West End Beach is across the street - playgrounds tennis fishing basketball concessions & boat rental. Generous outdoor space equipped with hammock, dining table, umbrella, grill & outdoor fireplace. Full equipped kitchen, 65" flat screen tv. Wifi. 4 parking spots.
Downtown 10 minutes by car; Old Truckee 15
A pet fee is charged for all pets. If you have any question about this, please ask prior to booking. Otherwise, a change request will be sent to you for the pet fee. Pet fees range from $100 to 200.
For all guests, we ask that you please be respectful of the tenant in the ground floor unit and our other neighbors. When entering the property, this rental unit is located half way back and can also be access from the rear of the property.
FOR ALL GUESTS:
1. Garbage needs to be place in the brown bear box" by the street. There is a tool attached to the box to open it.
2. Please run the dishwasher prior to your departure.
3. Please close all windows prior to your departure.
4. Smoking is not allowed inside the house or on the balcony. In the rear of the house you are welcome to smoke provided you are 20 feet from the house and you clean up your butts.
FOR SUMMER GUESTS
1. Please remove the sand from your feet, body, bags, coolers and towels before entering the house.
FOR WINTER GUESTS ONLY:
1. Snow removal has been done to allow access for 5 cars. If you will be bringing more than 2 cars, please contact me before your arrival so we can discuss the specifics of parking.
2. The water will be turned off when you arrive. The panel to turn it on is located next to the bathroom near the staircase on the ground floor. Turn the blue handle so it is flat and the panel can be placed back over the access point. BEFORE YOU LEAVE, YOU MUST TURN THE WATER OFF. A FAILURE TO DO SO COULD BE CATASTROPHIC. TURN THE HANDLE BACK TO THE POSITION IN WHICH YOU FOUND IT - 90 DEGREES FROM THE WALL.
3. When you arrive the thermostat will need to be adjusted. The house will be at 50 degrees F. WHEN YOU DEPART, YOU MUST TURN THE THERMOSTAT BACK TO 50 DEGREES AND PRESS HOLD.
4. Do NOT use the firewood you find outside. It is wet and will do nothing but smoke up the house and set off the fire alarms. You can purchase dry firewood or use the provided Duraflame logs. All ash must be removed from the fireplace before you depart. Please put it in the metal ash can and let it cool off overnight or for at least a few hours before putting it out in the brown locking trash container on the driveway.
Travel is fun and exciting but can be hard on the wallet. It doesn't have to be that way. Email if you have questions, especially if your requested dates are in the near term and I will do my best to work with you!
Having spent more time than I care to remember in sterile, uninviting hotel rooms, I was initially attracted to vacation rentals as refreshing, and often more affordable, alternatives. What I found were the same white walls and beige furniture or, even worse, cluttered rooms and Aunt Edna's donated dilapidated couch in the living room. Well, welcome to something different. Take a break from your busy schedule by relaxing in clean, inviting rental that that feels enough like home that you're immediately comfortable while being so special you'll look forward to your return. Many of my guests have been back 2 or 3 times, and some have found themselves venturing across the country to check out another Red Hot Vacation Rental.
My places are located in Chicago, Miami Beach and San Francisco. I've lived in all 3 cities and am happy to suggest hidden local gems or recommend the best nearby dry cleaner.