arrival date. Full amount required if booking within 14 days. Cancellations more than 30 days prior to date of booking - 100% deposit refund less $150.00 administration fee. Cancellations less than 30 days to date of booking, no refund, unless we are able to re- rent the time period less $150.00 administration fee.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $500 is required in addition to the cost of your booking . This must be received at the time of the balance payment. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent and it is fully refund- able within (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in garbage container outside, and soiled dishes are placed in
the dishwasher and cleaned.
c. The keys are returned to the lock box and unit is left locked.
d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
e. No linens are lost or damaged.
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons. The posted rate is based in 4 people. An additional charge or $20.00 per adult and $10.00 per night in addition to four(4) will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
7. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
8. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
11. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
12. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. One under the porch and one in the driveway. Parking on the road is not permitted.
13. LIABILITY. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the prem- ises or its facilities. The owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. The Tenant agrees not to en- gage in any unlawful or unsafe practices while occupying the Property and to strictly observe and abide by all regulations and by-laws of Sunshine Coast Regional District. The Tenant agrees that all activities will be con- ducted so as not to endanger any person or damage any of the Property. The Rentor shall have the right at any time to eject from the Property any person or persons who, in the Rentor's opinion, is creating a distur- bance or otherwise behaving in an objectionable or improper manner or causing danger, harm, damage or public disturbance. Cost incurred due to breach of any of the provisions herein, loss or damage caused by the Tenant or by the Rental Party, including the cost of cleaning will be deducted from the damage deposit. If the costs amount to greater than the damage deposit the Tenant shall pay the excess costs to the Rentor.
By Booking, You agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement