This is the perfect vacation place for those that want to get away from the frantic city life. You will find peace and tranquility at this Vermont retreat. Enjoy the outdoor pool(June - Labor Day only) during the day, and then have fun roasting marshmallows in the evening at the fire pit. Try fishing in our pond, or hiking on the logging trails throughout our 36 acres. Walk to the Grafton Inn for dinner and then return to enjoy stargazing on your own porch. You may never want to leave!
We have owned "Brookside" for 20 years, yet we still marvel at the feeling of relaxation one gets crossing the bridge and entering this peaceful oasis of open fields and sky.
You will be staying in an 1820 circa farmhouse that has an open kitchen, dining, and living area with a wood burning stove. Also on the first floor, there is a separate family room that is perfect to retreat to read, play a board game, or watch a movie. Cable TV is available if you prefer to watch the news or sports. There is a desk in the family room if one needs to check in with the outside world, the house has high speed internet. There is also a bathroom on this floor.
The second bath and all the bedrooms are on the second floor which gives one privacy from activities that might be going on downstairs. There is a total of four bedrooms. All beds will be freshly made up for your arrival! The front large bedroom, The Field Room, has a queen size bed and overlooks the front fields and river. There is a desk and french doors in the master bedroom. The large back bedroom, The Pool Room, overlooks the pool and is nicely equipped with has a queen bed and a single bed. The other two bedrooms are smaller with a set of twin beds in each room.
You will find the house well laid out and comfortable which allows it to be enjoyed by all ages. We have a number of games, puzzles, books and DVDs there for your enjoyment.
There are also two refrigerators in the house, the second refrigerator is a great place to store extra food and drink that one might need on vacation.
You can choose to relax on one of two porches. Right by the back porch, there is a gas grill for your use. The back screened porch overlooks the pool and pond. Dine there in the evening, listening to the crickets and bull frogs!
Guests have fully access to the house, pool, pond and the walking trails that are located on the 34 acres of our property. This area is located behind our house and there are a number of timber trails throughout the back 26 acres which makes for easy hiking with your family especially with young ones. A perfect outdoor activity for an hour or so, there is a secret hidden field off the main logging trail that is a fun place for the kids to find!
Guests can call, text or email us anytime with any questions or concerns. During evening hours, it is best to call or text.
* Please be aware that the pool is not fully fenced off and there is direct access to the backyard/pool via a sliding door in the house. Especially important to know if you have young children.
* Pool is not heated.
* All beds will freshly made up for your arrival!
* A gas grill is available for your use. Grilling tools can be found in a red canvas bag that should be in the Laundry Room.
* The fireplace in the Dining Room can not be used for a fire. There are candles in that fireplace that you can use. The wood stove in the Living Room can be used for fires.
* You can find additional firewood by the stables. This can be used for the outside fire pit or the wood stove in the Living Room.
* We have weekly garbage pickup each Monday morning(early).
* It is best to put all garbage in bins outside of the barn on Sunday evening.
*Our WiFi signal is strongest in the TV room and Living Room. We will be working on increasing the signal strength throughout the house but currently we do not have WiFi on the second floor.
* Outdoor pool is available from Memorial Day to Labor Day only.
* We are very sorry but we cannot have any cats at the house as I am very allergic to cats. A dog may be permitted on a case by case basis. Please contact me if you are interested in bringing your dog.
*Games are located in two closets in the TV room. One location is over the desk and the second location is the cabinet underneath the TV.
*Puzzles are located in the main entryway cabinets.
Renters must be over the age of 25.
1. This is a strictly No Smoking House. There will be an additional $100 cleaning fee if there has been any smoking in the house. There are two porches where you may smoke but no smoking is allowed in the house.
2. No large groups (larger than 12) or parties are permitted on the property without prior consent of the owner. Security deposit will be forfeited if any large groups or parties are held on the premise without the knowledge of the owner. Property manager will visit property during your stay if a large gathering is on property.
3. The fire grate must fully cover the fire area when the fire place is in use. Fires cannot be left unattended. A fire must be fully extinguished before leaving the house.
4. Candles must be fully extinguished before leaving a room unattended.
5. Any concerns about the proper operations of the house or need for repairs should be immediately reported.
6. Guests may not disturb the peace with loud activities.
7. Guests may not bring pets without prior approval of the owners.
8. Only guests approved through the airbnb booking may occupy the house.
9. Guests should not enter the barn.
10. Children must be supervised in the pool at all times.
11. The owners reserve the right to inspect the house and property at any time and/or have to their agent inspect the house and property at any time.
At the end of your visit, please:
*Please run the dishwasher and make sure coffee pot is turned off.
*Put all kitchen garbage into outside bins by the barn. Garbage bags can be found in the lower cabinet to the right of the stove. Trash pickup is early every Monday morning.