Just minutes to downtown and the Blue Ridge Parkway, but surrounded by farms and wildlife! Lucky W Cottage is located on the grounds of Lucky W Farm in the Beaverdam Valley of North Asheville.
Please care for our cottage as if it were your own. We have worked long and hard to make it a comfortable space for you.
• Do not smoke or vape--anywhere (inside or out), period.
• Put all dirty towels on the floor in front of the shower.
• Wipe any food from the kitchen counters. Put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start before you leave.
• Put bathroom trash into the can in the kitchen.
• We can recycle newspaper, cartons, plastic #1 and 2 only, and mixed paper. Please put these in the bin in the kitchen.
If you open the main doors, please turn all lights out in the cottage to reduce the number of bugs inside the cottage.
• Do not let any animals in the cottage.
• Please be careful on the rocky access path; it is old and uneven. We will leave outside lights on for you, but ask that you turn them off when you go to bed. Also, please turn off lights inside when you are out.
• We have frequent and unexpected thunderstorms during the warmer months in the mountains, so please be sure to close all windows while you are out. Also close them while you are there if the rain is coming in the windows.
• Lucky W Farm is a working farm and has potential hazards. We ask that visitors use caution around the grounds, uneven paths and walkways, electric fences, bee hives, swimming pool and horses. Guests assume all liability for themselves and their children.
• Our swimming pool is open with no protective enclosure. For this reason we have a no children under 8 policy. Guests are welcome to use the pool, but please note that it is the family pool so you may have company while you swim.
• Our free-roaming chickens are part of the charm of our place. So crowing in the wee hours is to be expected and a vital piece of the natural ambiance.
• All guests coming to Lucky W need to be pre-approved by Jessica or William. Please let us know if you plan to have other in-town or out-of-town guests visit you while staying here at Lucky W Cottage.
• Please do not use any glass ware anywhere in the pool area.
Hi! My husband William and I are from Asheville NC. We have a small farm just minutes from downtown where we raise chickens, bees, and horses. We sell eggs and honey.
We love to travel and camp. We are interested in knowing the places we visit by knowing the people who live and work there. We want to eat the regional cuisine and find and do things we can't do at home.