完美的位置!从议会,Byward市场,加蒂诺山庄,温泉Nordik,国家博物馆和会议中心。我们的定制家居是在国家马拉松的路线,可以方便地进入HWY 417.虽然我们的家是一个正在进行的工作,你会受到一个豪华的入住厨房欢迎,放松大型前廊,水疗浴缸和宽敞的充满光的房间。我们欢迎家庭,小团体退休人士,电影人员和会议参加者。 OMDC电视媒体也欢迎。
Welcome to Eight Kilbarry in Manor Park Ottawa!
Wifi Network: FoxNet-Guest Password: OnHub6565
Garage code: 5454 “enter” .
If there are any questions or issues, please contact us immediately: Melanie (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or Alan (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Please keep in mind that this is our home and not a commercial vacation rental. Like you, we have benefited from like-minded families that wish to share their homes for travelers to have the best experience possible, and make a new city home for only a short time ☺ We hope you will enjoy your stay here in Ottawa.
As you may be aware a great deal of work and preparation goes into preparing a home for guests. We want you to feel at home, but please maintain our home in much the same condition much as you arrived :) Cleaners are located under the small kitchen sink. Please also respect our secure areas that have been locked for our personal use only.
Please note that any damage to the property or its contents will be charged against your security deposit. Helpful hint: For your own piece of mind, we encourage you to take photos with your phone of the main areas upon arriving and departing, in case that there are any disputes about the condition of the house upon your arrival/departure. There may be guests that have preceded you or come after you and you may wish to have some certainty.
Please be respectful of the following House Rules:
We love being able to welcome pets, but…
• Please place water dishes in the mudroom with water away from the wood floors.
• No pets on the furniture in the house including couches, beds or the outdoor cushions.
• Refrain from playing fetch in the house to protect the wood floors from being damaged.
• The plants and baskets outdoors have been equipped with “thirsty lights”. The lights will go off when the plant becomes too dry. If the lights do go on, please take a moment to add about a half litre of water to them. They are our beloved plants of many years so thank you in advance for looking out for them while you are with us.
• The outdoor baskets will likely likely require water during your stay. We have been watering them every two to three days in hot weather.
• Please use the compost and garbage bags provided to manage food waste and garbage. Garbage days are on Tuesdays a schedule for garbage and compost will be provided.
• Upon leaving please place your garage into the bins where we can take out the garbage on the following Tuesday. If you are here following a rental, please as a courtesy put this garbage out at the end of the driveway.
• If you are an experienced barista or baristo feel free to use the espresso machine, but please do not adjust the grinder. Coffee beans have been provided for espresso. There is an instruction booklet in the small drawers in the coffee drawer.
• When using the Stove or oven be sure to put the fan on. As an energy efficient home it is very air tight and it is very easy to set off the fire alarm. If the alarm goes off, open the doors and wave over the detector.
• Towel Warmer – A towel warmer is located in the main bathroom. This helps to keep towels fresh during your stay, but please do not forget to TURN IT OFF when you are done in the shower.
• The Limestone soaker tub in the ensuite bathroom must be cleaned after each use as it is susceptible to staining due to the porous nature of the material. All purpose cleaner has been provided.
• When using the hand held shower in the ensuite tub take note to shake it out before replacing so water does not tickle down to the floor. Also be sure not to leave the water switched to the hand shower after cleaning to avoid spraying yourself accidently ☺
• Laundry is located in the basement to the left of the stairs. Soap is available under the sink and is super concentrate. Please only use a full small tube full as provided…seriously…it’s all it takes ☺ If you like the soap it is available at Costco online ☺
• The television is turned on in the lower right corner. You will need to turn on the Xbox to watch Netflix; otherwise we are pretty cable free. Netflix will automatically connect- use the game consoles to select.
• The fireplace has been turned off for the summer.
• To the left of the house(facing the street), you have an older recently retired couple. Bob and Jean. To your right, you have Tom and Renee and their two boys. Directly across are Darren and Ruth and in the green house are Courtney and Patrick and their three children. You will find that many of the neighbors enjoy their front porches and can be very friendly. They are fully aware that we have opened our home to you.
• Please be respectful of the quietude of the neighborhood and refrain from loud music outside. In the event that there is a significant noise complaint, disruptions or unwelcomed behaviour, you will be asked to leave the property. Absolutely no parties.
• Your other neighbors not so far away include the prime minister of Canada Justin Trudeau and his wife Sophie and their three children ☺. He lives a few mere blocks away on the Governor General grounds. Former prime minister Jean Cretien also has a home not far from the RCMP college.
• For your safety a fire extinguisher is available to you in the mudroom.
• Ensure that the front and back doors are locked every time you leave the house and please always exit and enter the house by the mudroom via the garage.
• Please feel free to use the trampoline outside, but DO NOT leave your children unattended and ensure only two children are on the trampoline at one time. It is very easy for a child to hurt their neck or have a knee in the face Use at your own risk.
Two towels per room have been provided; please ensure that towels are dry before being placed in hampers before the end of your stay.
Highlights in the Area
• We are steps away from the RCMP Musical Ride. You can walk over and meet the horses and the officers that work with them. You can also greet them in the paddock in the mornings and send them off at sunset.
• For the July 1st Fireworks we recommend seeing them at Stanley park in New Edinburgh. Get to the park early and have a picnic and stake out your parking spot…its going to get busy! Bring bug spray for dusk and don’t forget your sparklers. If you wish to be among the crowds at Parliament Hill, you will not be disappointed. A fabulous site is at the Museum of History grounds or the ultimate spot…right on a boat on the river.
• We are a ten minute walk from a popular but little known swimming pond (just off Pond St.) in the Calver Conservation area. We will often walk there or plunge in after a morning run.
• The Aviation museum is a child favorite. We have taken our own children there for many years and they offer plane rides over the city for under $100. There is a lot to experience and see here.
• The Rockcliffe parkway is closed to cars on Sunday mornings for rollerblades and cyclists. You can also follow the lower path to the Ottawa river and walk along the river for miles!
• There is the St Charles Market on Saturday mornings at the old church on Beechwood.
• Sit on the lawn of St Charles and enjoy real fire baked pizza on Thursday nights.
• Defnitely pay a visit to Sundae School on Beechwood or the old favorite close by the DQ for ice cream.
• Ottawa’s downtown and shopping are a 15 minute bus ride away. The bus stop is in front of the RCMP college. You will take the bus across the street to go downtown or the bus on the same side of the street to go to St. Laurent Mall.
We prefer guests who are recommended by other hosts, have travelled on Airbnb and have no negative reviews.
My name is Melanie Rebane and I am a photographer based in Canada's national capital (not Toronto lol) Ottawa, Ontario. While we love the to bike, ski and cottage close to home,our wanderlust, sense of adventure and my photography work take me to all sorts of wonderful places all over the world.