Il Palazzo is the perfect accommodation for those wanting a lavish experience of staying in a classic coastal home on the Adriatic. Originally constructed in the 1700s, Il Palazzo retains all the old-world charm that lets you feel the romance of Europe long ago. To ensure your comfort, Il Palazzo's interior has been renovated with modern European amenities and furnishings - classic styling, modern comfort.
Il Palazzo is a large home, which spans 5 levels. A large open-plan living, dining and kitchen area with views over a small harbor provides ample space for entertaining or just relaxing. Two spacious bedrooms each have a large queen bed, while the third bedroom can comfortably accommodate an additional adult. The open-plan loft provides an additional queen size bed plus two sofa beds and full bathroom. All sleeping quarters have water views. An outdoor terrace has ample space for setting up an alfresco meal or sun bathing. Il Palazzo also includes a quiet office retreat, sauna and a wine cellar, which is stocked with a selection of wines for you to enjoy during your stay.
Il Palazzo is located in the quaint seaside village of Volosko. This authentic fishing village of old narrow houses and two lighthouses was first mentioned in 1543, but is unquestionably older. Only one kilometer from the center of Opatija and 20 minutes from the city of Rijeka, it provides the unforgettable maritime feeling.
With an active fishing community and small boat harbor, Volosko is pleasantly removed from the hustle and bustle of modern European life, allowing you to soak up the Mediterranean charm. Quaint, however does not mean isolated. Just outside your front door you have access to a handful of waterfront restaurants and cafes. Small convenience stores and shops are located just a couple minutes’ walk away. A beautiful waterfront stroll will take you to the seaside city of Opatija, and a quick 15 minute drive will bring you to Rijeka. Il Palazzo makes an ideal base for exploring or doing business in the region, while having a wonderful seaside retreat to return to at the end of the day.
Living room: 3 seat couch, two armchairs, 2 small ottomans, TV and a coffee table
Bedroom 1: European king size bed, bedside table, wardrobe, chest of drawers
Bedroom 2: European king size bed, bedside table, wardrobe, chest of drawers
Bedroom 3: twin bed, bedside table, chest of drawers
Bedroom 4: European king size bed, 2 twin beds, bedside table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, air conditioner
Bathroom1: toilet, washbasin, shower
Bathroom 2: bathtub, toilet, washbasin, shower
Bathroom 3: toilet, washbasin, shower
Office: desk, desk chair, computer screen and 2 seat couch
Terrace: table for 6 and table for 4, two deck chairs and small table
ceramic glass electric stove
iron and ironing board
bed linen and towels provided
smoking not allowed
Check-in is anytime from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. On your departure day we kindly ask you to leave the house anytime before 10:00 am. We will be there for the check out.
In the case of late arrival we need to be informed at least 1 day in advance.
Please note that you are obligated to inform us , by mail or telephone, about the exact time of your arrival to the apartment at least 2 working days in advance.
1.Town of Opatija – elegant tourist destination with a tourism industry dating from 19 century
2.Town of Lovran – of all of the places that have developed on the steep eastern slopes of Ucka, Lovran is the oldest.
3.City of Rijeka – you will enjoy amazing tour through history if you visit Rijeka and it’s gems, old roman ruins, churches, beautiful center with many coffee shops, open market and busy fisherman’s docs
4.First Class Croatia is advising you to visit inland of Istrian peninsula to taste homemade olive oil, great wines and enjoy truffle specialities especially town of Motovun, Groznjan, Oprtalj and of course Rovinj. If you have time visit Brijuni National Park with a boat from Fazana.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS (our guests recommended):
1.Restaurant Moho, Volosko
2.Restaurant Tramerka, Volosko
3.Restaurant Skalinada, Volosko
4.Restaurant Plavi Podrum, Volosko
5.Restaurant Le Mandrac, Volosko
HOW TO GET HERE
Flight to Croatia: If you are flying to Zagreb – take a A1 highway to Opatija
If you are flying to Krk island – take a motorway road to Opatija trough Rijeka
If you are flying to Trieste or Venice – take a highway towards Republic of Slovenia (direction of Rijeka) and then cross the Rupa border to enter Croatia.
Venice Airport, Italy
Trieste Airport, Italy
By train: Croatian Railways
By boat: Croatian national ferry/ship company
For more info about events, local sites, shopping, beaches, sport clubs please email us or visit Opatija Tourist board web site: (URL HIDDEN)
We would like to acquaint you with the house rules so that your stay in our home will be pleasant, while for all other additional information please speak to your host.
- Accommodation is available from 4:00PM on the day of arrival until 10:00AM on the day of departure.
- Guests themselves are responsible for personal property and valuables left in the apartment/rooms and the owner is not responsible for the subsequent loss thereof.
- Guests are responsible for their behavior in the house and surrounding area, and in the case of an accident they shall bear the consequences themselves.
- Lock the doors to the apartment/rooms from the inside and when going out be sure to lock the doors and windows, close sunshades and switch off the lights and all electrical appliances (TV, air conditioning, stove, iron and turn off the taps.
- In exceptional circumstances and in the absence of the guest, the owner of the facility has a right to enter the apartment/room to prevent the occurrence of possible damage or danger. The owner is obliged to notify the guest about the entry into the apartment/room at the first subsequent contact.
- Destruction of equipment and furniture, causing disorder and disturbing other guests is prohibited, and it is expressly forbidden to make loud noises in the time between 2:00 – 4:00PM and from 11PM – 7:00AM.
- The contents of the apartment/rooms may only be used by persons who are registered as guests; however the hosts may, upon the request of the guest, permit possible visits at certain times.
- Bringing in weapons, explosive and easily flammable material is not permitted.
- Use of equipment and appliances which are not an integral part of the offer of the apartments/rooms may be used only upon the consent of the host.
- Bringing in of animals is permitted only upon the consent of the host.
- In the event of the disappearance or damage to installations, furniture, appliances, equipment of the apartments/rooms the guest is obliged to notify the host. Insofar as the disappearance or damage occurred due to the fault of the guest, the guest is obliged to compensate the corresponding equivalent value.
- It is forbidden to remove appliances and equipment (towels, covers etc.) from the apartment/rooms.
- In the event of disregard of the house rules, the host has the right to refuse further providing of services
- Handover of identity card or passport to the host immediately upon arrival for registration at the Tourist office
- You may offer your comments, suggestions and compliments to your host who is at your disposal at all times
We wish you a pleasant stay!
My name is Tea and I am working for First Class Croatia (FCC). FCC offers high quality apartments and houses for vacation rentals in Croatia and I'm happy I will be able to assist you during your stay. As a very passionate traveler I'm happy to being able to meet and help guests from all around the planet that visit Croatia and stay in our apartments. Croatia is a beautiful country for vacation and we, in First Class Croatia team will make sure you have a fabulous holiday. See you soon!